side by side comparison of T&N and Firebird handguard

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I assure you Katt, he didn't need any help digging this grave.

This is all getting out of hand

Jim,   We will continue to send customers your way for services we do not offer as we have been doing since we started. I hope this will be the beginning of a good business relationship from now on.

Posted Images

I think I said pat pending,, I will go look,  either way , I was not being dishonest in any way!

I will accept, and stand by my previous offer.

I hope this leads to a more civil tone by all involved.

Jim Lambert

Matt

Please make a small clearence cut in the top of your handguard,, and that will be put to bed also.

Jim

But beware of this environment as a place of business as you can see.

Your welcome take your unprofessionalism elsewhere.

Matt can be friendly after you attempted to trash his reputation, but you can take a hike as far as many of us are concerned.

I didnt trash anything.

And you are quite welcome  to take your business where ever you like.

But you are not going to do anyone any good by trying to keep this inflamed

Jim

And this forum is notorious for just this type stuff with lots of vendors

Hello

I knew you would chime in (he who has no name or accountability)

These are pictures taken directly from the T&N facebook page. I bet he takes it down

Note that they show EXACTLY!! what my picture reflects. so who is fooling who??

Feel free to zoom in (he who has no business tact and appears to be a patent troll). I don't know you from Steve. I don't understand why I'm singled out like that. I'm an MKA owner same as everyone else.

post-45064-0-85097800-1380846461_thumb.jpg

I am a little short on tact these dayslaugh.png

Just what is a patent troll021.gif  never heard the term

Must be one of those evil people who actually go to the trouble protect their property....like ALL industries do

I didnt single you out....You came here   to crap on me as usualrolleyes.gif

I call you man with no name, because thats what you choose to be

How does it feel hiding behind that keyboard?  all snuggely in there is it?021.gif

I am Jim Lambert and I approve this message020.gif

Why are you singled out?  Because you have nothing to offer except BS.  Jim did not rant or be an ass in his presentation.  Either you know where he is coming from our you don't.  If you don't have anything positive to offer then don't post.

I have been in the parts manufacturing business for many years and know what it takes to take an idea to a final part.

Then to have a competitor take the part to a production shop and copy it and call it their own.

Gets pretty frustrating and sometimes you just want to vent, and that is what Jim did.

Strange that Jim has been developing these parts for years and then all of a sudden another business shows up with the exact same parts, with no prior footprint in the industry, no development phase, but all of a sudden he has the exact same parts that Jim at Fire Bird and Tony at Tromix (Stock Adapter) have designed and manufactured.

There was no develomental stage or experience from the current company in question.  They have very little experience in the competition market in which they are marketing themselves.  So, where did all this expertise come from??

Easy, take an already proved product, copy it and call it your own!!

Happens all the time in this industry.

Jim Lambert is very well know in the Firearms Accessories Market and  well respected as an engineer and coming out with some  very inovative products.

How long as the other company been out there?  You figure it out.

I don't think he will miss the business from some of the shallow people on this fourm who won't buy his product because of his frustration with someone who pirated his parts.

It comes down to honesty, integrity and sticking to your values which Jim has done.

Edited by Open 3Gun

No problem!

It generally takes about two years of testing and development to bring a new fireams platform to the level that is required for reliability and performance in this industry.

I believe you have been doing it at least that long now, as I remember when you started on this venture.  I know there were problems with the magazines and don't know if you guys have resolved that issue yet.

My Benelli's are still my favorite competion/tactical shotgun, but  waiting to see how far you can take this new platorm and bring it into the forefront.

No one else will be able to do it, as they don't have your knowledge, experience and access to top level shooters in the US for the feed back necessary to build a top tier firearm.

Best of luck to you and Nancy!!

Take care!

Edited by Open 3Gun

Why are you singled out?  Because you have nothing to offer except BS.  Jim did not rant or be an ass in his presentation.  Either you know where he is coming from our you don't.  If you don't have anything positive to offer then don't post.

I have been in the parts manufacturing business for many years and know what it takes to take an idea to a final part.

Then to have a competitor take the part to a production shop and copy it and call it their own.

Gets pretty frustrating and sometimes you just want to vent, and that is what Jim did.

Strange that Jim has been developing these parts for years and then all of a sudden another business shows up with the exact same parts, with no prior footprint in the industry, no development phase, but all of a sudden he has the exact same parts that Jim at Fire Bird and Tony at Tromix (Stock Adapter) have designed and manufactured.

There was no develomental stage or experience from the current company in question.  They have very little experience in the competition market in which they are marketing themselves.  So, where did all this expertise come from??

Easy, take an already proved product, copy it and call it your own!!

Happens all the time in this industry.

Jim Lambert is very well know in the Firearms Accessories Market and  well respected as an engineer and coming out with some  very inovative products.

How long as the other company been out there?  You figure it out.

I don't think he will miss the business from some of the shallow people on this fourm who won't buy his product because of his frustration with someone who pirated his parts.

So I guess my son is a genuis, because he can "copy" and make, complete working part from a 2-D CAD representation off the internet. WOW!

Why? WHY?? did I just buy a new SUV????, shoulda just showed him a picture of one from the internet.

OP, you have NO IDEA, what me or my son has done in the past, and What difference does it make ? Our products and ideas stand on their own

We are bringing new, different ideas to the firearms market, I have built from scratch, and modified existing products all my life, starting over 40 years ago with tricycles & bicycles , moving on to motorcycles , three wheelers, 4 wheelers(ATV's) , all aspects of construction, from footers to finish cabinetry(never did HVAC) to custom ag equip.

Took a dump truck, turned it into a 4 wheel drive, 4 WHEEL STEER, fertilizer/lime 14 ton applicator,48-31-20 Super Terra Grip tires on all 4 corners. Designed it in my head, found all the parts, assembled it, it worked 100% from day ONE.

We built this, NO PLANS, NO DRAWINGS , NO PICTURES,(just in my head). CAD is much faster.  In a nutshell, it's to swap application bodies onto a power unit.

The equip mfg BRAGGED they could do it in 45 minutes with a crane operator and 2 men, we(2 men) could do it with OUR IDEA , in under 25 minutes, this pic was a test fit before it was completed. OP, this was built inside our shop piece by piece, taken out side then assembled( only Joshua and I)

dsc0262yi.jpg

So OP until you have at least a minimum idea of where we come from and what our skills are , MAYBE you should take your TWO posts and keep your mouth shut, til you know .

I am SO tired of ignorant people claiming we have copied others products, like there is only one person in this world that can have an idea, produce it, test it, market it.

98% plus of EVERYTHING we make in house, I also realize very few do this, which adds considerable time to the project, whether it's farmed out to China or in the same town.

I've WASTED enough of my time on this BS. 

We are going to make parts, let the school kids flame away.

I would have assumed that someone "in the know" would be privy to common vernacular. Consider yourself educated.

In particular:

"What is a patent troll?

A patent troll uses patents as legal weapons, instead of actually creating any new products or coming up with new ideas. Instead, trolls are in the business of litigation (or even just threatening litigation). They often buy up patents cheaply from companies down on their luck who are looking to monetize what resources they have left, such as patents. Unfortunately, the Patent Office has a habit of issuing patents for ideas that are neither new nor revolutionary, and these patents can be very broad, covering everyday or commonsense types of computing – things that should never have been patented in the first place. Armed with these overbroad and vague patents, the troll will then send out threatening letters to those they argue infringe their patent(s). These letters threaten legal action unless the alleged infringer agrees to pay a licensing fee, which can often range to the tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands of dollars."

https://www.eff.org/issues/resources-patent-troll-victims

wet_eyes.gifwet_eyes.gif  You ought to take the advice of your signature!!

Kind of weird that this account was just created on the 1st Oct. and all 4 post have been on this subject? You seem to have very extensive knowledge of all things Jim Lambert though. Just my observations...

booo.gifbooo.gif

Edited by CalveryDemon

No, your obversations are incorrect.   I know Jim Lambert through my dad. 

I just got back from my last tour in Afghanastan and opened the account while I am at my dad's house on leave.

18B/18D with 10th Specail Forces Group (A)

Just don't want to bring his name (my Dad's) into it since they are one and the same.

Edited by Open 3Gun

I would have assumed that someone "in the know" would be privy to common vernacular. Consider yourself educated.

In particular:

"What is a patent troll?

A patent troll uses patents as legal weapons, instead of actually creating any new products or coming up with new ideas. Instead, trolls are in the business of litigation (or even just threatening litigation). They often buy up patents cheaply from companies down on their luck who are looking to monetize what resources they have left, such as patents. Unfortunately, the Patent Office has a habit of issuing patents for ideas that are neither new nor revolutionary, and these patents can be very broad, covering everyday or commonsense types of computing – things that should never have been patented in the first place. Armed with these overbroad and vague patents, the troll will then send out threatening letters to those they argue infringe their patent(s). These letters threaten legal action unless the alleged infringer agrees to pay a licensing fee, which can often range to the tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands of dollars."

So I take it you consider Jim to be a "patent troll"?

You cant be serious.

I know Jim to be the most innovative, thorough, original designer in the shooting world.

Do yourself (and Jim) right and retract that insinuation.

RK

In particular:

"What is a patent troll?

Ok I see that is a pretty nasty practice, one I would never do

I applied for my patents myself to protect property That I designed when NO other product existed before,

Many of those designs but not all existed before ANYBODY else was even working on ths gun or had even heard of one.

Years before my current competition was in this business

Being I was one of the first people to contact RAAC and bring in guns to test

RAAC told me At that time only one other person had done so before me, he designed the first stock adapter

I think Krebs came in around that same time, but I am not sure

From your posts, I see you are not a slow kind of guy, and I suspect you are actually very sharp.

Is honesty in there as well?  Would you NOT do what you could to defend YOUR property, things you labored very hard to create?

In my position a patent is the only way to protect myself.

If I had not obtained the ones I have, I would stand to just throw away thousands of hours of hard work, and TONS of money I have invested.

I think you would have to do the same in my position.

I have NO axe to grind with you, and would like to be civil in our conversation, I might even joke a little.

My issues with T&N are done!   he agrees to refrain from manufacturing parts that I have  outlined.

I have to think he is a man of his word, so this back and forth stuff should stop on both sides.

He has no control over people continuing to stirr it up, nor do I

I will only respond in a negative way if people harass me, and no nasty comments about T&N will come from me or my staff

An agreement was reached, lets let it go

Jim

• Like 1

wet_eyes.gifwet_eyes.gif  You ought to take the advice of your signature!!

Kind of weird that this account was just created on the 1st Oct. and all 4 post have been on this subject? You seem to have very extensive knowledge of all things Jim Lambert though. Just my observations...

booo.gifbooo.gif

Waiting for that appology or retraction.  Something an honorable person would do.

No, your obversations are incorrect.   I know Jim Lambert through my dad. 

I just got back from my last tour in Afghanastan and opened the account while I am at my dad's house on leave.

18B/18D with 10th Specail Forces Group (A)

Just don't want to bring his name (my Dad's) into it since they are one and the same.

I think I know who you are now

I thank you and your dad for your service to this Nation!!!!!!!!!

Jim

I am a mechanical engineer and know plenty about the patent process. Been waist deep in the mess plenty of times and personally know several patent lawyers. Trust me, these pending patents won't get approved. There is nothing there that is original enough. I find it really disgusting when people try to hinder business growth and development, especially in the gun industry. Our government is doing a great job of trying to kill the market. Why would anyone who supposedly wants to encourage growth of the MKA platform act in this manner? I don't understand Jim's frustration. Being first doesn't mean you get to be the only. Lastly, as a customer, I don't give a flip about who designed what and whether it's patented. All I want is something that is quality, performs, is available to buy and receive when I need it, and fairly priced. If vendors have issues with other vendors, this is not the place. Go direct. Involve lawyers if needed. Don't drag us through the crap. Build, sell, ship, and shut up.

Just an observation, but it appears you take enjoyment in being "drug" through the crap.  Why would you bother to  read it and then post on it if you didn't?

Last I checked this was an open forum for people to express themselves whether you approve of it or not. 

Edited by Open 3Gun

I'm not picking sides here, but isn't the FB lower just a copy of an AR lower which is what the MKA is a copy of ?   I don't see anything original or new here other than the fact one shoots a bullet and the other a shotgun shell. and the AR has been around since what ...the 60's? 

Just an observation, but it appears you take enjoyment in being "drug" through the crap. Why would you bother to read it and then post on it if you didn't?

Last I checked this was an open forum for people to express themselves.

Last I checked, I've been a regular since buying my MKA months ago. Can you say the same? Your account is brand new.

I am a mechanical engineer and know plenty about the patent process. Been waist deep in the mess plenty of times and personally know several patent lawyers. Trust me, these pending patents won't get approved. There is nothing there that is original enough. I find it really disgusting when people try to hinder business growth and development, especially in the gun industry. Our government is doing a great job of trying to kill the market. Why would anyone who supposedly wants to encourage growth of the MKA platform act in this manner? I don't understand Jim's frustration. Being first doesn't mean you get to be the only. Lastly, as a customer, I don't give a flip about who designed what and whether it's patented. All I want is something that is quality, performs, is available to buy and receive when I need it, and fairly priced. If vendors have issues with other vendors, this is not the place. Go direct. Involve lawyers if needed. Don't drag us through the crap. Build, sell, ship, and shut up.

Ok...

Are you not the guy that started the BOGUS poll about this stuff?

You have been a contributor to the BS side of this all along

Take your own advice

Jim