I picked up a case of Federal 223 at Wal-Mart for $397 today.  They had several cases in stock.  What blew my mind was 440 round cases of XM855 for $199.  Wal Mart was the last place I expected to see green tips these days.

• Like 1

The cabinets were about half stocked.  They had Federal 223 20 packs that were $9.99, a bunch of x39, 40, 9mm, and more selection of shot shells than I've seen in quite some time.  I think they even had a case of x39, but I was more interested in getting the .223 as I'm getting low on that.  The only thing I wanted they didn't have was 45.  Oh and no 22LR but I have a good bunch of that and will be extremely picky on what I'll pay for it.  Now if they would get rid of the fucking 3 box limit, I'd be happy.  

They've had a black/FDE Sig AR there for a couple weeks now for $997.  Hopefully no dickheads will go out shooting people for a year or more and we can see some normal prices for a while.

The cabinets were about half stocked.  They had Federal 223 20 packs that were $9.99, a bunch of x39, 40, 9mm, and more selection of shot shells than I've seen in quite some time.  I think they even had a case of x39, but I was more interested in getting the .223 as I'm getting low on that.  The only thing I wanted they didn't have was 45.  Oh and no 22LR but I have a good bunch of that and will be extremely picky on what I'll pay for it.  Now if they would get rid of the fucking 3 box limit, I'd be happy.  

They've had a black/FDE Sig AR there for a couple weeks now for $997.  Hopefully no dickheads will go out shooting people for a year or more and we can see some normal prices for a while.

Not bad Big John! I haven't been to walmart for ammo(or anything else) in close to a year. I reload for everything but 7.62x39 so ammo buying has not been my thing. But the fact that your walmart sells guns and has ammo in stock....I am impressed! I remember when the walmarts in CA sold rifles.

The WM I shop at on Saturday had green tip and others. Even .380 and 9mm. Usually had a couple .45s as well. Bunches of .308 too. I almost thought it was back to normal. Did pick up some Winchester 12ga and stared at the nasty ass black rifles in the case which I counted 4 plus a tactical looking shotgun whose mfg I couldn't make out. Still won't sell before 8am except for the stuff on the outside shelves like shot shells and bulk pack. Prices high, but at least it's available.

I saw the XM855's in one of our local Walmarts as well. Last week I was surprised to find (4) 100 rd boxes of CCI 40 gr Minimags on the shelf. I bought (3) for $6.18/each. Afterwards, I got to thinking "it is a sad commentary on the current state of things when I pick up three boxes of .22 and feel like I just scored".

• Like 1

The cabinets were about half stocked. They had Federal 223 20 packs that were $9.99, a bunch of x39, 40, 9mm, and more selection of shot shells than I've seen in quite some time. I think they even had a case of x39, but I was more interested in getting the .223 as I'm getting low on that. The only thing I wanted they didn't have was 45. Oh and no 22LR but I have a good bunch of that and will be extremely picky on what I'll pay for it. Now if they would get rid of the fucking 3 box limit, I'd be happy.

They've had a black/FDE Sig AR there for a couple weeks now for $997. Hopefully no dickheads will go out shooting people for a year or more and we can see some normal prices for a while.

Man, your WalMart sounds awesome! The one near me only has 270, 243, and 7mm. Supposedly, people get in line at the gun counter at 6am to get in the previous night's shipment.

Also, you're from Colorado right Big John? Which WalMart are you talking about?