Has anyone had any problems holding zero when changes brands of 6.8 ammo?

I had a bunch of SSA 110 gr sierra pro hunter that I have been using for hunting for years. I am getting down to my last couple hundred rounds and due to the current state of the market I can't replace it...I found some Hornady VMax 110 gr so I picked up 5 boxes thinking it would be pretty close..We it's not at all...my gun is zeroed for the SSA and when I use the Hornady it hits about 3" to the right and 6" down @ 100 yds. Both hold 3" groups, it's just the Hornady is off zero compared to the SSA. It seems to be a large difference for what appears to be similar rounds...All this was shot out of 16" YHM barrel with 6 groove 1x10 twist....Scope/mount is not loose running a Bobro QD mount and it was the first thing I checked. 

Just wondering if anyone else has had this experienced with such a big difference with similar bullet weights with this caliber. I would expect this difference with different bullets weights but not as much of a difference with bullets of the same weight....I don't reload so my knowledge on this subject is limited. I'm trying to find some replacement ammo that does not require me to reset zero for every brand. Is this caliber just finicky? Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

sc

one never knows, till one shoots it...  there is no surprise there... bullet shape, powder weight, type, charge, etc... overall length, etc... all variales that can affect POI changes.  3" and 6" seems a bit much... but if it groups well, adjust and go with that from now on.

:smoke:

Vertical makes sense enough to me, but is bigger than I would expect.The shift to the right is strange. 

What would explain that from one similar load to another? I could see heat shifting the pattern as the gun warms up or wider groups, but why equal sized patterns offset horizontally?

I am by no means an expert long range shooter, and haven't done much loading for long range rifle rounds so I am genuinely curious.

The shift horizontally is because the barrel vibrates and the other ammo throws the bullet out if the barrel when the barrel is pointed in that direction. Anything can happen to bullets if they are not identical. Diff ammo manufacturers have diff powders and primers and such, that changes barrel harmonics, the change in barrel harmonics can change point of impact in any direction, not just vertical, vertical is usually change in powder volume.

Thanks guys! I tested it again and got the same results so it has to be the difference in manufacturers. My search for ammo will continue. The SSA worked again this weekend...made a nice head shot on a 150# sow @125 yds...dropped her like a bag of hammmers. I do love some free range organic pork! I'm going to keep cyber stalking SSA until they get some more of the Seirra Pro back in stock. They haven't sold cases in a while...guess I will have to get it by the box.