SBS with 12" Barrel

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=170763766416587&set=pb.109566329202998.-2207520000.1380834956.&type=3&theater

Copied the picture from another thread in this forum (I didn't want to do any hi-jacking).

Is this up and running reliably?   This is the first SBS that really got my heart pumping.    A one off?  Or something that will be offered to those of us willing to do the paperwork?

Bill

Someone may have more info on this than me but I'll show you my interactions with the "builder". It was was built by a guy using some T&N parts. I'd say his name but I don't want to bother him again for permission.

Mr. ********

I had a couple quick questions I wanted to ask if you had a second. I saw the MKA SBS that you put together; awesome work. I have numerous stamps so Im not new to the NFA world. I spoke to T&N about the barrel but they referred me to you about the modifications to the firearm. I assume at a minimum there was a lighter spring and a bushing installed. (I have an XN model and have a short guide rod / rail on order)

Were there any other modifications done internally to the gas system porting?

Did the T&N drive block have any bearing on the functioning of the firearm?

How reliable we're you able to get it to run? Any idea how it would do with 1200 FPS Bulk Federal?

Id be happy to pay you for porting work if your didn't like to give advice. Again, I appreciate any info or advice you want to give. Thanks!

Hi,

You mail went to my spam folder so I'm sorry about the delay in response.

Yes, I opened the ports by .050 each. I shortened the spring by two full coils. Like that it ate up two mags of estate 12G. it is threaded for win chokes though and was running an XX turkey choke.

I have not had time to fool with it as I'm waiting on Clyde for some replacement parts.

If I can help just let me know.

07FFL/C2 SOT

We have been working with him, if you wish, I'll pm you his info, he has made quite a few Siaga's, and wanted to do the MKA's as well.

If you LOOK you'll see it hasn't been COMPLETLY assembled in this photo.

saw no need to post that in the other thread.(no need to further the other threads)