Here's some mid barrel comps ready to install

Just a few pics of some comps ready to install, also a vid, not of the comp necessarily, just a practice run, but it does show nicely how well it works.  We also have some real testing vids on our you tube channels showing the numbers.  ENJOY !  

post-43678-0-64101900-1380902880_thumb.jpg

post-43678-0-05800400-1380902924_thumb.jpg

post-43678-0-86747200-1380902959_thumb.jpg

post-43678-0-66750700-1380903013_thumb.jpg

Is this user installable

It does require you to port your barrel. So your question would depend on whether or not you have a mill or access to a mill. It could be done but we would recommend you either have us install it or your local gunsmith. Also if the user installs the comp it would be harder to diagnose any reliability issues if anything would arise due to misplacement. That being said I am sure we could work up a template that could be used.

Thanks Jim. The black ones shown are anodized smile.png

I'll be looking at the testing videos later, unless they are the prototype vids you showed earlier. I like that there are no sharp edges to snag on everything.

Those would be the same as before, we haven't made any internal changes since the gen 4 test, which is this comp. We just streamlined it some from those initial tests.  You can see it in action on the "Joshua practicing at home", not really intended to be a demo video, but it does show it pretty good.

I have a mill and the Firebird comp I bought didn't come with a port pattern

so I never installed it

We used 10 holes per side .125" in a cluster of 3 rows .175" ctc, rows offset by 50%

It should be noted that some barrels will produce a lower overall pressure than others  QC seems to vary quite a bit.

This means some barrels will not allow the gun to cycle after porting and is also why some guns will run lower power loads than others.

Altering the gas ports can mask this issue, but will also induce others.

A porting fixture is the best way to do this, even in a mill a .125  EM will try to walk on the radius.

Brownells sells simple fixtures that can be used

I made ours from tool steel and heat treated them for long life and accurate hole location.

Due to the QC issues in the barrels, I am not porting at this time.

If you are going to port one, I would be conservative with the number of ports and see how it works.

Jim

post-18007-0-13356000-1380925552_thumb.jpg