Tromix MICRO S-12 8" barrel (pic)

I finished up the micro S-12 with the 8" barrel today and took it to the range. The thing ran like a scalded dog with low base target ammo as well as the heavy stuff. The gas system is backed up 4". Since I did not have a set of Krink handguards on hand, I had to just cut off the original setup, so it doesn't look all that great.

From left to right in the pic...... 18" S-12, 12" S-12, 10" S-410, and then the Micro 8" S-12 on the far right.

http://www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php?photo...t=500&password=

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

www.tromix.com

I finished up the micro S-12 with the 8" barrel today and took it to the range. The thing ran like a scalded dog with low base target ammo as well as the heavy stuff. The gas system is backed up 4". Since I did not have a set of Krink handguards on hand, I had to just cut off the original setup, so it doesn't look all that great.

From left to right in the pic...... 18" S-12, 12" S-12, 10" S-410, and then the Micro 8" S-12 on the far right.

http://www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php?photo...t=500&password=

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

www.tromix.com

Amazing! how did you hook that bottom rail on for your tac forward grip? you are truly gifted!

I find it hard to believe that tony isnt better known. For the caliber of work this guy does, and the exposure on the internet, tony rumore/tromix should be a household name.

tony, let us know how you fix the shortened gas system's problems! (if you care to kiss and tell that is)

Remind me not to piss you off........must be a pretty good gig to fabricate this stuff for a living. Hey, just wondering, what's your background in? Machinist turned Smith, Smith, Jack of all trades. More or less just curious how you got involved in your business, I've never had one of your guns in my hand but from your picture file it looks like you turn out a lot of nice shit and always seem to have something new in the works. A lot of people can make stuff, not many can turn things out as quickly as you seem to or keep the quality standards consistant. Kind of like O.C.C. with some kick. How controlable is that little MoFo?

Later.....

Edited by 6500rpm
I find it hard to believe that tony isnt better known. For the caliber of work this guy does, and the exposure on the internet, tony rumore/tromix should be a household name.

If I have anything to say about it, he will be a household name. I am sending 80% of our guns to him for conversions as soon as they get here. And so far, all of our customers that have them on pre-order, that we have spoken with, want theirs sent to him as well.

I want a 10" version myself!

History on the life of Tony Rumore..................not what you might think.

Grew up in Central California in the middle of nowhere. No TV, closest neighbor was a mile away. Had to entertain myself, so I played with my dads guns 24/7, started buying my own when I was about 14. Had a firewood business at 15, then worked as a mechanics helper at Yamaha of San Luis Obispo 1982-1984. Then worked at Wings West Airlines (Later American Eagle) from 1985 to 1992. Then Fairchild Aircraft 92-97, then Nordam til 2004. I basically ran the purchasing and inventory groups, then later production, and finally got myself fired from Nordam for doing gun business on company time. I was Director of Operations at the time making nearly 6 figures. I have never had any schooling in machining. I just bought a lathe and mill back in 1999 and started cutting metal. When shit gets all fucked up, you know you're doing it wrong. Just make an adjustment and keep on trucking. It's not that hard to figure out. I have been welding since I was about 10 years old on my dads POS equipment. Usually laying on my back, burning large rod on his rusty, greasy heavy equipment. The Tig is so much nicer/cleaner to work with.

Now I barely make enough money to survive, live in a small apartment, I'm single with no kids, and life could not be better. This is how life should be............I thank you all for your support.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

Interesting life story Tony. It proves some are just born gifted with talent that manifests itself with time and experience. I have a hunch I wouldn't learn much from my mechanical fuck ups......unless I repeated them about ten times each. :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Shit.........if the thing didn't cycle, I would have kept my mouth shut and kept working on it.

It cycles perfectly with low base Walmart shells, both Remington and Federal. I also ran some S&B double ought buck through it as well. It runs great.

Edited by TonyRumore

Wow. Bout all I can say about that. Glad you are cutting and allowing folks here to see you do all the R&D on these.

So thanks Tony. We all owe ya for the info we otherwise wouldn't have.

And if I ever get my SBR here in TX cleared. I'm hoping to get a SBS someday after that.

might not be a bad thing to have a horizontally mounted front grip on that 8"er. would be a bit awkward, but it might actually work. you know you will never get the mag in and out with a vertical grip on there.

pvtpyle: right on. as I stated once before, I have actually seen one of tony's projects up close and he does some nice work. maybe in the apring when work picks back up, I might have him do a frankengun for me.

might not be a bad thing to have a horizontally mounted front grip on that 8"er. would be a bit awkward, but it might actually work. you know you will never get the mag in and out with a vertical grip on there.

pvtpyle: right on. as I stated once before, I have actually seen one of tony's projects up close and he does some nice work. maybe in the apring when work picks back up, I might have him do a frankengun for me.

My first post! Been lurking since the last CDNN $229 sale.

First off, some kudos to Tony. That 12" with the brain-corer FH is mine (I think). Shorty, G3 night sights, FH, Forward grip rail.

I'm eagerly waiting in anticipation. Tony has been a breeze to deal with. I sent him my hacked up conversion (the last of my amateur gunsmithing attempts), a fat check, and my list of wants. Through the process Tony has sent me some stage pictures, asked a few questions, answered ALL of mine (no small feat), and kept me informed every step of the way.

All in all, a great experience.

And, because of you all on the board, I have some Saiga 8 round mags from Oleg, great pictures, and knew of Tony (aside from those awesome .458 SOCOMs).

I also eagerly await the US made mags. With the lack of official US importation, my USA-made purchases will likely be large. I'm already stuck in a situation where I'm having to use less than ideal mag conversions for a rifle.

Of course, Tony is also a very cruel person. As mine is being made he shows the Halo forearm, integral top rail, the 10" and 8" models. UGH! But I kid. The 12" is perfect for what I want.

Edited by NoAim

A Surefire M910 would be awesome on that 8". Damn, they just retired our old Police Chief and he would have signed off for sure but my city is growing fast and they hired someone with big city experience from out of state and I haven't even met him yet. I have a bad feeling about where this town is going. I should have moved to a blue state when I escaped from Kalifornia. I'll try to call the guy and see if he'd sign-off but I somehow doubt big-city-guy will.

Tony, what would the price tag be if I supplied an already PG converted S-12?

NoAim, yes that is your 12" gun in the pic. I took it out and test fired it and it ran perfectly.

The cost to convert an already converted 18" gun to an SBS would be $250. 12", 10", 8", it doesn't matter, the price would be the same.

caspian, I was wondering if when you did that test, if there was a choke on the barrel before you cut it, and if there was, how far down the barrel did it remain choked before coming out to true open cylinder? or do you think that at that long long length, it dont matter anyhow?

i'm not sure i follow the relationship between choke and velocity?

barrel length has an effect because the longer the barrel the more powder that can burn.

chokes constrict the shot but i doubt the constriction has any measurable effect on the velocity.

anyway, it was a cheapo single shot break open. i would assume there was no choke built into the gun. however, since the gun is long gone, there's no way to verify.

caspian

there is an easy way to find that out, come to think of it. I dont have a chronograph, but seeing how you do, you can take screw in chokes for a pump or break action, and fire 4 or 5 rounds with an open cylinder choke, and then use 4 or 5 rounds out of the same lot or box with an extra full choke in the same gun and see if the average is different. I suspect it will be a little bit different for velocity. if its a significant amount is another story. all I know is out of one of those "costs as much as a car" italian over unders my brother in law has, the modifed choke that you fire down first had less recoil than the full choke in the other barrel. it wasnt a big difference, but I did notice a difference between the two barrels/chokes when shooting doubles.

do you need the $200 tax to purchase the short barrel shotgun? i thought shotgun pistols were legal without it such as the thunder 5 and some other 410 pistols.

as long as there is no stock isn't it just a pistol? is the problem converting the long gun to a pistol?

would someone please explain how you go about legally purchasing this weapon. thanks.

hey, isnt someone selling a thunder 5 here? maybe they can tell you if the gun is rifled, which Im sure it is...also, the 410/45LC guns from my understanding, all only take the 2 1/2" 410 shell.

then you have the 410/45LC derringers....now thatd be a loud little sucker I bet.