I went to the WalMart in west Topeka this morning about 6:00a to see about their ammo situation, because I knew I could get back to get whatever I needed if they had anything of use, .45, 9mm, .380 or maybe some 12ga. Out in the aisle, they had the Winchester that I stocked up on back on the shelves in the different flavors I already had,  23/4" in #2s, 4s, etc. all 1550 velocity, which last time I bought it in February was going for almost $7.00 a box of 25. I always picked up a couple to keep the economy running. Today that same box is now $11.57. I already had the cat food and decided I would wait until next weekend to see if it might be a price mistake. I don't mind you making a profit, but I'm not putting all your kids through college. Also two days ago I get their weekly sale ad and here is one I didn't almost believe. WTF???

After Sam died, they couldn't jump into bed fast enough with the commies and every Latin American sweat shop. A lot of nerve, since I try to look for the flag label and there aren't too many in WM. I wonder who had the life altering experience or conscience cleansing?

post-36534-0-77154600-1380473240_thumb.png

post-36534-0-49396000-1380473305_thumb.png

Everything is more expensive, look at food prices.

Even though you aren't buying the ammo at that price, plenty of other people are.

Walmart doesn't care if you specifically buy anything or not.

They market to the masses and they are good at it.

They are pricing their ammo a bit higher to match market demands.

If you need the ammo, buy it.

If you don't need it, then don't buy it.

I'm not running to the defense of Walmart, just trying to be realistic about the situation.

• Like 1

Prices respond to market pressures. Ammo costs from the manufacturers and importers have gone up. I doubt wal-mart has done much to tweak their margins - they're probably marking up their ammo just about as much as ever.

• Like 1

Boy, will I remember not to bitch about 12ga ammo prices jumping $4 in five months. If it had been .22  ammo, which WM doesn't have, it would have been an acceptable rant, right? 12ga out here didn't dry up like the other calibers and I thought the box of .380 yesterday at $45 was acceptable based on internet prices. My shotguns operate on 12ga and I love shooting my.22s, but will one of you explain the double standard please?  If there was a 65% mark up on beer, booze, and petroleum products in five months, even with market and climactic changes, would I find that a non-bitchable increase and most would agree. I have been reading all along that people hording is the reason for the shortages and I agree, since I used to see the same guys at WM every morning forming a line (when I was on medical leave). A great man once said "does raising the price eliminate the shortage?" I'll afford one box of shells compared to two, but I don't have to like it.

• Like 1

I believe your beef with ammo prices is driven by the Leftist in the White House not Walmart IMHO. I'm just I'm sick and tired of the bed-wetting liberals pissing and moaning about Walmart. It is what it is. I would suggest visiting your local maw and paw gun store that is barely getting buy and toss a few coins their way. This is not a shot at the OP, but simply a rant on my part.

http://theunbrokenwindow.com/old_site/11-03-05_walmart.pdf

I got a 150 round pack of AE 5.56 the other day and when I was in WM today was already sold out on all 8 boxes that had been left. All the CCI .22lr that had come in was off the shelves too. Picked myself up a few boxes to try, not of necessity but since they had it and it was something I haven't tried in my .22 I'll give it a shot. WM pricing isn't going to change anytime soon, since the environment for gun purchases hasn't really changed much. Just look at the facts, there is a high demand, the Gov is still foaming at the mouth to get a ban passed. It isn't going to get cheaper until the inflation, demand and fear of bans subsides. If you don't already have enough saved, it's unfortunate. This is what the government wants you to be suffering through though

North Topeka Walmart puts out their ammo between 8 and 8:30am, 3 box limit. Came from the range, around 11:00 am, been shooting a couple 45's, was there last week on a Wed. Pleasantly surprised. Picked up some Winchester 22 $4.30/50rds and a 100rd box of 45acp $42 before tax, that replace what had used at the range. Been around $30 per 50rds at most local shops. Best deals on line for 45acp is $45 or better per 100+ shipping. Heck the 7.5/8shot Federal 12 guage 100rd bulk was down $4 from the month before. Only a couple bucks more than before the Dec/Jan crazy time. Got my reserves, just shoot what I can replace.

I have not seen any 22lr at my walmart for many, many months.  I can get tula x39 for 5.17 per 20 though.  Its only gone up by 20cents, so I keep buying it three boxes at a time, day by day.

Edited by Boomsick42

I have not seen any 22lr at my walmart for many, many months.  I can get tula x39 for 5.17 per 20 though.  Its only gone up by 20cents, so I keep buying it three boxes at a time, day by day.

so i did good then? thought it was kinda pricey, but hadnt seen any in awhile.

It's amazing how fast people forget how things happen. The nazi fucks were printing money as fast as possible. They took the gold and silver our of their currency and traded it to other countries for military supplies. They blamed their problems on a group of people and then the rest of the world had enough. Some saved up with bullets, gold, silver, food, textiles and cattle. The others used fiat currency with no backing for fuel.

post-24315-0-79694500-1380552045.jpg

Edited by Stryker0946

The more money they print, the higher the price! 

Ding! Ding! Ding!

We have a Winner!

Every day your dollars are worth less than the day before because when the supply of dollars goes up with no increase in real value, it devalues  every dollar.

My policy is to trade every dollar I get for something of real value as fast as I can.  A day will come soon when a $10 can of soup will seem like a bargain.

Edited by Darth Saigus

The second to the closest WalMart near me just started selling guns again. It has been years that a WalMart near me has sold guns. (Illinois) Also, their ammo shelves where full. Amazing. The closest WalMart to me, hasn't sold guns for years and the ammo shelves are near empty most of the time.