8M3 Herter's 122gr HP

I picked up three boxes of Herter's 122gr HP 7.62x39 at Cabela's today. It was just a whim, I doubted I would find 8M3 in a box of Tula, and Herter's is just repackaged Tulammo.

Opened the boxes, and all three of them have 8M3 bullets. The hollow point opening is very large compared to WPA HP that I have, and each bullet has the three pre-fail cuts inside the bullet nose.

I've never heard of 8M3 being in Tula before, but there it is.

Just FYI in case any of you have thought about ordering some of the bulk loads of Herter's from Cabela's. You might get a nice surprise if you do.

• 3 weeks later...

I was just at a local store and saw tula 124gr hp's.  Since I check just about every hp thats 124 grains (almost always to be dissapointed), I took a closer look at the inside of the tip.  Holy shit, prefail cuts!!  When I took them home and inspected them against a real sapson 8m3, they were the exact same.  Happy day.  Maybe these projectiles are being used again, just not by wolf MC.

Edited by Boomsick42

Better fragmentation or expansion, with the cuts?

Are the 8M3 bullets boat-tail? I know that Tulammo doesn't use boat-tail but, I bought another case anyway.

Found this interesting (to me) comparison pic. In my mind, it shows why wolf black-box accuracy sucks.

It's basically tail-heavy.

Anyway, I was trying to research 8M3.

post-38865-0-83233300-1383021874_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sim_Player

The 8m3s are not a boat tail bullet.  

Do the cuts help?  Im my own tests with one gallon water jugs, hell yea they do. Where a regular hp blows them up, the 8m3 really shreds them.  

Your right about the wolf's accuracy.  Ive always had good luck with the tula hps but the wolf hps have less than impressive over the last couple years.