Will you get a next gen game console this year?

PS4, Xbox 1, or stick with what you have?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Will you get a next gen console this year?

• Playstation 4 this year
    • XBox One this year
    • PS4 sometime in the future
    • XBox 1 sometime in the future
    • PC or die
    • Games are for children

Never had a game console nor would I know what to do with it.

Got a deal with my 11yr old son, 3.0 GPA or better or the WEE ( yes I know how to spell it ) becomes a target for his .22 at Christmas break.

Home schooled up to this year. Started private school and he's struggling a little with the structure of classroom environment. That little black piece of plastic and electronics seems to be a very powerful motivating force. I don't get the attraction but whatever.

I've been gaming on the PC since before we had color monitors.

I enjoy combat flight simulators more than anything else and consoles just can't compete.

Why buy a gaming box? You can't upgrade components and you are restricted by what the manufacturer will let you play and do with it.

I've never been a fan of proprietary "setups". They limit your freedom.

I do have an Ipod Touch but, it's jailbroken.

My son has been on XBox forever. You could stack all his obsolete $60 games to the ceiling.

Gaming is really a fruitless hobby. You may make new friends but, that's about the only benefit.

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 1

None!!!  Ill wait for the PS4 until it is under $100.  I love the PS3 im playing, but my buddy can have it back whenever he wants it.  If he lends me his PS4 in a year or two, thats cool.  

By the time I feel the price of a gaming system is fair, the next new thing is right around the corner.

I used to play xbox 360, now I understand why all the PC gamers made fun of me/it. After I put a GTX770 in the machine, the xbox went to the range with me one day and didn't come home. It was quite satisfying. No more of this proprietary console garbage for me ever again. Also, never going to purchase an EA product again.

• Like 1

We used to own allot of Microsoft stock so I had a vested interest in seeing the Xbox make alot of money for the company.

Honestly, we doubled our money, sold it all, and now I don't care.

My advice.... stay away from the big stock firms. They never made us any money but, they did charge big fees. Bastards. About $100 per transaction and that only happened once, for us. The payout justified the one-time fee and we closed the account.

Edited by Sim_Player

I plan to get one, and have a reserve on the ps4, but am still torn on which i am wanting. It is silly that we have not seen much concrete info on something we are dropping hundreds of dollars on. Hopefully some solid video previews drop inthe next few weeks.

I'm old enough that this was my first console:

post-4831-0-79783600-1380035672_thumb.jpg

After PCs hit the market I had a trash 80 that I played Wizardry and Ultima on.

I was strictly a PC gamer from the early 80s to 2009 when my (then) wife bought a used PS3 and a pile of games.  It included several shooters and I quickly became hooked.

We divorced shortly after that and I bought a PS3 to play the games I already had.

I don't buy new games until the price drops under $30.  I don't care that I'm 6 months behind, and I don't play online.

I will get a PS4 in a couple of years when the PS3 game pipeline drys up.

No backwards compatibility is a major turn off for me. Microsoft is terrible with higher than 33% failure rate, I've left my ps2 and ps3 on for weeks at a time without a hiccup. But my elite 360 had an hdmi failure that was fixed, has had problems reading discs, and now is a dust collector.

No backwards compatibility is a major turn off for me. Microsoft is terrible with higher than 33% failure rate, I've left my ps2 and ps3 on for weeks at a time without a hiccup. But my elite 360 had an hdmi failure that was fixed, has had problems reading discs, and now is a dust collector.

I went through 3 xbox 360 elites. All under warranty though so they replaced em. Currently have a gears edition 360 and I haven't had any problems with it yet

Probably not.. Maybe update the PC so that it can play BF4, since BF3 is all I ever play any more.

With a son due around Jan 19th, probably won't have a whole lot of time to play games.

I've had a 360 for years and I never, ever play it, so I couldn't care less about the new one.

Honestly a lot of the time when I want to play games, I feel like playing a lot of the games I played when I was a kid. I still break out the NES/SNES/N64 emulators and play those games, as well as playing old DOS games.

I regret selling my old ultimate DOS gaming rig... AMD 5x86 (just a really fast 486) OCed to 160MHz, 2GB HD, 64MB RAM, and Diamond Stealth64 VLB 4MB VRAM... Wow we've come a long way. Some of those games just don't run right or even have the same feel when played on an emulator.

Edited by mancat

I have the 1st gen PS2 and rarely play it! Once every 6 months or so when I am bored and have a bit of free time! usually I have other things to do that take priority.

Besides, what most folks have $ wise in their games = another firearm to me!

Priorities!

I've been gaming on the PC since before we had color monitors.

Gaming is really a fruitless hobby. You may make new friends but, that's about the only benefit.

digit! i do enjoy some flying sims. i have a license and it does feel pretty similiar.

hand eye coordination hello!

but ya, mostly a waste of time...

as far as the poll, i didnt vote, i will prob take one on a gun trade at a huge loss for the other guy, so it just depends on who is first... i dont care about motion controls, i care about good games...halo im kinda over, and destiny is gonna be on both? borderlands 3 will be on both... if the 1 wasnt the Big Brother Box i woulda been sold on it, now, not so much..

In the end, most of what we do in our lives is a "waste of time" to somebody.

If you're watching a TV show or a movie, listening to music, reading a book, going for a long drive.  All wastes of time in somebody's eyes.

And maybe the biggest waste of time in the history of the universe...  reading and posting on internet forums.  But nothing compares to that time sucking black hole of facebook.

• Like 2

If you're watching a TV show or a movie, listening to music, reading a book, going for a long drive.  All wastes of time in somebody's eyes.

And maybe the biggest waste of time in the history of the universe...  reading and posting on internet forums.  But nothing compares to that time sucking black hole of facebook.

This is spot on. If there were a choice for indifference I woulda chosen that. I had the original Nintendo back in the early 80's but started workin when I was 11 and never looked back. I don't think games are silly, just not my thing. My wife bought me one a few years back. I played with it for 2 days then put it back in the box, eventually gave it away.

Honestly ive been too busy buying ammo, mags, and accessories for my guns that its gonna take me awhile to even consider a new console. I used to play xbox360 a shitload but in the last two years or so almost all disposable income has gone to this new and more satisfying hobby. Ill have to admit alot of it stems from the fact that i work so much and am so busy when at home i cant keep up with the people who have boatloads of free time and can max out their characters before i can even begin a game. After a bit of that i got fed up.

That is some pretty insightful thinking.  We all find ways to "waste time".