Well I bought years ago and finally decided to start a thread on my S12.

Here she is new

DSCN3779.jpg

DSCN3781.jpg

My first change was the forend.

0202121951.jpg

My conversion Parts from CSS

20131004_111956_zps2166783d.jpg

Most of my conversion stuff, need to find key for tool box with my autoplug and other tac47 plug in

20131004_112039_zps272870d8.jpg

Here she is before I started the conversion last night

20131004_121753_zpsc179c02c.jpg

Getting ready to do some touch up paint

20131005_211329_zps0d0c56ed.jpg

new trigger and trigger guard installed, had some issue getting the safety lever installed but I eventually got it.

20131005_222112_zps794b62c0.jpg

20131005_222121_zps498015eb.jpg

20131005_222135_zpsb7ff78be.jpg

Testfitting the CSS AR stock adapter, still need to decide which stock I want to use with it.

20131005_222525_zps2ddef8a9.jpg

20131005_222534_zpse56f7115.jpg

And in its current stage untill I figure out stock

20131005_230248_zps93e837f7.jpg

20131005_230240_zps184d200d.jpg

• Like 2

I liked it too when I got it.  I like having the grip and rail area.  Not going mall ninja on it.  Might get a light on it, but not sure.

Now that I know what I'm doing and not on a time crunch late @ night I might tear into it again and do some touchup painting and stuff.

Edited by montec

What stock is going on there. If you get one with a cleaning kit pocket, I think you should pack the cleaning kit with survival matches to go with the importer mark rash. Turn that patch into a feature.

• Like 1

What stock is going on there. If you get one with a cleaning kit pocket, I think you should pack the cleaning kit with survival matches to go with the importer mark rash. Turn that patch into a feature.

It will be some AR style.  Not sure which one yet.

About damn time you got it done.  I should have brought some parts up for you when I flew up the other day.  Was the furthest thing from my mind.  I still need to do my TAC47 Trigger guard on my baby. 

Yeah I know.  Should have been done when I bough it.  But I bought a deer rifle instead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm glad I went with the Hogue grip as it is much more comfortable than the SAW I ordered from CSS. I decided to try one of each. You will like the Hogue too. Although the SAW grip isn't as soft, it is a nice fit for my mutant hands. Will change it out sometime. What kind of optic is that?

I'm glad I went with the Hogue grip as it is much more comfortable than the SAW I ordered from CSS. I decided to try one of each. You will like the Hogue too. Although the SAW grip isn't as soft, it is a nice fit for my mutant hands. Will change it out sometime. What kind of optic is that?

Ever try a US Palm?  I put one on my SGL21 and never looked back, it's been on every AK I've had since then including my SGL12.  Really comfortable and a little storage too!

The optic is sightmark. so far it has help up fine I think.  I bought it for I think $30 sometime in the last 3yrs. http://www.sightmark.com/products/reflex-sights/sure-shot-black-sm13003b

looking @ possibly this one for the 30-30

0000000084412.jpg

http://www.sightmark.com/products/reflex-sights/ultra-shot-reflex-sight-sm13005

• 2 years later...

Oh I got a MD-20 my wife doesn't know about.

20140411_071657_zpsbrzqewrk.jpg

20140411_071725_zpsxk8rfa9d.jpg

I also picked up one of these slings now I just need to get a QD attachment for the stock and a new attachment point on the rail.  It doesn't fit around my bulky sling attachment point I bought years ago.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/lapg-2-1-point-sling.html#qa

• Like 1

Do you have any feeding issues? Failure to ejects(FTE)?

I believe I did haven't had it out recently to do more testing.

Well just as a bit of advice, the quad handrail you have on it clamps down on the gas tube and can cause enough friction on the op rod to cause FTEs. I know this because that was also my first handrail for my Saiga12.

Do you have any feeding issues? Failure to ejects(FTE)?

I believe I did haven't had it out recently to do more testing.

Well just as a bit of advice, the quad handrail you have on it clamps down on the gas tube and can cause enough friction on the op rod to cause FTEs. I know this because that was also my first handrail for my Saiga12.

I have not had any issues with the rail installed. I had some ftf with the md20. I've had the rail on since Feb 2012. I got it from smartbomb, he provided insight to be careful on how tight you put it on.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I guess I forgot to include my list of parts I ordered for my conversion

TRIGGER GUARD-CAROLINA SAIGA 12 BOLT ON

TRIGGER GROUP- MODIFIED SAIGA/VEPR FIRE CONTROL GROUP

M4 STYLE COLLAPSIBLE STOCK ADAPTER "COMMERCIAL SIZE" ALUMINUM TUBE

TRIGGER GROUP HOLE PLUGS FOR SAIGA CONVERSIONS

AXIS PIN RETAINING PLATE FOR THE SAIGA 12

BRAKE LOCK NUT FOR SAIGA/VEPR 12- RUSSIAN STYLE

SAIGA 12 RUSSIAN SHORT FLASH HIDER 10 SLOT

Tapco Gas Puck

Hogue AK Grip

Magpul ACS stock

The Quad Rail is a UTG Pro(USA made)

The AFG is the airsoft MAgpul before they pulled the line due to China cloaning and selling them.

Edited by montec