Bho problems

The tab of the BHO is up into the receiver?  If so, it must have been trimmed to go flush with the receiver in the up position.  If you can see it, you can use something like Jet said, and move it over to the slot again.  If it somehow has gotten wedged to the side of the bolt carrier, (which I don't know is possible) you could spray some WD40 in there and pull back and forth on the bolt to see if it will drop back down.

If it is not actually locking the bolt but is somehow wedged, you should be able to force the bolt forward enough to get the dust cover off.

If none of that works, you could bend a wire and fish it into the space around your trigger, or take off your PG and go thru that opening to push it back in line with the slot.

Then you should install a new one with a full length tab

Apparently the BHO has tipped because the hammer has been ground too narrow. The hammer keeps the BHO vertical against the side of the receiver.

The BHO has tipped and slid out from under the rail and is trapping the bolt and rear cover.

You can try and move it with probes into the correct positon or you can force the cover off using a big screwdriver.

Don't ask me how I know. Just don't destroy the receiver cover as they are hard to repair or replace.

Good luck in your quest. Castalia, who was lucky enough to not detroy his Saiga. I had to order another trigger group and fit the new one correctly to cure the problem.

Edited by Castalia

Apparently the BHO has tipped because the hammer has been ground too narrow. The hammer keeps the BHO vertical against the side of the receiver.

The BHO has tipped and slid out from under the rail and is trapping the bolt and rear cover.

You can try and move it with probes into the correct positon or you can force the cover off using a big screwdriver.

Don't ask me how I know. Just don't destroy the receiver cover as they are hard to repair or replace.

Good luck in your quest. Castalia, who was lucky enough to not detroy his Saiga. I had to order another trigger group and fit the new one correctly to cure the problem.

OP should get a washer and put it between the hammer axis and the BHO to fill up that gap. It will be a nuisance to get in, but once in it can stay there. This should eliminate any chance of the problem in the future. The right leg of the  hammer spring should be bent to the right too. this will help hold the BHO under the rail, and will prevent another type of jam that can occur if the spring floats off of it's intended position to the left.

Alternatively, he could get a piece of sheet metal and file it to the desired thicness and drill a hole. If he leaves a little tab on the side, it will be easier to hold in place while installing. Don't make the tab long enough to swivel around and reach the carrier.

Edited by GunFun