Just a heads up. Aimsurplus has wolf gold .223 brass cased in stock and also they have the 40 round pmags.  I have seen a few people saying they would like to have some if they could find them.  They're $18.95 plus shipping.

• Like 2

I've had aprox 1,000 rounds of Remington FMJ .308 bulk ammo in brass cases I've been trying to get rid of for the last 6 weeks @ 50cents per round, supposed to sell the last 400 rounds tomorrow.......we'll see if he shows up though. Seems like the mad rush to buy ammo is passed. Not that I think I am asking a "Panic-price." Just that nobody wants it, even though it's not easy to find for less than .75 per round.

The cheapest I am seeing the "cheapest" .223 is $.30/round of Wolf WPA...that is panic priced. That stuff should be down around $.23-.24.

edit: I found Herter's for $.28/round. Still too high for that garbage....I got PMX x-tac 55 gr. for $.30/round before the panic.

Edited by StingyGunner

Thanks guys for the heads up on the ammo deals. Personally I am not hurting for money rite now so if it is in stock I am buying, if it is cheap that is even better. Thanks again.

That's the right attitude to have (within reason) if you want to keep shooting.

I personally don't believe the ammo factories are slacking on supply.. I believe the government and hoarders would buy up ever round they can manufacture, at anything less than arm+leg prices, until Mao is gone.. If I saw a case of .223 at Wally World for $300 I'd probably buy it... I think most guys would.

I'd buy a PALLET of .22LR @ $0.09/rd...

• Like 1

Thanks guys for the heads up on the ammo deals. Personally I am not hurting for money rite now so if it is in stock I am buying, if it is cheap that is even better. Thanks again.

That's the right attitude to have (within reason) if you want to keep shooting.

I personally don't believe the ammo factories are slacking on supply.. I believe the government and hoarders would buy up ever round they can manufacture, at anything less than arm+leg prices, until Mao is gone.. If I saw a case of .223 at Wally World for $300 I'd probably buy it... I think most guys would.

I'd buy a PALLET of .22LR @ $0.09/rd...

I'm still waiting for 2500 rds of Eley Sport I backordered almost a year ago at 5.5 cents/rd.  I really hope that comes through.

When I start seeing bricks of decent .22 at under $20 a brick, I will stock up a few. Other than that, I just want primers and projectiles.

If I had a bigger budget, I would buy powder in bulk quantiiies too. 

For you guys who are planning to buy thousands of rounds of centerfire, consider getting a lee load master kit in your preferred caliber for ~$250. You'll need about $50 worth of other stuff, at a minimum, but the cost will be offset by the first case or so of ammo you would have bought. Plus you will be immune to all this shortage stuff next time around as long as you have put back a few thousand primers and some powder. That stuff takes up very little space. (additional parts for another caliber cost $30-70 each depending on shared tools, for this press.) (You would eventually want a couple hundred dollars worth of other stuff, but this is enough to get going, and make good ammo fast.)

Since about this time last year, mine has made probably close to 4000 9mm alone, at an average cost of aprox 7 cents/round. (casting brings that down a lot, it is closer to 13 cents if you are buying plated bullets) Counting the casting and all the other oddjobs, it takes about 2 hours to get 5-600 rounds of pistol ammo. Factor in an hourly wage for yourself and see how quickly it would pay for you.

• Like 1

We get a minimum of 2 pallets of ammo a week. This last week we got in over 5 pallets for a sale we got going, CCI mini mags, american eagle .223, and UMC 9mm.

It does not matter the price, the 9mm, .380, .22LR, and .38 special sells out QUICK, no matter how much we get in. We get shipments on Thursday, none of those calibers will be there by Sunday (9mm and .22 sell out every Thursday).

We have a ridiculous amount of 5.56, because it's all priced at 60 cents a round and no one wants it at that price. They have slowly started putting it "on sale" for 50 cents a round. Still sells very poorly even then. .45 ACP in a similar boat, 60 cents a round and no one wants.

That's good news. That will help markets to stabilize closer to the cost of production.

Plus components won't become very available until there are some surpluses in assembled ammo.

That's good news. That will help markets to stabilize closer to the cost of production.

Plus components won't become very available until there are some surpluses in assembled ammo.

My thoughts exactly.  My local dealer has similar availability of overpriced 5.56 and .45, while the .22lr, etc., just dissappear.  I have to imagine soon people will stop the panic buying.  Maybe its going to take the next election?  I hope not.

Pre-panic or not, I've found everything but 45 at affordable prices.  Prices are close enough for me now that I'm NOT gonna get caught with my pants down ever again.  I buy ammo every week and will keep doing so as long as I can afford to and until I get at least 3k of each.  I know 3k is nothing to some of you, but it's at least a comfortable point to be VERY picky about prices.

Big John, check out the new Cabelas in Denver, near Park Meadows. I know is kinda far from you, but, they had quite a bit of 45. I don't remember the prices off hand, but, there was more than any other handgun caliber as of yesterday.

GunFun, you got it! I began reloading on '08 after that crazy panic, I did not want to be left searching for ammo, so I did the next logical thing and learned to reload. Now I love it and it is another part of the hobby.

Sure some components are harder to find right now, but it seems to me the reloading components are the last to dry up in a ammo panic. I have enough to keep shooting at my pace for four to five years without buying anything. But I will always buy if the price is right.

Oh and some may get away with calling me a hoarder(I do not think I am).....but NOBODY can call me a gouger.....this shit aint fore sale! And it don't go bad and yes I will use it!

Edited by Bigtwin
  • Like 1