Kalashnikov Saiga MK-107, think we will see it stateside?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/09/24/on-kalashnikov-saiga-mk-107-vs-ar-15/

The Kalashnikov Saiga MK-17, the first ever civilian version of the rare balanced recoil AK-107, is set to go on sale in Europe next year. For years we have speculated on how well a balanced recoil system will work in the real world and so I cannot wait to get my hands on one and find out for myself. The first video of the MK-107 “in the wild” has just been posted on Youtube. It shows two Russian competition shooters shooting the MK-107 and the AR-15 side by side. In this (very unscientific) test the MK-107 appears to handle the recoil better.

What do y'all think the chances are that we will ever see one of these in the US?

I just think the 9mm AK is cool and i like shooting my 9mm AR so much, a 9mm AK would be even more enjoyable.

I honestly don't think we will see very many of the new Saiga rifles coming in because of political situations and the goons seeking a ban on anything and everything.. I hope I'm wrong and we get to see the balanced recoil system, along with anything else they come out with.

With .223 recoil being so low anyway, i wonder how it would do with this recoil system.

5.45 and 5.56 recoil out of a semi auto weapon is so insignificant that it wouldn't justify the added weight.

It would help a little on burst or full auto but not much.

It's a cool system and I think we will see them imported next year.

We will see them used against us by commies on our soil in the next 20 years.

• Like 1

Id love to see all thats available from russia available here, but if i had to choose id be hoping for the ak-12 and the saiga 9mm before the mk-107. That being said, if the mk-107 hits the shores in 7.62x39 id buy it and wait for the ak-12 variant for civilians to get here.

5.45 and 5.56 recoil out of a semi auto weapon is so insignificant that it wouldn't justify the added weight.

With the right trigger job and some practice, you'd be surprised how much benefit it would be worth on a semi auto.

With the right trigger job and some practice, you'd be surprised how much benefit it would be worth on a semi auto.

I was issued an a2 at first, an old guard unit I was training had the A1. Anybody who knows how to shoot can manage a 5.56. The 5.54 automatics I have shot were equally as pussy in the recoil department. Posture, standing sand and a decent compensator make this system kinda silly considering the added weight. Not a big deal if you are on the range or running 3 guns. A big deal when your feet are blistered and you have a few clicks to go.