Tromix S17 8" with SRT: having Trigger reset issues

I spent the last two days adjusting my TAC47 Auto Plug ( really like it!). Prior to today I shot a little over 300 rounds ( cleaning after each outing ). Today I began experiencing my SRT trigger sticking after about 75 rounds. I'm wondering if I've not been cleaning down in the trigger area/springs.  Anyone else having these issues?

There was lots of debris and lube on the sides and below the trigger. My bad for not cleaning this area properly. I've decided that I've been over lubing as well.

The last place I lived had a lot of find dust and sand in the wind at the place I went shooting. I eventually decided to run my guns almost dry because any lube in the guns would be an abrasive paste at the end of each range trip. maybe DI ARs benefit from being run super wet, but on the whole I think over-lubing is a fad. You need enough lube on wearing areas, but the key is "enough."  Since I moved to cleaning with gun oil then wiping down with a dry paper towel, I have found a lot less sand sticking to important bits. It blows in and back out. The magazines are most vulnerable to debris so wipe them out thoroughly every so often.

Trigger Update: same issue today starting with the first mag.  Back to the prior cleaning.  I sprayed brake cleaner all around the base of the trigger with very little draining out but I had first cleaned with qtips, etc.  I did not have any compressed air to blow out the area.  My function test was as follows: holding the trigger fully back push the hammer to the rear to where it engages. Release trigger then hammer move forward very slightly. Complete test by pulling the trigger and hammer moves fully forward.  Is this correct?

After cleaning tonight I did use a can of compressed air but again I'm not seeing any unusual debris blowing out.  I performed the same "function test" with the same results as above.  Any suggestions?

I'm hoping Tony can confirm these photo's are a correct function test:

HammerForward.jpg

Hammer shown in forward position

Triggerheldback.jpg

Trigger held to rear with hammer cocked to rear

Triggerreleased.jpg

Trigger released with hammer moving slightly forward

HammerForward.jpg

Pull trigger and hammer fully forward

Hoping Tony can confirm this is functioning properly and if so why my SRT is sticking.  Please advise.

Edited by kwesi

Something has obviously moved in the fire control geometry after I set it up.  The travel stops are tig welded in place, so that is not it.  The receiver has flexed/moved or the Tapco components were off-center/oliptical and rotated to change the engagement......something like that.  The only fix is to reset the engagement surfaces.

If you e-mail me your contact info, I will issue a UPS return label at my expense to have the gun picked up and sent back to fix it up.

E-mail is Rumore@Tromix.com

Tony Rumore

Tromix

• Like 1

Something has obviously moved in the fire control geometry after I set it up.  The travel stops are tig welded in place, so that is not it.  The receiver has flexed/moved or the Tapco components were off-center/oliptical and rotated to change the engagement......something like that.  The only fix is to reset the engagement surfaces.

If you e-mail me your contact info, I will issue a UPS return label at my expense to have the gun picked up and sent back to fix it up.

E-mail is Rumore@Tromix.com

Tony Rumore

Tromix

Thank you Tony!  Email sent.

• 2 weeks later...

+1 for Tony. He found the problem and she will return home tomorrow. He said the problem was:

"The underside of the disconector had a casting ridge/bur right down the center of it where it limits out on the trigger floor.

That bur slowly wore down allowing the disconector to cam forward a bit more. I removed the bur and reset the engagement surfaces."

Thanks again Tony for the awesome service!