HELP: Bolt Locking to Rear

Hello,

So my bolt locks to the rear.  It's not being caught by the bolt catch, it's just being locked all the way back.  There is no mag in the magwell, it's just locking back.

I'm manually pulling the charging handle back and it's getting stuck.  I push the charging handle forward and it unsticks.

I'm supposed to head to the range in a couple hours so I could use some help ASAP.

I have a Tooth & Nail stock adapter as well as a Tooth & Nail fire control group. 

Any thoughts on how to fix it?

Thanks,

Jay

Look inside and see if the bolt locking lug is wedging against the top of the upper receiver. We have had one other gun do the same thing, brand new out of the box. It was an xn model serial number 1200xxXN.We sent it back to RAAC for warranty. Gun was returned and ran perfect after.

• Like 1

Look inside and see if the bolt locking lug is wedging against the top of the upper receiver. We have had one other gun do the same thing, brand new out of the box. It was an xn model serial number 1200xxXN.We sent it back to RAAC for warranty. Gun was returned and ran perfect after.

Mine is 1300xxXN.

Should I be looking for wear on the top of the upper receiver? 

I put about 80 rounds through it and it ran fine before. 

Thanks,

Jay

Almost all guns will have wear marks on the top part of the receiver. Most of this is due to the bolt shifting while cycling. What you need to check for it the location of the bolt carrier to the bolt when it is getting stuck. If the bolt is pushed to the rear of the carrier it is wedging the locking block against the top of the receiver seizing your bolt. This would be mid-travel, most likely where the barrel lug and upper receiver meet.

+1 on what Jim said as well if your bolt is to the rear when seizing.

• Like 1

If you can't figure it out, I say, send it to Tony.
Tony coupled with Bob are the shit.
I'm the unquestionable, absolute best in the world at what I do, but I still bow down to Tony & Bob when it comes to their skills at what they do.. bowdown.gif
They're one HELL of a team when it comes to making semi-auto- shotties run like raped apes.

Well,  I just sent off my upper receiver and bolt carrier group off to Matt at Tooth & Nail to have I all looked at. 

I believe I may have cross threaded upper receiver hole that the stock adapter attaches to. 

I called Matt and he said he could probably tap it and rethread it for me for only the cost of shipping!!!

He also said to send the upper so they could take a look at why the bolt was getting locked back. 

Awesome offer by Matt. 

Now, it's just the dreaded waiting game.