The simple ones work well for me, usually a pepper rub of some type. You can even use a box fan and plastic AC/Heater filters to dry the meat!!! Just layer meat between filters,and bunjee to fan, put fan in window, turn fan on and wait about 8 hours! BAM!

P.s. no replies from gaddis. I don't want any weird shit up in mah thread yo.

Well, I was all ready to help you out, but...kiss-my-ass.gif

Alton's is pretty good.  We used a cheap Wal Mart dehydrator instead of that box fan/air conditioner filter bullshit he used.

Might have to put the fruit roll-up plastic sheet in the beginning so's all the worchestershire sauce doesn't drip into the heater fan. 

And you're just lucky that I'm in a hurry and can't find that mummified labia picture that was found on the forum here (no, not by me) a few years ago. :lol:

That's what I was afraid of! LOL. I was thinking maybe wosterschire sausage soy sausage some hickory smoke flavor and maybe some cracked black pepper and garlic powder. Just got a 9 tray dehydrator. Gotta test it out!

10 oz soy sauce

10 oz worcestershire sauce

1.5 tsp liquid smoke

1.5 tsp salt

1.5 tsp black pepper

.75 cup light brn sugar

mix this up and marinade at least 8 hrs....more time makes better flavor.

this will do around 4 lbs of sliced beef.

Edited by adjc

Alright... Can someone please post some more real recipes that I can send my parents (Gaddis' posts are not allow for forwarding to the 'rents, which I hope he takes as a compliment).

4 days ago my Dad expressed an interest in trying to make jerky in their newly acquired dehydrator.

I did some research. It seems the general idea is soy sauce as a base. Add whatever else you want, then dry. The thinner and leaner the meat the less salt is needed to cure the meat. I've got venison, lamb and a roast off a steer I'm gonna cut thin on my mommas new slicer

Our dehydrator came with some recipes. PM your email I'll snap some pics and send em to you

I've got more! I have a Muslim friend from work that just slaughtered 4 lambs for some holiday or something so I got the hook up for more if I want it. Can't wait I might try some duck too... I got three buff ducks. And they are all males. Gonna pick up a couple girls I think and chop two of the boys.

I've got more! I have a Muslim friend from work that just slaughtered 4 lambs for some holiday or something so I got the hook up for more if I want it. Can't wait I might try some duck too... I got three buff ducks. And they are all males. Gonna pick up a couple girls I think and chop two of the boys.

Homie... I have 2 of the most bad ass grills on Earth and a $1000 smoker at my immediate access...

Put that on some dry ice, hop in the car/plane, and roll out here. All you can drink, all you can eat (in addition to what you bring), all the ammo you can fire (well... 22LR is off the table), and a 5 horsepower home theater (with my own popcorn machine and Lay-Z-Boy seating) is on me.

When is your plane landing?

If you hurry you can even feed the catfish in Mom and Dad's pond... They're damn near pets... I have pet them with my hand many times! :)

Edited by Maxwelhse

Eta 12 hours.

Fuck. I gotta work tomorrow. Stupid "being a positive contributor to society".

Me thinks BBQ at Max's come springtime.

I might even bring some 22LR as a gift to the host.

12 hours is a bit tight for me too! I won't be sober by then and I certainly won't have the Jeep backseat off of the guest bed! :)

F the double 2.. Bring the FOOD. I've got plenty of x39, x54R, ,45ACP and 12ga to keep the fun rolling for days. Maybe by spring time I'll have some more 22 and 9.... If I call out the rest of the local friends we've got loads of awesome stuff on tap... 44 mag, 50AE, all the .223 you want, even ,50BMG!