4 National Championship, AWARDS Shooting MKA 1919's

TITLE EDITED, FOR CLAIRITY

Just got back from the  Brownells U.S. Three Gun Amateur & Junior Championships

4 of the TOP 5 places in Open Class over all won by guns built by Tooth and Nail Armory smile.png

Class Finish      Over all finish in OPEN class     Over all MATCH finish according to total time

Joshua 2nd    A class Open                     2nd                                                     2nd

Matt      3rd     A class Open                     3rd                                                      7th??  I think

Jeremy  1st     B Class Open                    4th

Derek    2nd   B Class Open                    5th

h8g5.jpg

Big Thanks to Brownells

Edited by toothandnail
  • Like 2

I may be wrong, but I think, that is what amateur means.tinfoilhat.gif   laugh.png   3 of us were ALSO RO'ing(roving RO's) as well as shooting, which worked ALOT better than I thought it would.  Thanks to the MD, and how the stages were designed.

Nick Kalishek  won, using an X rail

The Saiga's didn't fare to well, I know the one guy couldn't believe we were shooting 1145 FPS, said his (big name $45xx.xx) Saiga wouldn"t run anything LESS than 1350's, didn't run them too well, from what his squad mates said. We talked to him for a while before the match, I didn't even tell him that our MKA's were only $1800.00, after he said what the Saiga cost. 

I FULLY realize it was just, as likely the shooter, as the gun, we've been down that road as well.

I'll run you head to head at any match you want to shoot.  My Saiga against your MKA 1919 for $1000.00 winner take all.

What do you say???  Put your money where your mouth is.  Me against you or one of your National Champions.

I will be out of town for the next week, but you set it up and I will be there!!!!

Regards,

Jack Travers

JT Engineering

PS:  How can a 2nd and 3rd Place finish be a National Champ?  Was this a match where everyone got a hug and a trophy?

I'll run you head to head at any match you want to shoot.  My Saiga against your MKA 1919 for $1000.00 winner take all.

What do you say???  Put your money where your mouth is.  Me against you or one of your National Champions.

I will be out of town for the next week, but you set it up and I will be there!!!!

Regards,

Jack Travers

JT Engineering

PS:  How can a 2nd and 3rd Place finish be a National Champ?  Was this a match where everyone got a hug and a trophy?

I'm not really sure where the personal attack came from as I have never met nor dealt with you in the past. I said nothing about our guns being better than any other out on the market. The saiga's at this match had some issues. If you read my post I stated "I FULLY realize it was just, as likely the shooter, as the gun, we've been down that road as well." I'm not really sure how you get off on attacking someone else's success. Each to his own I guess.

I believe you are missing the point of having an Amateur National. The whole point of this match was to give the newer shooters a shot at a title. Thus the reason for Lewis Class scoring. We shot and RO'ed the match because we love and support the sport and will continue to do so in the future.

Regards,

Jack Travers

JT Engineering

You have to wonder about some of the posts by business owners or representatives - do they think this will boost their business? Any thought that it could be dentrimental?

Regards,

Jack Travers

JT Engineering

I'm not really sure where the personal attack came from as I have never met nor dealt with you in the past. I said nothing about our guns being better than any other out on the market. The saiga's at this match had some issues. If you read my post I stated "I FULLY realize it was just, as likely the shooter, as the gun, we've been down that road as well." I'm not really sure how you get off on attacking someone else's success. Each to his own I guess.

I believe you are missing the point of having an Amateur National. The whole point of this match was to give the newer shooters a shot at a title. Thus the reason for Lewis Class scoring. We shot and RO'ed the match because we love and support the sport and will continue to do so in the future.

There is no personal attack, just a challenge.  Either put up or shut up.

Jack

Also, only the 1st place in each class was to be awarded a "National Champion" award, not for 2nd or 3rd place finishes.  Just curious how you can have four (4) National Champions.

I know how the scoring works, been doing this for a long time. 

Shooting is what I do for a living and I don't like to see it being exploited for someone's personal gain.

Jack

Must be a slow business day in Louisiana.

These guy's have done alot of good for "MKA Owners"...they enjoy the sport and are proud they did well in this competition.

What motivated you to strike out at them is beyond me.

By the way, I don't even own any of their products...nothing personal there, just went a different direction.  I just got a bad taste in my mouth about your post.

If you want to do an ALL shotgun match...come on down to Florida in Feb., there is a Super Shotgun match held by WAC.  93 bird, 28 slugs, 14 buckshot, it's alot of fun too.

Edited by compshootfl

I know the quality of JT's work is exemplary, and for many years his contributions to the forums, the sport, and his development on the Saiga platform has been outstanding. His guns have been in the hands of real national champions for a long long time. Also, I know JT's character as a person and a professional is beyond reproach. So if he felt the need to post something here I'm sure there was a damn good justification.

On another note, placing 2nd through 5th in a match with 10 competitors in your division isn't really something to boast about. Just thought I'd throw that out there...

http://amateur3gunnationals.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/A3GN_Open_Scores.pdf

On yet another note, JT, Matt, if you want to do this challenge I have the perfect venue. The World 3-Gun Championships are being held at the NRA Whittington Center Aug 5-10, 2014.  I know that already there are multiple teams signed up from Europe that will be coming, so this will be a real championship with all the big dogs. It will test not only your skill, but it will surely test the quality of your equipment as well. Actually, let's do this, Matt you and JT have your challenge, and I'll pit myself against Josh.

• Like 1

Ooooooooooooo it's progressed from battle between Saiga and Akdal, now it's escalated in to battle of the Armorers as well.

Having just joined the sport and placed 7 in my last tournament I still felt like a champion and can relate to Matts excitement at their great success.

And as Matt said it was likely the shooter and not the gun

But, saying that I will wager $20 on Matt's team :-)

Edited by steveUK

We shot at the Amateur 3 Gun Nationals because the range is 1.5 hours away and the MD is a great guy. We shoot the monthly matches at that range as well. 2nd through 5th in a division with 10 competitors is not a huge accomplishment but it is still an accomplishment. Joshua shooting 2nd over all in a match with 93 shooters is a much bigger accomplishment. Division scores may not be big but overall finish tells the real story. We shoot for the love of the game and the desire to do better, not a personal vendetta against one person. If someone is better than us we understand they got there through hard work and sacrifice. When we lose we push harder to do better next time. We would be more than happy to shoot along side you guys. Mainly because we want to see how we stack up. We are attending the 3 Gun Nation International Pro-Am at Rock Castle at the end of October so we can shoot with better shooters.

I agree and my hats off to your guys, but please, it is an injustice to the other people who shoot competition when you claim to have four (4) national champions when you actually have one (1) and congratulations to him.

I know the range you shoot at and I know Ken Flood who runs the major competitions as  I have shot up there numerous times for major competitions.

Just please keep it clean and honest and respect the sport.

Regards,

Jack Travers

Come to think of it, that was the last match I shot, which was sometime last year, at that range in Fayette, MO for the Midwest 3 Gun Championship. 

That is where I had to leave after the Third Stage, because I had lost the circulation to my lower right leg and had to go to the emergency room. 

Have had 14 surgeries since then and scheduled for another one in New Orleans tomorrow which might be the last (I hope), so you should have called me out for the competition since I am somewhat handicapped and can't run right now.rolleyes.gif

Jack

Also, only the 1st place in each class was to be awarded a "National Champion" award, not for 2nd or 3rd place finishes.  Just curious how you can have four (4) National Champions.

I know how the scoring works, been doing this for a long time. 

Shooting is what I do for a living and I don't like to see it being exploited for someone's personal gain.

Jack

My MISTAKE, the Original title read

4 national champIONSHIP AWARDS, Shooting MKA 1919's Built by us.

BUT it was too many characters, and cut it off in an odd place so I shortened it, without thorough proof reading.

IF you read the body of the post it IS spelled out CLEARLY , IMO.

Making PARTS for shooters, is what we do for a living, I WISH, I had the time AND/OR $$ to shoot for a living.

But I don't so, I'll keep making parts, and shooting when I can.

BTW , MANY of the guys we talked to shoot a match EVERY weekend, we shoot ONE major match a year, and 3-4 small matches.

So YEAH , we were well pleased with our showing, SORRY to offend the big boysunsure.png   .

JT - I see you are a business member. Curious as to how you believe this behavior is perceived? Will attacking someone on their post dissuade some from using your business? Or do you think coming on strong, hijacking a post will drive saiga customization orders?

Saw this about 4 months ago with another representative of a business member, and didn't see any posts from that person for a few months. So either they were told to lay low, or lost some business and finally understood the value of carefully managing PR and branding.

To change the direction and back to gun stuff:

Hey Matt,

Did you get your green gun running for this match??

At the last G3G match, where I was squadded with you guys, you had those stages where you had to rack it like a pump gun as it wouldn't cycle.

Any luck???

Yes, it was the feed lips on the mag, MAYBE it got smacked when packing for the match ? , I don't know how, but a little tweaking of the lips , it has run close to 400 rounds without a single failure in testing since then. And 120? or so at this match.

This match was flawless with the SG, & rifle, had one stage where my pistol had 2, CLICKS , funny how LOUD that is.

I couldn't find the ejected rounds (factory ammo) so I'm not sure what happened there, Twice in one mag , about 4-5 rounds apart, finished the match with no further problems

Yes, it was the feed lips on the mag, MAYBE it got smacked when packing for the match ? , I don't know how, but a little tweaking of the lips , it has run close to 400 rounds without a single failure in testing since then. And 120? or so at this match.

This match was flawless with the SG, & rifle, had one stage where my pistol had 2, CLICKS , funny how LOUD that is.

I couldn't find the ejected rounds (factory ammo) so I'm not sure what happened there, Twice in one mag , about 4-5 rounds apart, finished the match with no further problems

Oh, OK glad it ran this last match.

I had thought you said it was a gas thing or something as it didn't seem to be ejecting.

At least it wasn't a pump gun this last weekend!!!022.gif

Congrats to T&N for taking the "high-road" in this conversation!

Business members need to realize that common everyday readers of this forum remember aggressize business members for concern that they don't want to have to deal with a personality issue.  Do customers get told to "put up or shut up"?

On another note, placing 2nd through 5th in a match with 10 competitors in your division isn't really something to boast about. Just thought I'd throw that out there...

http://amateur3gunnationals.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/A3GN_Open_Scores.pdf

Take a look at who won, and by how much (total time) , then take a look and other matches HE"S won, and the difference between him and second place. MANY are about the same margin.

He beats JERRY in open as well, so belittle all you want.  I think we did GREAT, we'll see how Rock Castle shakes out.

BTW: all of YOU had the same oppertunity to enter as we did.  We also shot AND RO'd at the CMMG spring match as well, which if you haven't, it's MUCH harder. Just like when I used to race, and run the track, officate the race at the same time.  Too many distractions, but we put the SPORT ahead of our finishes.

As with most sports the MENTAL preparedness plays a LARGE part.

What's that quote , this game is 100% physical, the other half is mental .  or something like that.

Oh, OK glad it ran this last match.

I had thought you said it was a gas thing or something as it didn't seem to be ejecting.

At least it wasn't a pump gun this last weekend!!!022.gif

That's what we initially thought, I had just run a bunch of rounds through it AFTER installing the comp, no problems, then at the match booo.gif  I switched to 1300's  which seemed to help on the last 2 stages, with hardly any SG targets. She runs 100% on, 1145's with the comp, now 

I should add the SG was flawless , I however was NOT, stage 7 , I had one target fall on the stand( I saw it go down as I was moving on, just never looked back) +10

Stage 8 , Despite having RO'd basically the EXACT stage at the CMMG spring match, AND counting outloud the targets as they fell , I totally skipped one. +15

OUCH!