Introduction & Proposal: Want to shoot tomorrow? (SE PA)

While I've met a couple people off this forum cold turkey....i can say that I've learned my lesson and I stay back anymore.

He would of had better luck going to the forum in my sig line. Lots of Philly people

Maybe they were just surprised that you don't look like your avatar.

Ya.... i get that alot. Probably why I keep the "male" thing right under the photo. I'd change it but its identifiable and she gets a kick outta the fact that i'm using it.

(HPD: Thanks again for the support... To tell you the truth, which I didn't think I was shy about at the time but I want to be extra clear, I did that for the NRA/GOA and our cause as 2A supporters. I wasn't trying to aggrandize myself with S12 members, I was trying to put my 2A money toward the best use possible [swelling the ranks and maybe bringing in some new blood to those orgs]. I am now, as I was in the past, completely delighted to hook you [and any others that took me up on my offer] up with a membership. I hope you've enjoyed the magazines [it's my favorite day of the month with American Rifleman shows up in my mailbox] and the sense that you've contributed to the cause [because you did... I didn't want to just cut the orgs yet another check, I wanted MEMBERS... I couldn't have gotten that without guys like you!] and I hope you are in a place where you can now continue your own support of those orgs!)

PS.... I got your gift renewal info in the mail a couple of months ago and didn't do a thing with it. If you still want to help, but can't, I'll do it for you again. Send me a PM and it's done.

PPS... I still want to take an AK cruise... If I get that far north you had better believe we're gonna have a beer at some port. If we get time to shoot, all the better... Guns are on you (I'm not even going to try to fly, then take a cruise, with a bunch of guns) ammo is on me!

------------

Wow... I intentionally took a couple of days away from this thread just to let this cool down... I felt like a real dick for rubbing a newbie the wrong way and thought I did what I could to correct that. I have honestly spent at least 2-3 hours of idle mental time feeling bad about it and hoping he accepted my last apology... Guess the mods took care of that for me!!! smile.png

I've already learned that challenging forum management is a bad idea... Flat out daring one to ban your ass is like dumping chum in the water. I'm wondering what the drag race was like to ban him after that.

For the record, I don't have kids and I'm not a child beater... I have spanked a child before and we damn well didn't have ice cream afterward.

Edited by Maxwelhse
  • Like 1

Wow, wtf was that dude's real problem.  Maxwellhse is one of the coolest cats I've come across in this forum.  I just caught up on this today. Hi y'all!

I assure you that the list is long with people that would disagree with you. Thanks though! :)

• Like 1

Well Max, like the best of us you can sometimes come across as a bit of an ass - and if people can't deal with that, tough shit.

I take that as a true compliment and I thank you for it... I've been told more than once that I'm an acquired taste and come off as MORE than a bit of an ass. I assure you, that's seldom my intention, just my misguided personality. I'm blunt, often harsh, and frequently engage my mouth before my brain. I think by most definitions that makes me a moron and an asshole. ;)

That said, I'm always down to try to do the right thing and help a friend in need. Despite how it may have read, that really is what I was trying to do for the OP and would try to do for just about anyone on here. If you're participating on this forum, you're 90% likely to be "my people".

• Like 1

Well Max, like the best of us you can sometimes come across as a bit of an ass - and if people can't deal with that, tough shit.

I take that as a true compliment and I thank you for it... I've been told more than once that I'm an acquired taste and come off as MORE than a bit of an ass. I assure you, that's seldom my intention, just my misguided personality. I'm blunt, often harsh, and frequently engage my mouth before my brain. I think by most definitions that makes me a moron and an asshole. wink.png

That said, I'm always down to try to do the right thing and help a friend in need. Despite how it may have read, that really is what I was trying to do for the OP and would try to do for just about anyone on here. If you're participating on this forum, you're 90% likely to be "my people".

Glad you took it as it was meant. We all put our feet in our mouths now and again - I try hard to avoid stepping in shit.