Legion IZ-433 Saiga 12 Handguard Retainer Issue

First of all, let me say hello and say this is my first post here.

Short back story - I think I made some rookie mistakes with my first venture into Saiga shotguns.  I am starting to think my first mistake was purchasing a Legion IZ-433...but I can't change that now.  Anyway, I wanted to change the hand guard and add a rail system...turns out, no one makes a rail system for the IZ-433 Type 030.  Well, not releasing that, I Dremelled off my retainer and now factory handguard won't stay in place.  Yes, I am an ass, but does anyone here have any solutions for me, as the gun is basically unusable at this point?  

This is my first issue, there are others but I need to get this fixed first!  Thanks in advance!  - Jon 

Ouch.

Is Legion not shipping these with an owner's manual?  As you may have already figured out at this point, the gas tube is removable and it holds the hand guard retainer in position.  Please post some photos and send me a PM if you're interested in having me try to fix it.

IZ-433's are one of the best Saiga shotguns you can buy (at least the foundation for one) and I'm sure it can be fixed up the way you want it.  

Leland

This is my first issue, there are others but I need to get this fixed first!  Thanks in advance!  - Jon 

Do what Leland has asked; photos and then a quote.  My curiosity has peaked, what else needs fixing? 

Has anyone tried installing the Chaos Vepr-12 Quad rail on these models?  This might have been the first and only option.  Unfortunately for Jon even if it does work you still would need that retainer.    

Thanks for the response...I will take some pictures and post them...basically the photos are going to show the lower handguard retainer totally cut...so I need to either find a replacement or have one milled...I contacted Legion but never heard back from them. I will PM those that offered to help.

• 3 months later...