Who Needs .22LR? Act Fast... 2100 Rounds for $99 with Free Shipp

when i bought first gun, marlin 60, 550 federal was 8.99...

pre o bama remmy golden bullets were 15ish at the walmarts.

post o bama remmys only seem to be showin up at the sporting good stores, for more than the walmarts used to sell em for. i think its some contract clause walmart has to keep prices low (which, arguably could be the bigger disservice to us as consumers.) so now price for golden bullets at my local academy is 21.99. more than i like to spend, but not 50 bucks. and its generally available, at least once per week, with only a 15 minute early morning wait... 

i personally really enjoy getting out there and bsing with folks in the morning, talkin politics etc.. only thing missing is coffee and donuts!!!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The same thing happened to me last winter when I first ran across this same deal.  I placed an order that showed in-stock but when I got the receipt, it showed back order.   They ended up sending it a

you done step on that. you're suppose to buy it first, then send the note. chalk this up to; lesson learned

filthygovemploye , You think that price is gouging  try $10 per 50 round box  local ranch supply  only game in town  and three counties !!   SGL ,  no way you can make me jealous with such a paltr

Posted Images

Walmart has changed their online site to not give availability in particular stores any longer due to people using it to show up in groups buy it out and resell.

Of course it makes it harder on those of us who just want to replace what we shoot also. At times I wish I had doubled what I thought were sufficient stores of the little round but really if you cant replace what you shoot it would not been any different.

I just realized I likely have more 22LR than all the stores in town combined... heh.

Is there a place on Cabelas site to order the .22 Federal ammo box on a backorder basis or did they remove the offer altogether?  I can't seem to find it scanning through the ammo ads on the site.  Thanks.

Wolverine

Is there a place on Cabelas site to order the .22 Federal ammo box on a backorder basis or did they remove the offer altogether?  I can't seem to find it scanning through the ammo ads on the site.  Thanks.

Wolverine

I could be wrong, but in my experience I don't think Cabela's has a standard backorder system that you can sign up for.   The only backorders I've ever had from Cabela's was when something showed in stock but was oversold.   Once a product shows "sold out" there's no way to back order it. 

Sportsman's Guide on the other hand is the king of back orders.   They'll sell you stuff that a friend of a friend told them might be in stock next year and make you wait.   

Wolverine

I could be wrong, but in my experience I don't think Cabela's has a standard backorder system that you can sign up for.   The only backorders I've ever had from Cabela's was when something showed in stock but was oversold.   Once a product shows "sold out" there's no way to back order it. 

Sportsman's Guide on the other hand is the king of back orders.   They'll sell you stuff that a friend of a friend told them might be in stock next year and make you wait.   

Bummer...

If it is available for back order they will let you order now....I have a half dozen boxes of federal 30-06 165gr np and a half dozen boxes of black cloud 31/2" # 2s on back order currently...projecting ship date is 10-30. The wont charge you till it ships.

No back order option for the cans of 22

Edited by sccritterkiller

Yep they must have gotten another shipment because the guy I spoke with on the phone the other night after ordering, said all back orders would be filled as soon as a new shipment came in. He said the status changed from "now in stock" to "back ordered" while I was placing my order. Said the amount of time til new orders were filled depends on how many are on the back order list ahead of them. My card was hit today and I have a tracking number.

Ammo on the way! 027.gif

Yep they must have gotten another shipment because the guy I spoke with on the phone the other night after ordering, said all back orders would be filled as soon as a new shipment came in. He said the status changed from "now in stock" to "back ordered" while I was placing my order. Said the amount of time til new orders were filled depends on how many are on the back order list ahead of them. My card was hit today and I have a tracking number.

Ammo on the way! 027.gif

It's always awesome when good guys catch a break!

• Like 1

I called Cabelas to find out why I"ve had this on backorder since last year and have yet to receive it especially with all of you getting tracking #'s.    Will someone do me a HUUUUGE favor and pm me the item # that you orered so I can compare it to mine and provide it to a  Cabelas rep to see what the deal is?

I called Cabelas to find out why I"ve had this on backorder since last year and have yet to receive it especially with all of you getting tracking #'s.    Will someone do me a HUUUUGE favor and pm me the item # that you orered so I can compare it to mine and provide it to a  Cabelas rep to see what the deal is?

IK-21-8025, 2100RD AMMO CAN:CHAMPION 22LR 2100RD

If any of you lucky SOBs that got in on that deal want 1050 rounds for free other than the cost of shipping, I'll pay you $99 for the other 1050 you ship me (you cover shipping for my $99)...

Yeah, $0.9/rd for .22LR isn't a deal by traditional standards (a bit over double price) but I'll take it. I can't find SHIT...  My Ruger 10/22 Takedown is still UNFIRED after nearly a year of ownership because I am terrified to burn up any of the 400 rounds (I know... I know... my fault) of .22LR I have on hand.

So.. If someone wants to help me out, help themselves out, and take that deal....Drop me a PM.

Or if someone is REALLY generous and wants to sell me all 2100, I'll offer them a 50% gain on the their money PLUS shipping ($150 and I pay the shipping). I doubt I'll get any takers on this deal, but I can hope!

I'd be willing to trade some Tula x39 as part of the deal if you need some... I'd also be willing to come off of a little Remmington .45acp. For that matter, if someone really wants to trade and deal, I need some 9mm as well...

Anyhow, I throw myself upon the mercy of the more prepared and quicker acting. ;)

Edited by Maxwelhse

There was a time when I had little or none about a year ago, I think I had about 200 rounds. So I started to watch Slick Guns about 4 time a day everyday and waited. Every once in a while a deal would come up for a fair price, some times I would get it but most of the time I did not. You just got to wait and look harder. 22LR and 556  and 380 are the ones I buy . So little by little I have all I need.

It takes a plan and time. Cabela's is the place I have gotten the most of my 22LR because they always run deals.  They have to it is part of who they are and with a credit card from them they give you $5 flat shipping and reward points.

Thanks for the heads up,but sadly I'm still a regular working man, am too stingy to pay for a smartphone, and work for a European company... I don't think they would take too kindly to me looking up ammo 4 times a day on their internet feed... sad.png

I know.. Again, It's all my own fault for 1, not being prepared (in all other calibers other than my recently acquired first 9mm, I have learned my lesson), 2. being too damn cheap to pay $100 a month for a smart phone.

The good news is, even though he didn't make this awesome ammo score, our fellow member (and hell of a guy as far as I'm concerned) sccritterkiller, is digging into his own stash to hook me up with about 1000 rounds... The deal isn't fully hashed out yet, but I'm sure it will be. I'm also sure he doesn't have 100,000 rounds to sell, which makes it even more of a kind and awesome gesture.

I just wanted to say that because (another itemized list): 1. Since I'm positive he is a man of his word, I don't need any additional charity and if someone has some extra, they should sell it to someone else as SC is selling me enough for me to play and to stock a bit extra back, 2. He's a totally awesome guy to come out of his own stash to help me out, for no damn reason at all (never met the guy... never had a beer with him... never done anything for him; I can tell you this though.. I get down to Greenville, SC about 1-2 times a year and I WILL be making the drive to shake his hand and buy him that beer), other than being a completely great guy looking to help someone else out. That, in the farm country, is what we call "the salt of the Earth".

Sooo... Like I said before, I can pay it forward if someone needs it... I have some x39 and .45acp I could part with if someone is in need. Trades for 9mm would be excellent too (again... bought my first 9 about 3 hours shy of 1 week ago... so I don't feel that guilty about being caught with my pants down on that one). I think x39 is getting easier to find, but I haven't seen many .45acp scores in... well... since Giffords was shot..  That's when I bulked up my inventory.

If you need it, let me know. It's the least I can do since a stranger came out of the woodwork and out of their own stash to help me out.

P.S. I have some "low-recoil" .45acp Hydra-Shok ammo that I have no intention of ever running. Bought it in 2005, carried it for 3 years or so, then packed it away with desiccant in an ammo box. If you have a smaller stature, or possibly a lady shooter that carries .45acp, and want to run some nice self defense rounds and can't find 'em. Let me know. I bought them by accident and have since stepped up to full load hyrda-shok ammo in my .45s...

Edited by Maxwelhse

I was at Walmart this morning shortly after 6am and they actually had a 100 rd box of 88gr .380 for almost $44. I was in shock and then sad dejection as they won't sell ammo here until 8am. I knew I wouldn't be able to get back before 8:30 and couldn't wait around for 2 hours, so it must be gone by now. Gee it looked so lonely all by itself behind that locked glass door. I really felt it needed to be freed and released to someone who would appreciate it for what it was. Crap, now I'm giving them personalities. More coffee and less free time at WM.

This is no reflection on any one just a general observation.

We have been preaching for many years to prepare for hard times. Although this little microcosm of a shortage is not really life threatening it is a warning.

Those who have prepared have long been troubled by what to do when we find ourselves vindicated and supplied when a shortage occurs and those whom did not prepare ask honorably or even demand help. 

There is a real lesson here. The mind must be prepared also.

All I can say is we hope the lesson is learned now.

Well said Rhodes,

And to think this perceived shortage was provoked by an emotional response to what may come to pass not an actual reduction in supply. Imagine the impact if or when there is a real catastrophic event.

When people tell me I'm crazy for trying to be prepared, I just smile and say we'll see won't we.

Keep your powder dry boys.

Funny thing is in the Scout's the motto was "Be prepared".

A most deceptively simple little sentence that requires dedication to an ideal of taking responsibility not only for one's self but of community.

To all whom sacrifice today to be prepared for tomorrow, salute. 

BTW if you want a great little resource find the 1960s Boy Scout Handbook. It may surprise you.

Later versions... not so much.

So when someone says it's foolish to prepare ask them if they were ever a Scout.

Federal is good ammo.  I experienced too many duds with Remington and had 25 year old ammo in GI ammo cans which worked better than the new stuff and the bullet didn't slip off the round.  The ammo case is also good after I experienced a loss of ammo when my basement flooded.  The South African ammo cases had holes in the bottom which allowed the water to enter the cases and destroy the rounds. 

I can't believe the outrageous prices for 22 LR ammo/

Edited by uzitiger
  • Like 1

Big Brown Santa came today yeeha! No more crappy unreliable Remington BS or that weak & stinky Eley Sport ammo I've been having to wade through... at least not for awhile. I can shoot that crap through my Ruger Super Single Six gun and actually enjoy shooting the Krinker Plinker and Kimber again. Gonna be keeping an eye on Cabellas from now on too. Thanks for the heads up OP! I'll post one too if I see any in stock again.

post-1293-0-29843800-1380570570_thumb.jpg

Big Brown Santa came today yeeha! No more crappy unreliable Remington BS or that weak & stinky Eley Sport ammo I've been having to wade through... at least not for awhile. I can shoot that crap through my Ruger Super Single Six gun and actually enjoy shooting the Krinker Plinker and Kimber again. Gonna be keeping an eye on Cabellas from now on too. Thanks for the heads up OP! I'll post one too if I see any in stock again.

attachicon.gifAmmo!.jpg

No problem at all.  It's nice to be able to pay you guys back a little for all the great info I've gleaned from this site.

• Like 1

This is no reflection on any one just a general observation.

We have been preaching for many years to prepare for hard times. Although this little microcosm of a shortage is not really life threatening it is a warning.

Those who have prepared have long been troubled by what to do when we find ourselves vindicated and supplied when a shortage occurs and those whom did not prepare ask honorably or even demand help. 

There is a real lesson here. The mind must be prepared also.

All I can say is we hope the lesson is learned now.

In my case, and you SHOULD level your argument at me, and my lesson HAS been learned. Generally speaking, I'm "new" to the GOA/NRA and S-12 forum. The advice you guys have been giving for years didn't catch me until about 10/2012. My pants won't be caught down again...

Fortunately, we have a good community that will step up and help others in need out. Despite my short coming and foolish level of preparedness, I think that's what its all about in the end. Helping friends and neighbors through hard times and building a real community.

A stranger 600 miles away just helped me out because I simply asked for the help... If all of society ran this way, we wouldn't need a government at all. All for one, one for all!

That said, I'm still willing to come off of a bit of what I have to help someone else. That is what community is about and I'm damn proud to be part of this one!