What is available in USA

These Saigas look interesting, a few questions for you guys.

I see that Izhmash offers all 3 shotguns in six configurations.

My question(s) to you are:

(1) Is the quick detachable butt and pistol grip model available and legal to purchase in the USA?

(2) Same for the EXP-01 with folded butt

(3) Same for the "K" series

(4) What is the "Paradox" muzzle about?

Thanks, My experience with long guns has been the M16, M79, M60, and M14 .. other than that I don't know much about shotgunin .. the M stuff was all street legal in Nam

Ok thanks .. is there a modification available in the states to convert to a quick detachable butt and pistol grip model?

These Saigas look interesting, a few questions for you guys.

I see that Izhmash offers all 3 shotguns in six configurations.

My question(s) to you are:

(1) Is the quick detachable butt and pistol grip model available and legal to purchase in the USA?

(2) Same for the EXP-01 with folded butt

(3) Same for the "K" series

(4) What is the "Paradox" muzzle about?

Thanks, My experience with long guns has been the M16, M79, M60, and M14 .. other than that I don't know much about shotgunin .. the M stuff was all street legal in Nam

Ok thanks .. is there a modification available in the states to convert to a quick detachable butt and pistol grip model?

I havent seen any...but sounds kinda cool.

I dont see why it would be illegal to have a quick detach butt-stock or pistol grip....am I missing something?

Edited by Lonestar

Yeah, sorry. Showing my ignorance about the Paradox chokes there. You might not want to rely too heavily on information from some random guy (me) on an internet forum! :-)

Anyway, the detachable pistol grip model would be illegal to import, and thus illegal to construct in the States UNLESS you used enough U.S. made parts in the gun for it to no longer count as an "imported" weapon.

Basically, it would be tough to find a QUICK detachable version, but you can certainly get pistol grips that interchange with the original buttstock. You just have to throw a couple of specific US parts in to maintain legality when the weapon is pistol-gripped.

I guess that would work,is there a mod kit available to do the conversion one time and not have to nickle and dime it?

If so would you know where I can find it?

Thanks

101 .. Ashau Valley

Yeah, sorry. Showing my ignorance about the Paradox chokes there. You might not want to rely too heavily on information from some random guy (me) on an internet forum! :-)

Anyway, the detachable pistol grip model would be illegal to import, and thus illegal to construct in the States UNLESS you used enough U.S. made parts in the gun for it to no longer count as an "imported" weapon.

Basically, it would be tough to find a QUICK detachable version, but you can certainly get pistol grips that interchange with the original buttstock. You just have to throw a couple of specific US parts in to maintain legality when the weapon is pistol-gripped.

No real mod kit out there, problem is if you stick a pistol grip on the back by itself, what parts do you make US? Their are no triggers or mags made in the US which means you have to get creative and come up with things like a front handguard, magazine floorplate, etc...