Okay....You win, but I AM NOT A LIAR.

AA re-cvrd, I owe you an apology.  You are not a liar.  I was relying on my memory rather than the record.  I have checked my PM file and confirmed the following was our exchange:

Your words:  "and fuck this place" 2c.gif

My words:  You are welcome to leave at any time if you think this place is so bad. Your posts reek of attitude we can do without. Wise up or I will put you out with the trash.

Wolverine

While I might have used better wording the message remains the same.  By your response I have concluded you understand our expectations.  Thanks for your compliance.

Wolverine

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I used to be hyperactive on here and some other forums, not so much for several months. Just too busy trying to make ends meet...  Thanks to Obama'nomics.

The 200 guests are the NSA.

I didn't get that message, and my attitude reeks as much as ANYBODY.     And fuck anybody who doesn't think so!

Posted Images

Slow economy, expensive ammo, just slows down the whole "hobby" (not that guns are just a hobby of course) of guns.

I don't think I've been to the range at all this year. Just sitting on the ammo I have.

Seems like there are not nearly as many newbies landing here asking about why their S-12 won't work out of the box.

Again, probably slow economy and expense/availability of various Saiga models.

Hopefully this overall trend will lead to sane ammo prices and better availability.

I still find myself checking in here a couple times a day and posting once in a while.

This is one of the best forums around. The crowd/mods here are great.   beer.gif

I'm also a card carrying member of the tin foil hat club here too.   tinfoilhat.gif

I think it's important to be able to address the stuff we all see happening.

Edit: Can you feel the love around here?   Seems like old times again.

Edited by Spartacus

I'm a full time engineering student, so I tend not to post a whole lot during the semester.

Unless I'm procrastinating.

Like I'm doing right now.

Sounds like me. Full time criminal justice student. I am also writing a paper write now. And looking at guns. And talking to a couple girls, and posting on here. So the paper is not getting done lol Edited by Ethan M

I suspect that this will be the last time you hear from me, I hope I'm wrong about that. I was recently received a PM from one of the MOD's explaining that I better wake up, or I will soon be "Taken out with the trash" , because my posts "Reek with an attitude that we don't need around here". Maybe I wasn't the only one who got that message? It has made me very hesitant to post anything.

& everyone will automatically think it was me..

Well then we better set them straight right now.......they would be dead wrong. The MODs here have always been very fair, given loads of leeway to all. I will say that there is an elephant in the room that folks are afraid to talk about openly, and no IT IS NOT A PERSON.

It ain't gonna be Juggs....

He's the realist motherfucker here.

He knows about regret.

Please though....

Don't go before you inform my ass about how to kick the "AA" shit, bro....

Edited by S-12 Pauly
  • Like 1

For me personally its a change of lifestyle (unfortunately) moving that doesn't let me utilize my Saigas the way they should be.

I've notice that as the forum expanded though there has been people that have come and gone, just like in life. Some for the good, some not so good. I know what got me started here was because nobody would work on "an AK" around me. So I came here looking for how to do things to convert the gun.

As the bolt on parts became more common we lost the fabricating guys, so we thought less outside the box. Some still do mind you, but it seems with the larger membership they are less. As stated before there are less people willing to cut into a $700 gun over a $300 one.

Dudes....WTF.....drama at it's best!!  

Posts do seem to vanish from time to time.  Usually when things start getting real.  

I guess you MODS have a big job trying to keep the peace.

lots of stuff gets moved.. no so much deleted..

LOTS of folks are put out by the political environment, the very reason stuff gets moved to password protected political..

odds are, threads get moved.. mostly non contributor info gets tossed.

One good reason that the forum has been taking a hit in posts is simple. People are active as $h!+ during the summer time.  I haven't had much time to post, myself.  My absence is because I have only logged like 10 hours of shooting time this summer.  I just switched employment from computer technician to petroleum equipment technican 2 weeks ago, so I'm hard at it.

I won't lie, the NSA revelations have me spooked a bit to post much, but I've been paranoid to even post a pic of myself on here, tie it to my primary email address, or use my name.  It's not that I have anything to hide, but really, who needs to freak about gun registration and tracking, seriously.  Considering we post openly in a forum about it, if they have our IP's, they know what's in our households. They know who we are.  This isn't tinfoil hat talk anymore, and it's not even political anymore. This is the reality of the day in age that we live in. Fusion centers tie all the information together, and warehouses of live people are sifting though data that may be deemed subversive. They've had teams working night and day to crack TOR wide open. With the Silk Road going down, that's proof positive to me that they have succeeded.

Not saying I have much to hide, but when Ron Paul supporters without credit cards are considered subversive, I don't like to add fuel to the fire. I'm a peaceful person. I've also been taught my entire life to be prepared.  I know the majority here feel the same way about life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

I've had a rough life folks, (mostly self inflicted), and have caused a lot for pain for others along the way. In the last 17 years I've tried to live a rigorously honest life, and I guess sometimes it goes into brutal honesty, well some folks cannot/will not accept that level of honesty, not their fault, just the way they're wired. I have tried to share my experience with all of you and I realize that it has touched some nerves with a few of you, I truly meant no harm. My sick ass sense of humor is often misunderstood and that's my problem, I'm truly sorry if it has offended any of you. There many good, smart and funny people here, I didn't stay this long just for the guns. I'm not going to give up on Saiga12.com, but I will see some of you on the dark side of the moon later this afternoon, I've got a few chores to do before going there. 

Thanks Chili, I expected it and glad you got there first haha.gif

I ain't judging you AA. I think you bring a new dimension to the forums

Dudes....WTF.....drama at it's best!!  

Posts do seem to vanish from time to time.  Usually when things start getting real.  

I guess you MODS have a big job trying to keep the peace.

Agreed. Dramacity.

If its deleted it might have been me. I like to erase trolls. Leave the history unmarked by their passage

this made me smile :)

I'm a full time engineering student, so I tend not to post a whole lot during the semester.

Unless I'm procrastinating.

Sounds like me. Full time criminal justice student. I am also writing a paper write now. And looking at guns. And talking to a couple girls, and posting on here. So the paper is not getting done lol

Wow... That sounds very familiar from about 8 years ago for me... Leave the women alone though (at least nothing serious) until you're done with school... MUCH better market then.

Good luck to both of you guys... It's not an easy road!

• Like 1

I'm a full time engineering student, so I tend not to post a whole lot during the semester.Unless I'm procrastinating.

Sounds like me. Full time criminal justice student. I am also writing a paper write now. And looking at guns. And talking to a couple girls, and posting on here. So the paper is not getting done lol

Wow... That sounds very familiar from about 8 years ago for me... Leave the women alone though (at least nothing serious) until you're done with school... MUCH better market then.

Good luck to both of you guys... It's not an easy road!

Yeah the women part gets confusing from time to time. Only been serious with one even though I swore i would never get serious until after college. Oh well didn't work out so now just finding women that don't want anything serious. (College is great in that department!)

Yeah the women part gets confusing from time to time. Only been serious with one even though I swore i would never get serious until after college. Oh well didn't work out so now just finding women that don't want anything serious. (College is great in that department!)

Despite my boisterous attitude on the forum, I'm quite introverted with the ladies in the real world. I ran the gambit with what was around while I was in school and was left quite disappointed in the long run (had my heart crushed by one.. live long enough and you will too).

I finished school, dated a few women here and there (one was a chemist at Proctor and Gamble... not exactly scraping the bottom of the barrel there) but they didn't work out for whatever reasons. I settled into my life as a working stiff and went after my "dream girl" (nightmares are dreams too... just an FYI) and more-or-less found her. Pretty, but not too pretty to be running around with a jackass like me, SMART (smarter than I am, by a good clip... maybe that's a low bar?), the best woman I've ever seen around kids, and "exciting" romantically. She had/has her gremlins, like we all do, but she's a definite keeper. Only took me 28 years to find her.

Go wet your dick with whatever you like since you're young... When it comes time to relax you'll know it. No need to get hooked up with some pole whore while you're in school... I guess that last line is really what I was driving after! :)

• Like 1

Despite my boisterous attitude on the forum, I'm quite introverted with the ladies in the real world. I ran the gambit with what was around while I was in school and was left quite disappointed in the long run (had my heart crushed by one.. live long enough and you will too).

I finished school, dated a few women here and there (one was a chemist at Proctor and Gamble... not exactly scraping the bottom of the barrel there) but they didn't work out for whatever reasons. I settled into my life as a working stiff and went after my "dream girl" (nightmares are dreams too... just an FYI) and more-or-less found her. Pretty, but not too pretty to be running around with a jackass like me, SMART (smarter than I am, by a good clip... maybe that's a low bar?), the best woman I've ever seen around kids, and "exciting" romantically. She had/has her gremlins, like we all do, but she's a definite keeper. Only took me 28 years to find her.

Go wet your dick with whatever you like since you're young... When it comes time to relax you'll know it. No need to get hooked up with some pole whore while you're in school... I guess that last line is really what I was driving after! :)

That's great advice. Glad you found your dream girl my friend. I'm not really looking for any relationships now. (Just a little fun lol)

It's sad to see the forum slow down,but it's understandable.

I used to log on daily for years but it's only every few weeks now,partly as I have done "it all" with so meany saigas now that I feel I know them inside out without having to look for info anymore and what new info that is on the site is mostly about bolt on parts that are almost imposable to get in my part of the world.

But it's probably just as much that I actually have to log on rather than using tapatalk on my ph/pad

If you can find a kit! I think it is going to move from kits to parts. This will take the regular guy out of the picture. The Saiga was great thing for people who wanted a inexpensive AK based  gun. For the same price as a kit you could have a better build in a fraction of the time with a minimal investment in tools, to bad but that is life.

I've had a rough life folks, (mostly self inflicted), and have caused a lot for pain for others along the way. In the last 17 years I've tried to live a rigorously honest life, and I guess sometimes it goes into brutal honesty, well some folks cannot/will not accept that level of honesty, not their fault, just the way they're wired. I have tried to share my experience with all of you and I realize that it has touched some nerves with a few of you, I truly meant no harm. My sick ass sense of humor is often misunderstood and that's my problem, I'm truly sorry if it has offended any of you. There many good, smart and funny people here, I didn't stay this long just for the guns. I'm not going to give up on Saiga12.com, but I will see some of you on the dark side of the moon later this afternoon, I've got a few chores to do before going there. 

Thanks Chili, I expected it and glad you got there first haha.gif

I look forward to your no bullshit take on things AA.  Hang in here!

I suspect that this will be the last time you hear from me, I hope I'm wrong about that. I was recently received a PM from one of the MOD's explaining that I better wake up, or I will soon be "Taken out with the trash" , because my posts "Reek with an attitude that we don't need around here". Maybe I wasn't the only one who got that message? It has made me very hesitant to post anything.

I missed this earlier...

I also had a similar encounter with a MOD. I think we both reacted more harshly than we should have. Ultimately, friendly words were exchanged and the issue was handled. That did sour me for a spell, but I think some reflection time was OK. That was a contributor to me taking some time away from the forum. I don't want to piss in anyone's Cheerios and apparently I did, so... exit stage left and fade to black. Time heals all wounds, so I'm participating a bit more lately and hopefully not pissing in Cheerios.. ;)

Let it go, work it out as men, and continue on. No need to hold a grudge forever... I see Wolverine manned up and admitted that he may have been a bit harsh in your exchange. I think that was the right thing (not knowing anything else about the situation). The least you can do is consider the apology and find some neutral ground.

I missed this earlier...

I also had a similar encounter with a MOD. I think we both reacted more harshly than we should have. Ultimately, friendly words were exchanged and the issue was handled. That did sour me for a spell, but I think some reflection time was OK. That was a contributor to me taking some time away from the forum. I don't want to piss in anyone's Cheerios and apparently I did, so... exit stage left and fade to black. Time heals all wounds, so I'm participating a bit more lately and hopefully not pissing in Cheerios.. ;)

Let it go, work it out as men, and continue on. No need to hold a grudge forever... I see Wolverine manned up and admitted that he may have been a bit harsh in your exchange. I think that was the right thing (not knowing anything else about the situation). The least you can do is consider the apology and find some neutral ground.

That's why the milk was kinda yellow when I started eating my Cheerios!!! HOW DARE YOU!!!!

I find myself in the General Discussion area far more than the 7.62x39 section that I first was so set on! The 7.62 section has been real dead as of late.

Still I jump on this site almost every day even to just read.

I do miss seeing some of the posters from when I joined, Imarangemaster is one of them. He posted on Calguns in the past when he moved to CA, but the shitheads and armchair commandos I think prompted him to bail on that place!

I come here just to gaze at Big John's profile pic...

But seriously, relevance is the issue. And this is a time of great issues.

I'm partial to Captain Hero's avatar, myself.

Bitching on this forum doesn't do much to help us with the issues (though I'm more guilty than most). Write your congressmen, give money to good pro-gun orgs, try to promote shooting sports in a positive way, and just generally be a good and responsible ambassador to the hobby. That's the best you can do without holding public office.

• Like 2

I  still come around from time to time. Since I had the bum knee replaced, I spend a lot less tine on the 'puter.

I'm in Texas this month with a brand new Granddaughter!

Its good to see you still posting! Congrats on the new Grandbaby!

• Like 1

I come here just to gaze at Big John's profile pic...

But seriously, relevance is the issue. And this is a time of great issues.

I'm partial to Captain Hero's avatar, myself.

Bitching on this forum doesn't do much to help us with the issues (though I'm more guilty than most). Write your congressmen, give money to good pro-gun orgs, try to promote shooting sports in a positive way, and just generally be a good and responsible ambassador to the hobby. That's the best you can do without holding public office.

Remember at one time Sam Adams was just a guy talking in a pub.

Remember at one time Sam Adams was just a guy talking in a pub.

I agree and he was also a state representative for Massachusetts a decade before the revolution... So, he held public office! :)

If any guy here wants to run for office they've got my support! Otherwise, we've got what we've got.