Feeding Issue with Factory 8 Rnd VEPR 12 Magazine

Hello,

Has anyone encountered feeding issues with VEPR 12 8 round factory magazines?  My 5 round mags feed everything.  It does not matter what type of ammo is used, it jams.  I waited to long to contact Atlantic about this issue.  Kind of screwed myself.  To much going on lately.  I did verify that the follower does not hang-up on the mag. Follower seems smooth when it is installed in magwell too.

Believe it or not it is the factory 8 round mag.  I purchased them from Atlantic in February. I sent Atlantic and email today and they also said they never heard of issues with 8 round factory.  It did this on two separate range trips.  I also had issues with SGM 10 and 12 round mags.  I diagnosed both had sticking magazine followers.  I have to send them back to SGM.  The 8 round factory followers seem smooth both in and out of the gun.  I thought maybe it was a week mag spring.  I also thought it may be the gun, but it does great with 5 rounder.  I think i put around 100 rounds through the gun.  I can see if I can make a video.  I shoot at my brothers house and deer season is going on now.  He doesn't like me spooking the deer with gun shots.  I was hoping someone encountered this in the past and had some insight.

My 1st Izhmash magwell mag that I got was new, sealed in wrap it did not have the metal feed lips piece.  Luckily I noticed it right away because I tried loading it immediately.  I purchased it from this e-store & they replaced it thankfully.

I have heard that some are looser than others or don't lock in as high but have not heard of any feed issues until now.

These mags are too $$$ to have any issues.  I hope you get it resolved.

Do you personally know anyone else with a VEPR12 to test it in theirs to see if the magazine is universally messed up or just something with your gun? If not, and you are moderately trusting of people, you could contact one of our more reputable members/vendors who are ghn knowledgeable and see if you could send it to them for some assistance. Not volunteering him, but someone like Cobra who is well known and respected as well as very knowledgeable.

Ladies, less yappin' and more pictures/videos please. We need pics of the magazine, point of error following your replicated issue, and questionable parts of your vepr 12 that may not be functioning correctly. There are more than one possible causes to a symptom, and we need to diagnose it correctly.

Edited by DresNightfire

If you have an optic mounted that is probably your problem. Take it off and try it.

You're right, in 99,99% this helps. Optic if present must be maximum back on the rail. Even red dot placed instead of rear sight it cause of one issue to every 600-800 rounds, proved by guys from Open Molot team.

• Like 1

What is the best way to upload a video?   I looked over the forum and could not find any good information on how to get a video onto the forum.   I hand cycled the gun and got the same results.  I took two different 5 round magazines and they cycled fine.  The factory 8 had feed issues.  What I noticed is that back side of the round falls down and the front goes up.  When the back side of the round goes down, the bolt hold-open rides over the round and locks the bolt back.

What is the best way to upload a video?   I looked over the forum and could not find any good information on how to get a video onto the forum.   I hand cycled the gun and got the same results.  I took two different 5 round magazines and they cycled fine.  The factory 8 had feed issues.  What I noticed is that back side of the round falls down and the front goes up.  When the back side of the round goes down, the bolt hold-open rides over the round and locks the bolt back.

youtube!