Bulgarian Krink 545 SBR Opinions Please.....

I have a bulgie 545 that I had put together a few years ago that was from a mint unnasemmbled kit.

Tax stamp done and gun runs 100%.

My priorities in life have changed and i am looking to get rid of a few things and start some new ventures.

Question #1: Should I demill and sell as a parts kit. I am in PA and am thinking the NFA portion of it may limit my respective sales oppurtunities.

Question #2: What are the complete kits going for? Noting was ground on or hack. Everything is mint.....

Question #3: Should I leave as is and install fake suppressor to make it a normal rifle?

Any other ideas???

Thanks for the help, I will post some pics tonight:)

post-5780-0-86242600-1381339383_thumb.jpg

post-5780-0-93557900-1381339504_thumb.jpg

Edited by 73cj5

Question #3: Should I leave as is and install fake suppressor to make it a normal rifle?

I am not sure if that is legal, I would look into it before you try it.  I would suggest trying to sell it as is, doesn't cost much to list on Gun Broker or you could try various internet forums.

From my understanding if a barrel extension is permanently attached, it is no longer a SBR and noted as such in the registry. A letter would have to be mailed in for documentation. It can then be transferred as a title 1 firearm.

Anyone else ever run into this????

I'd say hold onto it. From my understanding no more kits to be imported,barrels are rare as hens teeth.

Value only to go up.

Easier faster sale if you add barrel extent ion and have it removed/changed from NFA registry. Don't know if it would add or take away value. Others with more experience/ knowledge could tell you for sure.

if it was me here is the route I would take, I would try to sell it as a NFA within your state, PA is a big state, you're lucky in that there is a Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association discussion board with a market forum. a class 3 dealer  doesn't have to get involve in this transfer, so that eliminates the first transfer tax of 200 dollars and speeds up the process,  the form 4 transfer can be done between  the both of you.

if that fails, time limit on how long you want to keep it on the market as a NFA is up to you.  then I would  write the NFA branch and have it removed from the registry and weld on a fake silencer on it and sell it as a title 1 firearm.  

BTW, I also  bought a pieces and parts 74u back in 02 or 03  and had it built as a SBR. but instead of what everybody else was doing, modifying a AKM receiver for the 74.  I used a OOW 74 receiver. they were the only ones making those. bought brand new soviet 74u furniture for it

3284extended_krink_with_45_rd_mag.jpg

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

Why is anything limited in Pa? I'm in Pa and bought my x39 Krink from another Pa resident.

I'm just  trying to make it easier for the  person to sell his NFA item

if a private person sells his NFA item  to someone in another state, then he would have to form 4 that firearm to a class 3 dealer there. and someone has to pay that first transfer tax, either the buyer or seller, it certainly won't be the  class 3 dealer.

then when the form 4 comes back, now it's close to 8 months for that to happen, he then mails that NFA item to the class 3 dealer.  then the class 3 dealer has to transfer that NFA item to the buyer on a form 4, buyer pays the 200 dollar tax, and has to wait probably another 8 months for the approval to come back, then he also pays the class 3 dealer a transfer fee. usually for NFA items class 3 dealers charge 50 or 100 bucks for that.

if I was looking for a SBR, I certainly wouldn't be looking to purchase a SBR from a private individual in another state, and wait a year and half to finial say "it's mine"

if he sells it to someone in his own state, then they can transfer the NFA between themselves on a form 4, saving money and a lot of time, as  no dealer has to be involved since it's a intrastate transfer and not a interstate transfer.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

You cant just add an extension and volia its a title 1.

You must notify the NFA thats its being removed and most likely need to submit picture and may even need to have it inspected.

I had a friend that sells title 2 weapons and got on transfer an ar15. It was an lwrc 10" 6.8. The forms said it was a 556 it took two months to get that straightened out and they had to take pictures several times each time they submitted a pic the NFA needed some other useless measurement like stock closed stock extended pictures with tape messure.

You cant just add an extension and volia its a title 1.

nobody here has said or even remotely implied that.  read the post, we all said you would have to notify NFA you want it off the registry. now how they want you to go about that, I'm sure they would tell you.