side by side comparison of T&N and Firebird handguard

wet_eyes.gifwet_eyes.gif  You ought to take the advice of your signature!!

Kind of weird that this account was just created on the 1st Oct. and all 4 post have been on this subject? You seem to have very extensive knowledge of all things Jim Lambert though. Just my observations...

booo.gifbooo.gif

Waiting for that appology or retraction.  Something an honorable person would do.

You'll be waiting for a while.. I said I made an observation, and it was exactly that. MINE. I too served our great country with multiple combat tours, but that's irrelevant. My observation stands.

Last I checked this was an open forum for people to express themselves whether you approve of it or not. 

Open forum, hence MY observations which still stand. scorn.gif

I'm not picking sides here, but isn't the FB lower just a copy of an AR lower which is what the MKA is a copy of ?   I don't see anything original or new here other than the fact one shoots a bullet and the other a shotgun shell. and the AR has been around since what ...the 60's? 

Ding ding ding we have a winner.

Edited by CalveryDemon
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I assure you Katt, he didn't need any help digging this grave.

This is all getting out of hand

Jim,   We will continue to send customers your way for services we do not offer as we have been doing since we started. I hope this will be the beginning of a good business relationship from now on.

Posted Images

Yes I started a poll. I thought that was an easy way for everyone to gauge the reaction to all of this. What about it is bogus? I think that particular thread is unbiased. I obviously have my own opinions being made known in other threads, but a public poll is just that--public. I even asked that it remain without any posts to help keep it unbiased.

Because the poll will only be from mebers of this fourm and it comes down to who has more forum buddies than the other, not really about the product.

Jim and Matt have apparently reconcilled their differences.  Time to move forward.

Edited by Open 3Gun

I'm not picking sides here, but isn't the FB lower just a copy of an AR lower which is what the MKA is a copy of ?   I don't see anything original or new here other than the fact one shoots a bullet and the other a shotgun shell. and the AR has been around since what ...the 60's? 

By that logic ALL firearms are the same and none have any unique features thus any could be copied by anyone .

And no they all have features that make them unique ,

Colt held patents on the AR15 for years, and they alone could build the gun

When the patents expired The AR15 could be manufactured by anyone who wanted to make it, now hundreds of companies make them

There are many styles, from different companies, but they can not be patented unless they have very unique innovations

Piston systems and side charging systems are examples

Jim

18B/18D with 10th Specail Forces Group (A)

Just don't want to bring his name (my Dad's) into it since they are one and the same.

The more I look at this the more pissed I get. Produce proof or your a fraud. You undermine anyone who may be ODA, never know where they may pop up. I struggled to not call you out, any group guy would not let a little piss in a forum overrun OPSEC.

Edited by CalveryDemon

Yes I started a poll. I thought that was an easy way for everyone to gauge the reaction to all of this. What about it is bogus? I think that particular thread is unbiased. I obviously have my own opinions being made known in other threads, but a public poll is just that--public. I even asked that it remain without any posts to help keep it unbiased.

Its only public here   99% or more of my customers have never been on this forum, and never will be

It will count trolls and some followers  but never reflect the real world

Just don't want to bring his name (my Dad's) into it since they are one and the same.

The more I look at this the more pissed I get. Produce proof or your a fraud. You undermine anyone who may be ODA, never know where they may pop up. I struggled to not call you out, any group guy would not let a little piss in a forum overrun OPSEC.

Ok Im going to be blunt......YOU are a real Jackass

You can piss on me all you want all day long.

Trying to defame that guy is over the top and off limits!!!!

Its only public here   99% or more of my customers have never been on this forum, and never will be

It will count trolls and some followers  but never reflect the real world

Ok Im going to be blunt......YOU are a real Jackass

One that hates frauds of that nature! And hell yeah I'm a jackass, I call the shit straight.

edit: And I'm not afraid to wrestle in the mud with a pig.  greedy.gif

Edited by CalveryDemon

You are obviously a very insecure little person.  When I get back home, I will post a picture of me and my dad when he was at my "Donning of the Green Beret" Ceremony at fort Bragg.

Not that it is necessary as I am secure in my man hood.

Will be sometime tomorrow, but I will do it just for your sorry ass!!

You are obviously a very insecure little person.  When I get back home, I will post a picture of me and my dad when he was at my "Donning of the Green Beret" Ceremony at fort Bragg.

Fair enough, don't get the baby feelings hurt though.

That is my son you are refering to and I will call you out as a piece of shit.  I am retired US Army, spent 15 years in 5th SFG(A) and 12 years on a team.

You want to call me out as a fraud you piece of shit??

Kinda proud of him and to have some sorry ass off this forum to make that accusation is pretty damn low, which you have already show that is what you are.

Jack

I don't give 2 shits who's son he is, that's not some shit you put out the in a pissing contest in a forum....

Did I make some wild claim about who I am out there?  No, cause it could have been viewed negatively. My opinion don't necessarily reflect brothers opinions.  (edited language)

Edited by CalveryDemon

I have the picture he was refering to.  Let's see if you are man enough to appologize now.

Jack Travers

Appologize for what, saying that don't have a place in an online pissing contest? Granted, I believe the chances are good that he is who he say he is. The fact is it should not have been posted.

My name is out there for the world to see.  Who are you???

Jack

Ill PM you right now bud.

Nice to see some agreement to these arguments between Firebird and T&N.

So, if there are items that Firebird is not going to let T&N build, we have no choice, for whatever these items are, to buy from Firebird.

So Firebird how about stepping up Customer Service a bit ? I have read several times from others complaining about poor service. I had sent at least 2 requests for product info from your web site and did not get a response, and after that I quit. T&N answers every call and email.

So if you are the only source how about fixing this also ? That would be helpful.

Edited by Waynefi

Fair enough, don't get the baby feelings hurt though.

Please remove the picture of your gun with my receiver on it from your avatar

It disgusts me that it is in your possession

Nice to see some agreement to these arguments between Firebird and T&N.

So, if there are items that Firebird is not going to let T&N build, we have no choice, for whatever these items are, to buy from Firebird.

So Firebird how about stepping up Customer Service a bit ? I have read several times from others complaining about poor service. I had sent at least 2 requests for product info from your web site and did not get a response, and after that I quit. T&N answers every call and email.

So if you are the only source how about fixing this also ? That would be helpful.

I have a meeting saturday to discuss issues just like that with the web designer

Its best to call us

Jim

Please remove the picture of your gun with my receiver on it from your avatar

It disgusts me that it is in your possession

Cry alittle more for us. If it makes ya feel any better, It ran at about half after the receiver was installed

Cool...send it back

This is what you all look like to people like me who aren't involved. Take it to PM's. This shit doesn't need to be on here. The more it goes on the dummer you all make yourselves look.

Just my opinion.

post-44337-0-21664300-1380934946.jpg

post-44337-0-04090800-1380934988.jpg

post-44337-0-29686900-1380934997.jpg

Edited by Joe**Dirt

I`m a new member here and have been reading this with a lot of thought and worry. I also have been trying to get some reply to emails sent to Firebird and must agree they are NOT very good at replying, in fact I will say they are pushing me towards other companies that are Excellent at replies.

They may not be able to supply me with what I need so decided it wasn`t worth answering. If that's the reason you will lose out in the long run.

My question was simple "Do you ship internationally, i.e, outside the USA ?" for small parts.

Steve

Its not a matter of where I am, France UK, Germany...its a matter of having an email contact site and  no customer support that annoys me. If they cant reply why should I give them my money.

What happens if I have problems with their product ?.. and I don't always want to "pick up the phone"

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Interesting. I have one of the very first batch of MKA 1919's in the country. Cool Jewels, out of spec rail and all. Jim did a conversion for me and as a follow up did the feed lips. I want a new one but this one runs so well I cant justify one.  I have used this since day one for 3 gun along with the now disposed of saiga.

I shot this gun last year without cleaning it as an experiment to see how long it would go. Late in the summer I had one FTF in a club match due to the filth and cleaned it at the end of the match. Not a single issue after that the rest of the season.

I have spoken with Jim several times and his wife as well. Good people. I have no T&N products and probably wont. I see no need. They offer nothing I see as any kind of improvement just a copy. Jims side charging handle works perfectly and I don't see that the T&N guys offer something similar. If they do I didn't see it.

My business will STAY with Jim.

I always find it funny that most of the whiners are the type who spend more time taking posed pictures of their guns than actually shooting them. My gun is beat up and ugly. Its from throwing it in dump barrels and the rigors of competition.

This guy "CalveryDemon " has quite successfully made himself into a laughingstock. Dude your not even aware of it but every time you touch your keyboard you make yourself look more immature and foolish.