Bought a nagant revolver this weekend from cabelas. Very happy with the gun. Picked it and two boxes of ammo for $200 otd. So now I'm scouring the internet trying to find some one who has ammo in stock at a decent price. A certain place has the ppu 50 rd boxes on clearance for $18. I add it to my cart and click checkout. "Sorry this product can't be shipped into your state."

Fuck.

Thanks dannel malloy. You can suck a dick.

post-12084-0-39495100-1380738219_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

aimsurplus frequently has it... Not sure if they will ship to your commie state though...

That said, there is a foreclosure right behind my house going for $50k... In the spring, I'm betting it will be down to $35k.

Time to MOVE (and gain a friend in the process... I make some badass ribs)...

• Like 1

Haha where are you? I'll be on my way tomorrow! My girlfriend and me were going to move to Texas in Nov. But, I popped the question and now were staying to get her Italian wedding outta the way. After that taking the money and running!

See my details, homie! smile.png Fort Wayne, IN... If you're serious, show up on Saturday and I'll have the ribs done... Might even talk the old lady into her legendary garlic mashed potatoes and some good old Indiana sweet corn.

I've been eying that property as an investment opportunity myself... Hard to turn it down when its literally in my back yard.

I paid $99k for my place in 2009 (900 ft^3 on a finished basement, 3 beds, 2 full baths, detached 2 car garage)... A place down at the end of my street sold for $29k foreclosed in 2011, the flipper took about 6 months rehabbing it (new windows, siding, probably paint and carpet throughout, guessing a new kitchen and bath as well), and sold it for $120k to nice young family with 2 young kids (oldest is maybe 6...). I'm 1/2 mile north of $500k+ homes (which is very expensive in my area) on 1/2 acre lots, 1.5 miles from a HUGE and BOOMING medical complex that just can't stop growing (Parkview Health Systems... look them up), and 1/2 mile south of mufti-million dollar homes. I'm in a single street neighborhood of modest homes surrounded by prosperity, low crime, and EXPENSIVE homes.

The only downside of IN is no SBS... Otherwise, it's all good. A nice low tax, shall issue, state.

P.S. I forgot.. Our CCW permit is a LIFETIME permit... Costs about $120..

Edited by Maxwelhse

I would. Im on the cellular so can't check all the nitty gritty. Prporty is always a good investment. that's the next biggest problem where I live.most apartments around here sell for $100k!!!!

F-that.. The last place I rented was a shabby (but OK.. I really didn't have any problems) 2 bedroom house, with a very large 2 car garage, for $500/mo... Landlord was also super cool. Frankly, though I ashamed to admit it as I am now a home owner, that was the best shop I've ever had for wrenching on cars. MUCH work was done to my '91 5.0 out of that place. I also courted my fiance from that house (we've been together for nearly 6 years now).

If you want to come to the corn belt, I can certainly help you look.

Back on topic, if you see some Nagant ammo on AIM and they won't ship it to you, I will. Unless someone corrects me (and I will double check my facts first) ammo by mail isn't outlawed in "The People's Republic of Konnektikut" yet... Cover all the expenses and I'll do it for free. It's the least I can do to compensate the forum's generosity in my quest for .22LR as of late.

• Like 1

Thumbs up dude! Thats too kind of you. If I can't get it sorted out I'll let you know. How's the job market out there?

It really is the least I can do for another forum member. You may not know me, and that's cool, but I know this place. We're all about community. If you're cool to pay it back to all of us in any way possible, then I'm more than happy to help.

Job market...? Well... That depends on your profession. If you have a trade (pipe fitter, welder, construction, etc) or formal education (engineering, medical, finance, etc) then it's off the hook. If you're currently running a register, that's what you'll be doing here too. I'm not going to sugar coat it for you. It's no different in IN than it is in CT. You have to have a skill or trade to succeed in this world. Frankly, if I were 20 again (not that I'm "old".. I'm 34), I would have gone into the trades instead of Engineering. I would be making a boatload more cash and probably enjoy my work quite a bit more. I do love engineering for what it is, but most of my time is spent with meaningless paperwork and stress. The trades guys show up, do their jobs, and go home.

I know where there is some. I don't know what the shipping would cost. Shoot me a PM and I'll give you the guy's phone #

That's a very nice offer. You should follow up on it. I personally would not have any trouble working with Yeoldetool... Class act as far as my opinion is concerned.

Edited by Maxwelhse
  • Like 1

PM sent!

Max I happen to have some trade skill. I swung a hammer for a while, then I worked a bar, and now I've been selling car parts for 4yrs(and not at autozone). Pretty soon I'll be running a register since my company was bought out by advanced auto parts. I should be able to find something if there's trade work.

Jerry, its like pulling a car with one finger on DA. SA is also hard but fairly crisp. Gonna give it a Polish polish and play with the main spring to see of she'll smooth up a little.

Im gonna go home and rustle through some stuff, see if I can pay it forward. This forum is awesome. Maybe I'll do a random number pull for some .22lrs or something.

Thumbs up dude! Thats too kind of you. If I can't get it sorted out I'll let you know. How's the job market out there?

It really is the least I can do for another forum member. You may not know me, and that's cool, but I know this place. We're all about community. If you're cool to pay it back to all of us in any way possible, then I'm more than happy to help.

Job market...? Well... That depends on your profession. If you have a trade (pipe fitter, welder, construction, etc) or formal education (engineering, medical, finance, etc) then it's off the hook. If you're currently running a register, that's what you'll be doing here too. I'm not going to sugar coat it for you. It's no different in IN than it is in CT. You have to have a skill or trade to succeed in this world. Frankly, if I were 20 again (not that I'm "old".. I'm 34), I would have gone into the trades instead of Engineering. I would be making a boatload more cash and probably enjoy my work quite a bit more. I do love engineering for what it is, but most of my time is spent with meaningless paperwork and stress. The trades guys show up, do their jobs, and go home.

I know where there is some. I don't know what the shipping would cost. Shoot me a PM and I'll give you the guy's phone #

That's a very nice offer. You should follow up on it. I personally would not have any trouble working with Yeoldetool... Class act as far as my opinion is concerned.

Thank you. The guy is sitting on a lot of ammo. He would like to sell it off before Jan., when he will have to start doing NICS checks to sell ammo. Fuckin' SAFEact....

aimsurplus frequently has it... Not sure if they will ship to your commie state though...

no company that sells ammunition is going to ship to conn.  effective yesterday, 1 oct, a law came into effect that you  need a "ammunition certificate" in order to buy ammo or magazine.

“ammunition certificate” to purchase ammunition and magazines.  The fee (tax) for this certificate is $35.  Each applicant will undergo a criminal background investigation in order to be issued this certificate.  Your “ammunition certificate” must be renewed every five years.  However, if you already hold a valid state Permit to Carry Pistols and Revolvers or a newly created “long gun eligibility certificate,” you are exempt from this additional requirement to obtain a separate "ammunition and magazine certificate"

here is the application;

http://www.ct.gov/despp/lib/despp/slfu/firearms/despp-417-c_application_for_ammunition_certificate_fillable.pdf

http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/30/connecticut-law-requiring-ammunition-certificate-to-purchase-ammunition-and-magazines-takes-effect-october-1/#ixzz2gcRcQL2K

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1

Haha where are you? I'll be on my way tomorrow! My girlfriend and me were going to move to Texas in Nov. But, I popped the question and now were staying to get her Italian wedding outta the way. After that taking the money and running!

Texas welcomes you, so long you vote like a Texan.

I wouldn't disappoint!

no company that sells ammunition is going to ship to conn. effective yesterday, 1 oct, a law came into effect that you need a "ammunition certificate" in order to buy ammo or magazine.

“ammunition certificate” to purchase ammunition and magazines. The fee (tax) for this certificate is $35. Each applicant will undergo a criminal background investigation in order to be issued this certificate. Your “ammunition certificate” must be renewed every five years. However, if you already hold a valid state Permit to Carry Pistols and Revolvers or a newly created “long gun eligibility certificate,” you are exempt from this additional requirement to obtain a separate "ammunition and magazine certificate"

here is the application;

http://www.ct.gov/despp/lib/despp/slfu/firearms/despp-417-c_application_for_ammunition_certificate_fillable.pdf

http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/30/connecticut-law-requiring-ammunition-certificate-to-purchase-ammunition-and-magazines-takes-effect-october-1/#ixzz2gcRcQL2K

I have my pistol permit so I should be good to go. I'm going to call wideners in the morning and see if they will ship to me. When I set up an account there I used my carry permit as my I.d. Their price for the nagant ammo is pretty good, and gonna grab a crate of mosin as well.