G/F wanted to try the S308

Took my g/f to the range when I was breaking in my Sheild, and she did freaking awesome.  She was nailing head shots on the steel targets and making 8/10 shots on target with the sr22 pistol.  A little scary, but at least she's on my side and got my back greedy.gif   After building her confidence to an all time high, she wanted to try the S308.  She said enough of that, and then went and shot another 500rds of 22.   I think she likes it.super_man.gif   Other than unknowingly emptying a full mag of critical defense .40 on steel targets, it was a pretty good day.

Edited by BeatTheTunaUp
  • Like 1

I've been looking into breaks and prices the tools to do it myself.   Planned on just reaming out the fsb to move it back over the thicker part of the barrel, and I've seen people ream out an ak74 fsb and use the built in threads on the end of it.   If I move my own fsb back and thread the barrel, what pitch thread is used for the s308 barrel?

TUNA,

SO, YOUR MUZZLE IS NOT THREADED?

IF SO, I'D CHECK WITH SOMEONE WITH EXPERTISE IN THIS, LIKE TONY RUMORE OF TROMIX AS TO HOW TO PROCEED.

MY VEPR 'X54R IS THREADED 14X1LH, THE COMMON AK THREAD.

THERE ARE SEVERAL VERSIONS OF THE FSC, WITH DIFFERENT DIAMETERS AND THREADS, IF THE 14X1LH VERSION ISN'T COMPATABLE.

JESS1344

Great job Tuna.  Screw the .40 CD, it can be replaced, a girl that wants to shoot can not.

Yes get a break that works and minimizes back blast/felt overpressure and sound to help her out and if you don't happen to have one already, a nice gummy rubber recoil pad for her.  Minimize her felt recoil and overpressure and you may just have to peel her away from the rifle against her wishes.  lol  biggrin.png

I try to help female shooters anyway I can as a single guy because frankly, there just aren't as many as a single guy would like and we need to change that.

I hope her interest continues for you.  smile.png

Edited by ShadowFire