I never used my real name on fb or any of my free email accounts.  I never gave any personal information.  I never gave my birthday.  I never gave my employer.  I never gave my school.  I never gave my home town.

But even so I realized that I could still be tracked by my wife and family (who all spew personal information on fb).  And when a coworker announced on fb where I work I deleted the account.

Edited by Darth Saigus

I used to let that place drive me crazy, arguing all the time. The problem is that no one on there will ever change their mind because you said something, whether its backed up by 1000 reputable corroborations or not.  They just want to yell at each other.

Time is much better spent on working grass roots efforts in person, locally. 

Glad you're happy to be out.

• Like 1

Time is much better spent on working grass roots efforts in person, locally. 

Or just watching grass grow...

95% of the time my fiance starts a conversation with "Facebook" in the first sentence I know the rest of it is going to be bitching... Bitching about some long lost friend doing something, bitching about what her extended family is doing, bitching about someone spoiling an episode of a TV show, bitching about someone's politics, etc, etc, etc...

I can and do bitch plenty enough without seeking out new ways of getting pissed off... I have no clue why anyone "socially networks" outside of straight up professional networking (linked in does have a very, very, small amount of value if you're job hunting).
  • Like 1

Problem with FB is people get nasty. During the post-Newtown gun talk, I got into a FB argument with a friend of mine who wanted to see a new AWB, mag limits, UBCs - all of it. He refused to acknowledge any of my points, started calling me an idiot and a baby killer - shit he would NEVER say to my face. I almost got in my car to drive the hour it would take to ask him to say those things to my face, but I know what kind of person he is, and I know he would probably have slammed the door on me and called the cops, because he thinks gun owners are crazy. Have not seen him since, but my wife has and he has not even apologized.

DB

If you mean me, please post the url for it -- it would greatly surprise me since I have never dealt with facebook or any other social site (other than this).  I have never felt the need for faux fame or limelight.

Edit -- just did a google search for "odd man out" facebook and a number of hits came up -- interesting!  None of them are me. 

Edited by Odd Man Out

What's this Facebook you speak of?   haha.gif

Oh yeah that's that company that produces nothing that everyone lined up to buy stock in.....How's that working out?

FB may not "produce" anything tangible, but they provide a service that literally billions of people use.

Their inability to actually harness that to create a viable stock, is another issue.. Once people are on FB, they're on it. You can't really grow the product a whole lot, other than to tack on advertisements and drive users away.

I guess they'll just have to wait for more children to grow up and JOIN US.

...truth is I can't stand the place, but there's a lot of people I would've completely lost track of if it wasn't for FB.

I use facebook to post pics of my guns, fish I catch, local gun trader pages, and to promote pro freedom views. I dont worry about getting tracked or spied on since theres nothing I can do about that anyways.

I like FB.  Unlike most though, my friend list is VERY limited.  Family and close friends.  No teenagers or even young adults.  I don't give a fuck how drunk you got last night.  Don't use my real name and now that you guys have mentioned it, I'mma go right now and ditch the wife and kids.

It has served me well since my family lives a couple states away from old friends and family.

What's this Facebook you speak of? haha.gif

Oh yeah that's that company that produces nothing that everyone lined up to buy stock in.....How's that working out?

FB may not "produce" anything tangible, but they provide a service that literally billions of people use.

Their inability to actually harness that to create a viable stock, is another issue.. Once people are on FB, they're on it. You can't really grow the product a whole lot, other than to tack on advertisements and drive users away.

I guess they'll just have to wait for more children to grow up and JOIN US.

...truth is I can't stand the place, but there's a lot of people I would've completely lost track of if it wasn't for FB.

I guess I just don't get it the whole idea of it....I guess I'm not narcissistic enough to understand..... As far as keeping up with folks..the people I want to keep up with I still do. The rest meh.....

Never had an account and never will. I prefer my anonymity.

Edited by sccritterkiller

Wow Odd Man Out DB was right you are paranoid I guess...LOL

He was talking about me. Well yeah they must have turned it back on for me partway but apparently still unable to post anything LOL like that really hurts my wuttle feewings...LOL. 

Awwww  haha.gif

post-1293-0-89119000-1380929971_thumb.jpg

Wow Odd Man Out DB was right you are paranoid I guess...LOL

He was talking about me. Well yeah they must have turned it back on for me partway but apparently still unable to post anything LOL like that really hurts my wuttle feewings...LOL. 

Awwww  haha.gif

attachicon.gifFacebook Block LOL.JPG

Not paranoid (not at least that I'll admit to, you never know who is watching... ;  ) but just using logic since the response was right after my entry.

Problem with FB is people get nasty. During the post-Newtown gun talk, I got into a FB argument with a friend of mine who wanted to see a new AWB, mag limits, UBCs - all of it. He refused to acknowledge any of my points, started calling me an idiot and a baby killer - shit he would NEVER say to my face. I almost got in my car to drive the hour it would take to ask him to say those things to my face, but I know what kind of person he is, and I know he would probably have slammed the door on me and called the cops, because he thinks gun owners are crazy. Have not seen him since, but my wife has and he has not even apologized.

Thats exactly what FB is about, outside friends and family keeping in contact. That asswipe doesnt sound like a friend. Wait patiently, guaranteed he will need you/your help in he future. Payback is a bitch.

Edited by Remek

FB is like going to a convenience store. You find a thing or two you are looking for, but little of substance.

Argue with people on FB? WTF for? That shit is so high school and makes everyone involved look like a fucking idiot. I save all my arguing for gun forums!!! 018.gif 

• Like 3

I stopped actively talking to people on fb about 2 mo ago, then fb started sending me annoying emails trying to get me to log on. I refuse to be pushed around by a company that needs me to participate to fill its bankroll. Next time i log on, ill deactivate the account.

Fuck those bastards.

• Like 2