Magpul AK grip

Yes it will, but make sure there is no one around that is offended by excessive cursing when you try and remove the grip screw. They are staked into the nut, and are a little tough to remove. A well fitting screw driver (appropriately sized for machine screws), large enough to get plenty of leverage, will save you a lot of aggravation...

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=526&q=magpul+ak+grip&oq=Magpul+ak&gs_l=img.1.2.0l10.3916.9899.0.13944.9.8.0.1.1.0.115.617.7j1.8.0....0...1ac.1.27.img..0.9.644.k4CJig8_So4#imgdii=_

Edited by 7.62m43
  • Like 1

I removed the stock grip in about 20 minutes with minimal effort. I had to be creative since I have a jacked up shoulder. Here is what worked for me.

I got my took kit and drill out. Chose the widest and thickest flat head bit that would fit into the slot head on the factory bit. Instead of using the long drive attachment and creating extra distance i used the 1/4" socket driver which fits the bits pretty well and is short enough to minimize the distance between the bit and drill. This essentially negated any chance of wobble. I turned it to the highest torque setting and SLOWLY!!!! began to back the screw out. After a rotation or two (or when the bit slipped off) I would stop, reposition the bit, and slowly begin to back it out again. What also helped was pressing the body of the drill against my rib cage, which gave it stability. doing this before I began to turn negated any jumping of the drill. 

My bolt was what I would consider heavily "staked". Using an eye measurement I would say at least a 3/16" divot inside the screw. It caused heavy drag throughout the entire unscrewing process, but the drill did a good job. Did not even appear to damage the factory grip nut. I may try to reuse it to see if it did or not. 

I will certainly do that. I like the factory grip, but need some good old 922 parts and had some spare amazon cash so went for it. At $15 it will not be a total loss if i hate it.bshould be here in a couple days i hope. Thanks again for the help.

• Like 1

Yes it will, but make sure there is no one around that is offended by excessive cursing when you try and remove the grip screw. They are staked into the nut, and are a little tough to remove. A well fitting screw driver (appropriately sized for machine screws), large enough to get plenty of leverage, will save you a lot of aggravation...

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=526&q=magpul+ak+grip&oq=Magpul+ak&gs_l=img.1.2.0l10.3916.9899.0.13944.9.8.0.1.1.0.115.617.7j1.8.0....0...1ac.1.27.img..0.9.644.k4CJig8_So4#imgdii=_

Yep, had to use an impact driver to remove mine most of the way. Ended up stripping the screw head so I counter drilled the nut to finally get that fucker off there. Now I need a new grip nut and screw anger.gif

Let me know how you like the Magpul grip. I was going to use a MD Arms grip (US made Molot style), and there are none to be found ANYWHERE!

I ordered all of my fine & cheap MD Arms grips straight from the man himself, Mike Davidson  - MD Arms.  www dot mdarms dot com.  I ordered some recently & it appears they have all colors in stock now.

Let me know how you like the Magpul grip. I was going to use a MD Arms grip (US made Molot style), and there are none to be found ANYWHERE!

I ordered all of my fine & cheap MD Arms grips straight from the man himself, Mike Davidson  - MD Arms.  www dot mdarms dot com.  I ordered some recently & it appears they have all colors in stock now.

I was on this site a couple of days ago, and there were no black ones in stock!

I am going to place an order tonight!

I figured i would give it a shot. Meets 922 reqirements and it was cheap enough ($16) that if i do not like it i did not go broke. Using the grip cores is the positive i like the most. A CR123 core lets me keep spare flashlight batteries airtight and waterproof, and more importantly not adding weight to my aready super heavy front end. Between the Chaos quad, warthog, porkypine, and flashlight, i would rather put batteries elsewhere.

I like my porkypine. I served my time in the Army and as a cop and had service weapons, now I like all my guns to look cool. At 5'11" and 235 lbs. weight is not really a huge concern for me. If I have to worry how heavy a gun is I can just start unscrewing thing cause shit got really real :-)

Until then I will stick with tacticool. Alos, if it were not for people like me to have stupid cool looking guns what would mad max carry into thunderdome?

I like my porkypine. I served my time in the Army and as a cop and had service weapons, now I like all my guns to look cool. At 5'11" and 235 lbs. weight is not really a huge concern for me. If I have to worry how heavy a gun is I can just start unscrewing thing cause shit got really real :-)

Until then I will stick with tacticool. Alos, if it were not for people like me to have stupid cool looking guns what would mad max carry into thunderdome?

Hells yeah! I wouldn't want to get stuck with that hotdog sticker!

But now my battery powered chainsaw bayonet is the shit. super_man.gif

IS IT US MADE????? My Chaos quad rail needs one of those mounted on each side (balance and all). If they do not already have picatinny rails on them can you make sure mine do so that I can mount stuff to them also :-)

I may have to develop a grip core that holds spare gas in case my chainsaws run out. 

Edited by menace667
  • 4 weeks later...

WTF!?!

The most commonly changed personalized component on a tactical weapon is the grip and they try to make it impossible to remove it by staking the nut!?!  мать ублюдок (keeping it clean in English but you can translate it on google translate...)

Finally got it off and installed my Kellan grip with wireless tactical light installed in the Mako Fab 2 bipod foregrip with integrated light holder.  That combined with the Chaos Quad Rail, Porkypine and Warthog makes for a menacing looking EBW. super_man.gif