Well, I haven't sold any, and am probably swayed by sentiment. I pretty much only have things I want to keep though. I don't buy guns lightly either, so I don't have stuff that doesn't get used.

That said, I hope I will be smart enough that if I get a golden offer, I let mind trump emotions and sell. Then I can buy more and better when markets fluctuate. If it's not an heirloom, highly customized, or a grandfathered rarity, it is a replaceable commodity. It is a nice tool, but in the end it is a thing, and it can be replaced with other things. I've got my dad's problem- I drive a hard bargain as a shopper, and tend to want to offer the same low price as a seller, while knowing I should ask for more. So I just don't sell. 

I've been offered a couple times on my IZ-108 for fair prices (including this afternoon), but I like what it is, that I'd have to be offered a high price to sell it unless I am in dire straights. I would sell all my guns before defaulting on a debt though. Guns are important, but they aren't in the same category as a good conscience, or a good name, or food.

I wouldn't hesitate to trade in my HP 995 on a Ruger PC9 or Sub2K, etc, if the opportunity came up though. No sentimentality tied up in that. It does it's job pretty well, but so could other guns. I like my 9mm pistol, but would consider it tradeable if I hadn't bought it from my grandfather. I've nearly given away my NEF to my aunt a couple times and may still do that. I actually like it, but I would like her to have a better gun, and she is comfortable with break actions.

• Like 1

I don't know why Chevy killed off the s10 series. The Colorado has to be the cheapest trucks I've been in. Ford killed off the ranger as well. Kinda sucks. I've maybe gotta a project car idea. A joined t effort between me and a buddy. Air cooled vw but stuffing a 2.5 turbo subaro motor in it if we can find a donor at the scrap yard. If not well go the the other way and pick up a carbed 5.7l. He's got two other vws to resto first. The fiancee thinks she wants to move to new Hampshire to be closer to her god son so well see what happens. Shit I thought about buying a Honda del Sol or a moats for a v8 conversion as well.

And then I start buying ammo instead.

A Bugeroo!!!! Go for it! They're pretty cool!

-------------

To all the guys selling/trading...Cool, whatever works for you! I just can't think of a better place to have my money tied up than in guns...

• 2 weeks later...

I have never sold a gun.  I have a pump action that needs some real gunsmithing love to ever function correctly, but it was the first weapon I ever obtained,  Grandpa sold it to me.  

That said, I purchased a Ruger SR40c over a year ago.  I dont know how well I like it, and I am going to replace it with an XDM40. Once I replace it I will most likely not sell the Ruger, but it will sit in the safe for ever and a half.  

By the way, I had a 91 Camaro with a 383 Stoker, high duration cam, carbed edelbrock intake, and 3 inch straight-pipes.  I loved crushing Stangs.  :) I also had a 1979 Firebird T/a with a Pontiac 400.  I kick myself for selling these every single day!  

Now, I have to say, my 96 Cummins is far more fun, more powerful, and gets much better fuel economy.

^^^ nothing wrong with keeping. I do much the same, but I am also a stickler for maintenance. Even if I dont use it, it gets maintenance. Something my mind that got instilled in me as a young child.

I keep most stuff, and in particular, fishing equipment and firearms.

By the way, I had a 91 Camaro with a 383 Stoker, high duration cam, carbed edelbrock intake, and 3 inch straight-pipes.  I loved crushing Stangs.  smile.png I also had a 1979 Firebird T/a with a Pontiac 400.  I kick myself for selling these every single day!  

Now, I have to say, my 96 Cummins is far more fun, more powerful, and gets much better fuel economy.

You should have kept that Cammy!!! Sounds like a sweet ride... My BFF (seriously... 28 years now... if that doesn't deserve that teeny-bopper moniker nothing does.... I have referred to him as my hetero-litfe-mate and my girl calls him my "boyfriend") had an '86 Z-28 with a 383 and an a shift kit... That thing would move the mail!

He also as a '96 12v Cummins Dodge, which is the most impressive pulling rig I've ever seen without needing a CDL... That said... I'll lay my title down to my 200hp '91 Fox vs. your Cummins in the 1320 right now! :)

He also has a '68 Chevelle SS 396 'vert that won't keep up with my 200hp Fox... :)

^^^ nothing wrong with keeping. I do much the same, but I am also a stickler for maintenance. Even if I dont use it, it gets maintenance. Something my mind that got instilled in me as a young child.

I keep most stuff, and in particular, fishing equipment and firearms.

Maintenance is a must... In fact, I'm due for my annual oiling of the safe friends...

Fishing? Shit... Any good boot knife has a fishing kit in it.. Just add stick... Firearms? I hear you! :)

I have a serious fly fishing habit (though its on hold til the kids get older) as well as offshore fishing habit (which I also use fly rods occasionally).  The gear can run in the same range of cost of firearms.

I love fishing!

• Like 1

^ +1 on the tackle maintenance. Every winter see's a couple weekends of me breaking down and cleaning and oiling all reels, re-stringing with fresh line and a good Q-tip cleaning of all rod eyes. Also go through all the tackle boxes and repair lures when needed.

Worst thing in the world is loosing a good fish because of poorly maintained tackle.

Can you tell I love fishing too.

• Like 1

I buy and sell when a deal comes along on something have always wanted. Unfortunatley, I'm not wealthy so I can only afford so many firearms, and can't keep all of them. I do however have enough that my wife and each of or kids will have both a rifle and pistol to protect themselves when the SHTF.

By the way most of you probably already know Classic has some 7.62 in stock.

Edited by liberty -r- death