Magwell, Universal for different mags

All the magazine wells I've seen have been intended for one type of magazine or another. You're probably stuck standardizing your magwell magazines. Settle on one brand (SGM is probably your best bet), and see if you can either trade your old mags, or sell them toward buying the type you need.

I suspected as much, I may build a guide to make changes easier, or do my own magwell.
I am not comfortable with them being so proprietary, as it makes the consumer too dependent on undependable suppliers.
Thanks for the response, and confirming my observation

You're welcome for my input - but I'm not sure I share your conclusion. If you really want a dependable supplier, or as close as you'll get to such a thing, get a factory magazine well. It is highly unlikely that Izhmash will go out of business any time soon. Factory magazines are expensive - but I've seen other magazines modded to fit the factory magazine well, including SGM mags. That way, you'll have two sources of magazines available, and as long as there is demand, there will be supply to match it. Even though factory mags come through in spurts and are not always available, they do come in periodically - and there are plenty of SGM mags already on the market, and they are still being produced.

I suspected as much, I may build a guide to make changes easier, or do my own magwell.

I am not comfortable with them being so proprietary, as it makes the consumer too dependent on undependable suppliers.

Not necessarily.... depends on who you ask.

Jack Travers of JTE has had one in the works for a while. It got delayed because he had some health problems. Pester him about it and that will probably help make it a priority.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/90969-universal-magwell/

The previous thread on it had video of him using a prototype.

I never worry about anything along the lines of will be out soon, or is in the works, until it is actually on the market.

I prototype, and build stuff, not Gun stuff, and something is always in the way, or popping up to delay ideas, turning into reality.

Just recently I cut my hand on a band saw, and I am now set back a month on my newest project, until the bone, nerve, and tendons heal..stuff happens.....life gets in the way of progress

Last round bolt hold opens have been almost ready, or coming out soon for years, or are not available...yet I can't seem to find one..some of them have been almost ready for the 4 years I have been a member, when I bought my I first Saiga shotgun.....which is by far the coolest gun I own, and it is only lightly modified.

A good universal magwell, and Lrbho would make it perfect.

HA! Love the mentality there seriously. Someone is busy working on something so they aren't even wanting to talk about it because it's not only distracting but someone working on a new product does not necessarily want to have a zillion people asking questions and offering their own 'input'.... so what's the best course of action for all the impatient folks wanting it to "hurry up and get done"... OH yeah hell yeah let's pester them that will surely light a fire under em.

Uhhh sorry but it doesn't always work that way does it? Getting 'pestered' leads people to feel even less like helping you. Been there done that sorry.

Edit to add don't worry about your LRBHO, it's COMING. And so is the universal magwell.

• Like 1

HA! Love the mentality there seriously. Someone is busy working on something so they aren't even wanting to talk about it because it's not only distracting but someone working on a new product does not necessarily want to have a zillion people asking questions and offering their own 'input'.... so what's the best course of action for all the impatient folks wanting it to "hurry up and get done"... OH yeah hell yeah let's pester them that will surely light a fire under em.

Uhhh sorry but it doesn't always work that way does it? Getting 'pestered' leads people to feel even less like helping you. Been there done that sorry.

Edit to add don't worry about your LRBHO, it's COMING. And so is the universal magwell.

That's right, most of the guys who have had an idea for a product have been scared off by all of the maniacs and nattering nabobs of negativity.  Really, the only time to announce something is when it's done.  Even then, people will rip you for not shipping it fast enough.

• Like 1

I never worry about anything along the lines of will be out soon, or is in the works, until it is actually on the market.

I prototype, and build stuff, not Gun stuff, and something is always in the way, or popping up to delay ideas, turning into reality.

Just recently I cut my hand on a band saw, and I am now set back a month on my newest project, until the bone, nerve, and tendons heal..stuff happens.....life gets in the way of progress

Last round bolt hold opens have been almost ready, or coming out soon for years, or are not available...yet I can't seem to find one..some of them have been almost ready for the 4 years I have been a member, when I bought my I first Saiga shotgun.....which is by far the coolest gun I own, and it is only lightly modified.

A good universal magwell, and Lrbho would make it perfect.

LRBHO have one.

Used it this past weekend. Not good enough for the masses. Requires some adjusting.

At times releases bolt when loading and working on mag fitting. But good enough for me.

• 2 months later...

rusmilitary, maybe by request to WPA. 

It can be fitted, but apparently it's a pain and requires cutting the receiver. If you are considerig that, use one of the metal molot ones which use the same mags.