I say make it legal.  I think you could become a certified-druggie.  You could clean up the roads, do bottom feeder jobs no one wants, and earn money for your drugs.  Of course, no driving for you, etc., but you can have your high all you want.

Very, very nasty shit.

Of course, the "drugz is kewl" crowd had to stick their heads in...

They can have it.

If ever there was a drug that creates Zombies, this is it. Live for the addiction. Let the Demon take hold and forfeit your soul.

Legalize it and tax the fuck out of it.

You mean like some states are doing to cigs?  The state next to me the cigs cost over double what they are here and people just cross the boarder to buy.

I understand that smoking is bad for you, but I am not one to control what you ingest into your body, however I will politely ask that you don't light up around me.  I have many friends that are smokers, they dont light up unless they are outside or making sure the smoke doesn't go directly your way.  They are very polite people, unlike many others that just say fvck off.

It's killing you. You know it's killing you...you SEE it's killing you....and you want more?

WTF does it do to get such a hold on a person?

I seen where a couple sisters thought they were taking heroin and it turned out to be this instead. Didn't realize it until their arms started rotting where they injected. I'll see if I can find this article again.

People take this because it is an opiate and it is available. I don't think people typically start off using this.

"Heroin addicts" are typically just "opiate addicts." Sure, they'll take heroin - or oxycodone, or morphine, or codeine, or desomorphine, or whatever else they can get in a dose sufficient to get them high or at least quell the craving for long enough to find the next fix. Opiate addiction is ugly and horrible. This is a drug borne of desperation. People who are addicted to a drug WILL find a way to get SOMETHING that is close enough, no matter how hard governments try to make it - and even if the risks to life and limb are horrific. I've heard long-term opiate withdrawal described by addicts and former addicts in terms that make death sound preferable. The desperation to avoid that horrible state, to find a fix for the compulsion, will literally drive a person mad with need. For it is madness that drives a person to knowingly inject a substance that will rot away their very flesh.

It's pretty bad when a drug like this makes heroin look GOOD!

Concerning the "Human Condition", it also makes conventional warfare look very humane. Lots of healthy young people marching off to be dismembered or "bled out" in minutes. I would much rather go that way.

Nasty. Absolutely disgusting images.

I can't imagine the self-torture.

Edited by Sim_Player

People take this because it is an opiate and it is available. I don't think people typically start off using this.

"Heroin addicts" are typically just "opiate addicts." Sure, they'll take heroin - or oxycodone, or morphine, or codeine, or desomorphine, or whatever else they can get in a dose sufficient to get them high or at least quell the craving for long enough to find the next fix. Opiate addiction is ugly and horrible. This is a drug borne of desperation. People who are addicted to a drug WILL find a way to get SOMETHING that is close enough, no matter how hard governments try to make it - and even if the risks to life and limb are horrific. I've heard long-term opiate withdrawal described by addicts and former addicts in terms that make death sound preferable. The desperation to avoid that horrible state, to find a fix for the compulsion, will literally drive a person mad with need. For it is madness that drives a person to knowingly inject a substance that will rot away their very flesh.

Some will never understand because they have never seen it first hand.  Those of us who have, realize these people do not wish to have these horrible things happen to them, they are forever trying to keep the withdrawals at bay.    It is a circle of relief, pain, depression and desperation    only to find the relief short lived.  Every person who has ever known, been, or talked to an opiate addict can sympathize with the internal struggle they face every minute, of every day.  

When getting painfully sick is your worst fear, and its always around the corner, you will do ANYTHING to keep it from setting in.  At first they are just having fun getting high, next their very life seems to walk the razors edge between terribly ill for a week or just getting by for a couple hours.  Opiate addiction is a vicious, awful disease.  

That's the most horrific shit I've ever seen and I'm very desensitized. The dried out radius and ulna is a completely insane thing to even think about.

I smoke... I'm aware of what blackened lungs look like (and that some day it will probably kill me), but I don't get to see it every day...

WOW!

I'm still not sure if I buy it. Seriously. Sounds too much like your typical internet-based, fear-mongering urban legend. You know the type. I'd be interested in seeing some actual, you know... science, or something other than media hysteria. That might make it more believable, to me at least.

Media seems to be doing their circular-reporting thing with this story so who knows. Even if it is for real I can't see these users as being much of a threat to anyone but themselves.

At least until their hunger for human brains kicks in...

Meth has been around since our boys took the good stuff and the field expedient method of producing it back home with them after WW2.

The DEA made people change formulas of products, ban or limit certain chemicals and restrict certain items made to produce meth so they could control the production on a bigger scale. The small time dudes just went ahead and put that betadine in the mix instead of iodine and cold pills in instead of white cross trucker pills. All this did was benefit their cartel friends production of meth on an industrial scale. The smaller cooks turned to unpure chemicals and alternative methods to get the same results without the purity. THIS IS HOW METH BECAME AN EVEN BIGGER PROBLEM. More addictive and far more dangerous and destructive and even more available. Good work not enforcing the distribution and just restricting how much Iodine I can purchase at the feed shop. Honest people using regular, everyday chemicals like iodine for family and cattle cuts and scrapes were scrutinized. It was hard to find Iodine for fuck sake. Real great program that made meth worse.

Same thing happened in Russia with Opiates. They restricted it to only their buddies in the Mafia to sell it and it was expensive so some jack ass figured a way around it and made this garbage that will still get you high.

I say all drugs should be legal, It's up to you to control it. It would take the money out of the production so the availability would be lessened and the Federal Death Administration would at least have some purity and quality controls on the substances. The mafia and the CIA would loose billions along with the other industries that benefit from the drug war so it will never happen.

I fought the drug war first hand with grenades and rifles. It's all a bunch of shit and it does nothing to help our society. It helps keep people in jail, pensions paid and the feds funding for million dollar birds and IR goggles.

Legalize everything. Start up Natural selection once again.

• Like 1

I'm still not sure if I buy it. Seriously. Sounds too much like your typical internet-based, fear-mongering urban legend. You know the type. I'd be interested in seeing some actual, you know... science, or something other than media hysteria. That might make it more believable, to me at least.

Media seems to be doing their circular-reporting thing with this story so who knows. Even if it is for real I can't see these users as being much of a threat to anyone but themselves.

It's not bullshit. At least to me. I was in a hospital in Hungary where there was a man falling apart from this shit. It's called Pico or Croak. Synthetic opiates made in a bath tub. Kinda like our dirty meth. The worst one we have here in the US is the shake and bake method of producing meth. It will remove the teeth from your skull in a month and your face will start to peel away. The synthetic opiates made with industrial multi chemicals are even worse. The body pushes out toxins in the system with several organs. Your skin is the biggest organ and spews out the second most toxins. Second only to your A hole. :)

Not sure why they are paying attention to it here. Either for ratings or for promotion of the drug to youth who want to rebel.

Anytime you pay attention to a miniscule problem like this, it creates more problems by advertizing. Good or Bad, all publicity is good publicity.

It's OK with me if they're doing a "Reefer Madness" presentation on the topic. Something with the much milder side effects of METH scare me enough.

Also... The biggest hazard you deal with when dealing with a drug addict is robbery or personal damage. Meth-heads get busted all the time around here for starting fights (including shooting people or stabbing them) and home break-ins.

I personally believe that pot should be legalized (the ONLY thing I want the dems to accomplish, but they aren't concerned about a huge relief from Mexican cartel violence and a mass emptying of our prisons) and I confess I've used it before, the last time was about 12 years ago.

That is firmly where I think the train should stop though.

This shit's real!

Meth got it's big start in WWII as it was given to keep the boys awake.  Surprized that no one has started clandestine psudoephinephrine production.  It's basically dextrose fermented with a strain of yeast in the presence of some enzyme.  Really not that hard to do!  Moonshine is harder to make!

about a day after this post started, i asked two of my sisters who work at a southside chicago hospital (LPN an RN) about this. according to them, crocodile is real. i can't speak to the authenticity of the pictures, but they said it is real nasty stuff.

don't ask me, i tinker on mechanical stuff. but, man, that stuff looks horrific. regardless, my sympathy for those who do meth ranks right up with those who cut me off in traffic

• Like 1