What's this screw for?

why not take it apart and see what's actually going on.  I'm curious too.    I don't see how it could be a jack screw -- - that means one end of the rail would be resting on the point of the screw.  That wouldn't be a very sold rail.  Never seen or heard of such a thing.  Further, the only reason I can think of to adjust the rail would be for an optic with insufficient elevation adjustment -- and when that is an issue, the right answer is to get a scope mount with a 20 MOA angle built in to it. . 

K I took it apart and as far as I can see it does level the rail. If you put it together without the little screw the rail tilts forward. It allows you to tighten the regular handgaurd screw down too much.

Like I said I'm gonna try and grind it down some so it doesn't stick up so much

K I took it apart and as far as I can see it does level the rail. If you put it together without the little screw the rail tilts forward. It allows you to tighten the regular handgaurd screw down too much.

Like I said I'm gonna try and grind it down some so it doesn't stick up so much

Don't grind it down, just get a shorter one that recesses the way you want... WAY less of a PITA...

• Like 1