https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AR4WmfiPWI

and this

http://www.wtsp.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=2654049258001

Dude in the first vid was found 1/2 mile down the road, dead as hell, with his three kids in the car! (all ok) Cop was shot in the side but survived. Surprised no one in the lead car in the second vid was hit... lots of glass flying before they stopped. Could not pay me enough to be a cop... I can predict fire a WHOLE lot more than people.

The first one is more alarming than the second.  I expect that behavior from predators (who would have been stopped or even deterred if guns were legal in CA).  The first one though, the guy was ready.  I don't know the whole story, but it looks scarey.

• Like 1

In the second video, I'm surprised more officers didn't pull out long guns. The driver of the Charger looked like he was in a good position to pull a shotgun or rifle, either from between the seats or the trunk. Nice they had a shield in the car, too.

I would have lit the first guy up hard core wayyyyyy before the cop did.  Dudes posture screamed I'mma shoot yo azz...

Dude, were I that LEO, I'd have either (i) hit reverse quick and put some distance between us if I couldn't easily get my rifle out; or (ii) come out guns blazing the second he opened the door with that hood on.  I guess (ii) would be difficult to explain, but I wouldn't have sat there and waited for him to get ready.

Dude in OR was a reservist, construction engineer. They believe he drove down the highway a bit before offing himself.

The thing that gets me about that video is that the young cop still is addressing him as "sir" even as he draws and points his piece at him.

I agree that the first one is more disturbing. I wonder what that was all about... The dead guy's aggression was way out of scale for a speeding ticket. Fortunately that area is not populated, and the angles of fire were mostly into rock wall and the K rail or pavement, not the other lanes of traffic.

I hope the cop is OK.

The second video had an awful lot of shooting. Could you guys tell whether the first shots were into the cop car or through the window outward?

Here's an initial story http://www.statesmanjournal.com/article/20130830/UPDATE/130830009/Details-released-Thursday-s-trooper-involved-shooting-near-Dalles-84