Worst string of bad luck of in history

I thought this was remarkable......

Anna Mae Dickinson was eight when she lost her father and narrowly escaped death herself on the Titanic. She was 11 when she lost her Aunt Olivia in the torpedoing of the Lusitania. She was 31 when she lost her first cousin Alfred in the Hindenberg explosion. She was 37 when she lost her nephew Thomas in the bombing of Pearl Harbor.And she was 97 when her tiny apartment was shaken and battered by the collapse of the twin towers on Sptember 11, 2001.

Wow!  But look at the bright side...even though she and her immediate family had it very rough, she herself survived to live to a very old age indeed.  Her family should write a book on her life.....sounds like a very good movie.  Maybe the title could be......"Lifes Shit".  HB of CJ (old coot)

Even if its real it has nothing to do with her. Only the Titanic. Everything else is just relatives. Yea my grandfather died when I was 3, grandma when I was 9. Another grandfather when I was 18...im sure I had many ot great er relatives die whom I dont know....so what.

She survived the Titanic and her apt was shaken by ths fall of the towers, along with just about every other building within a few miles of the site

• Like 1

Worst case of bad luck I ever heard of was a Japanese guy who was injured at Hiroshima and then was being treated at a hospital in Nagasaki, two time nuke survivor.

ETA - Here is a link to Wikipedia describing the situation, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsutomu_Yamaguchi

Edited by HOG76
  • Like 1

My grandfather had the bad luck to be posted on a number of crummy ships in WWII pacific theater. His had the bad luck to break down in the middle of the pacific. Real bad luck. It made them late to be at pearl harbor. 

He later had the bad luck to see his friends get vaporized in landing craft that he wasn't assigned to.

If you want to read a great book about surviving extremely bad luck check out 'unbroken'. WWII bombardier that goes down and spends years suffering in the worst concentration camps. Fucking gnarly but a very inspiring story.

How about this guy!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yang_Kyoungjong

But this can go either way. Case of bad luck after bad luck but looking back at it all it seems that he was lucky to have survived.

"Yang Kyoungjong (c. 1920 – April 7, 1992) was a Korean soldier who fought during World War II in the Imperial Japanese Army, the Soviet Red Army, and later the German Wehrmacht.[1][2][3][4]

In 1938, at the age of 18, Yang was in Manchuria when he was conscripted into the Kwantung Army of the Imperial Japanese Army to fight against the Soviet Union. At the time Korea was ruled by Japan. During the Battles of Khalkhin Gol, he was captured by the Soviet Red Army and sent to a labour camp. Because of the manpower shortages faced by the Soviets in its fight against Nazi Germany, in 1942 he was pressed into fighting in the Red Army along with thousands of other prisoners, and was sent to the European eastern front.[1][3]

In 1943, he was captured by Wehrmacht soldiers in Ukraine during the Battle of Kharkov, and was then pressed into fighting for Germany. Yang was sent to Occupied France to fight in a battalion of Soviet prisoners of war known as the "Eastern Battalion", serving in a battalion located on the Cotentin peninsula in Normandy, located close to Utah Beach. After the D-Day landings in northern France by the Allied forces, Yang was captured by paratroopers of the United States Army in June 1944. The Americans initially believed him to be Japanese in German uniform, and he was placed in a prisoner-of-war camp in the United Kingdom. At the time, Lieutenant Robert Brewer of the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Division, reported that his regiment captured four Asians in German uniform after the Utah Beach landings, and that initially no one was able to communicate with them. Yang later emigrated from Russia to the United States, where he lived until he died in Illinois in 1992"

Edited by Arik

^^ and then that would entitle us to live off of the government and the other working people around us to pay for us and our children's food, clothing and other needs like a cell phone and satellite tv for our 50" plasmas

Well yea. You know a better way to get free shit?

Hello

As the legendary blues band Savoy Brown sang in "She Got a Ring In His Nose And a Ring On Her Hand"

"Everybody got to be unlucky sometime..."

I love that line. Hell, I love that song. I just like the damn band, for that matter.

-guido in Houston