From now on, every time I see a "product comparison" thread...

... started by one vendor who is comparing his/her product against that of another vendor -- funds permitting, I'm going to buy something from the OTHER vendor.

Everyone reading this knows who and what I'm talking about, so I'll skip to the chase.  I've had *good* dealings with both parties, via E-mail and phone, and have products from each.  I was treated kindly and professionally by both parties... and I am appreciative.  However, this latest... "phase" (?)... of "competition" is unacceptable by *my* standards.  Perhaps some of you find this sort of thing entertaining, but I find it ulcer-provoking.  I've learned SO MUCH from the MKA 1919 forum, from vendors and shooters alike, but this latest... whatever you want to call it... is out of line and *I* won't tolerate it.  So, henceforth, and my wallet permitting, if I see ANYONE who is a vendor (or, for that matter, anyone I perceive to be a shill for a given vendor) "comparing" one vendor's product against another vendor's product... I'm going to hit the other vendor's website and try really hard to find something I want and can afford, then I'm going to buy it.  I may even buy it whether I need it or not -- which is why I bought my MKA 1919 in the first place, because Biden was p***ing me off with his retarded comments about "shooting a shotgun into the air" and all the other anti-gun crap.  I got mad.  I spent money I didn't really have... because I just won't tolerate certain things.  I upgraded my NRA life membership to endowment for $250 (that I didn't really have), I donated money I didn't really have to various pro-gun causes, and I upgraded my MKA 1919 -- with money I didn't really have -- because every time Biden opened his mouth ("fire a blast through the door"), it just p***ed me off even more... just like these vendor-started "comparison" threads.  So... you people selling things, you know who you are... you want to put money in the other vendor's pocket?  Go ahead and start a "comparison" thread.

I'm 56 years old, did two tours of Iraq, went through a crappy divorce, I've dealt with a lot of other **** all along the way, and I'm just at a point in my life that I'M NOT GOING TO PUT UP WITH THIS "INNOCENT" AND "FAIR" *COMPARISON* CRAP.  If someone has a beef, GET A LAWYER AND GO AT IT.  I give this advice to EVERYONE.  If you've got a beef, get an attorney and destroy the other guy.  If you can't make a case, and WIN IT HANDS DOWN, then LET IT GO AND MOVE ON.

I'm particularly annoyed because my interactions with both vendors have been extremely positive, but I just won't put up with some things.  So, from now on, after posting this, my MKA 1919 dollars will go to "the other guy" if I see one of these threads started again.

Edited by Hunter308

I understand.  As a machinist student I don't like having my work picked at (Though I go through hell to pull off high grades though, I'm rougher on myself than the instructor is.) so I understand that no vendor likes their stuff picked at either.

I have always liked user end reviews because it's a little less likely to have company propaganda in it.

Like many here, I like what both companies have to offer and I like to see what they can come up with that I might like next.  But the last unmentionable stunt was shameful.  I slightly sided with who I did because as a machinist student I knew I could see some (but not all) things that maybe your average consumer could not see.  So I kinna felt it was my duty to point some things out based upon what I had already learned.

I look forward to doing business with both companies.  But I'm not so sure I will tolerate many more outbursts like that.  You wanna beat your competition?  Beat them in the pocket book.  You open your mouth and attack the other guy as a straight up offensive and you look like an ass hole, that's just the way it is.

I just ordered a few days ago an MKA-1919.  I'm naturally going to be customizing it.  And to be honest, yeah, I'm pretty much going to be embracing the other guy a little more.  But to be honest, I was going to do that anyway because I just like the other guy's stuff a little better.

I haven't purchased any FB parts and after that load of bs I can promise you I never will. It was handled in a very untactful manner.

You'll be missing out on the very best parts available for the MKA.  Also, Firebird's customer service is top notch.  I've purchased several FB products and have used their gunsmithing services.  I've had several conversations with the FB employees, including Nanci, who is a very nice lady who's willing to go out of her way to help customers.

Jim obviously feels like he's been wronged by the other company.  Why does everybody want to just dismiss his assertions that his ideas were ripped off?  FB's products were first to market and some of the other products that followed from other companies looks just like them.  I don't personally know anyone who works for FB, but when I first saw some of the products that were available for the MKA, I thought to myself, "How is it they are so similar?"

Jim's posts are not slanderous or degrading.  He merely showed the differences between his products and the other company's.  If the truth hurts, stop reading.

Good Post !!  I agree, alot of people really blew this out of proportion.  If you take it for what it is, you will see that millions of companies do it everyday, from car manufacturers to electronics companies.  As far as competition in this MKA marketplace, I think that is good also, buy whatever product YOU feel meets your needs, wants and budget.  Personally speaking, I have always been able to reach Firebird and speak to whoever I needed to if I had a question and I know they stand behind their products 100%.  On to bigger and better things anyway, as it seems these two companies have come to an understanding and they have decided to move on too.

I haven't purchased any FB parts and after that load of bs I can promise you I never will. It was handled in a very untactful manner.

You'll be missing out on the very best parts available for the MKA.  Also, Firebird's customer service is top notch.  I've purchased several FB products and have used their gunsmithing services.  I've had several conversations with the FB employees, including Nanci, who is a very nice lady who's willing to go out of her way to help customers.

Jim obviously feels like he's been wronged by the other company.  Why does everybody want to just dismiss his assertions that his ideas were ripped off?  FB's products were first to market and some of the other products that followed from other companies looks just like them.  I don't personally know anyone who works for FB, but when I first saw some of the products that were available for the MKA, I thought to myself, "How is it they are so similar?"

Jim's posts are not slanderous or degrading.  He merely showed the differences between his products and the other company's.  If the truth hurts, stop reading.