In New York but want wood stock and handrail for 7.62 Saiga

I recently posted about having problems with several Saiga rifles, but all sellers have been very gracious, and the one who sold me my 7.62×39 is taking the rifle back.

I live in New York, and under our laws we cannot convert and cannot have more than one military aspect, the magazine being one already, so no pistol grip, adjustable stock, threaded barrel, etc.

I am attaching a photograph of the stock and hand-grip of a similar rifle with the same stock and rail rifle that I am returning. This is the stock and rail I seek.

I already have 223 and a 308 Saigas with the black polymer plastic stock and handgrip, in the attached photograph.

I want the 7.62×39 to have the same wood stock and for grip, particularly the stock, which does not require any conversion, nor moving in the trigger group, which I cannot do either legally, or even do it myself because I am not mechanically oriented.

If anybody has any idea of where to acquire these wooden stocks and hand rails I would really appreciate if you would direct me. I like them because the stock dips deeply to give it a feeling of a pistol grip, is very ergonomic for the hand to reach the trigger, unlike the regular AK wood stocks which usually require a pistol grip for ergonomic comfortability. I do not want to use one of them. I'm looking for something like this that has a dip in it so I can hold it comfortably and my finger and hand rest nicely into the trigger from the stock where it is held.

Thank you

http://www.k-var.com/shop/images/D/IZ-238.jpg

Here is a photo of the rifle I just returned:

post-47674-0-11331800-1382818551_thumb.jpg

Edited by AShotInTheDark

Thank you but that won't work

Looking for the Monte Carlo style, not the straight one they offer as the straight one with  out the hand pistol grip is not going be comfortable as the Monte Carlo style

Go back to the link Saiga Power posted and scroll down until you read, "NEW SAIGA SPORTER 2 pc. Shotgun Stock Set For unconverted Saiga 12 ga. shotguns". 

Personally, I'd cancel my order and buy the 7.62 model Legion is offering with wood furniture.  Cheaper than the Ironwood furniture and the stock is removable. 

• Like 1

Thank you but that won't work

Looking for the Monte Carlo style, not the straight one they offer as the straight one with  out the hand pistol grip is not going be comfortable as the Monte Carlo style

Go back to the link Saiga Power posted and scroll down until you read, "NEW SAIGA SPORTER 2 pc. Shotgun Stock Set For unconverted Saiga 12 ga. shotguns". 

Personally, I'd cancel my order and buy the 7.62 model Legion is offering with wood furniture.  Cheaper than the Ironwood furniture and the stock is removable. 

I did see the one that Legion is offering that you spoke of. Couple of problems with that: first, it has a 21 inch barrel, and I definitely want to get another one with a 16 inch; I do not like long barrels. I did call them to see if they would possibly do some swapping out because they seem to have regular polymer stock 16 inch barrel Saiga rifles in stock; maybe they will do something. They are to call me back.

Before the call me back, are these barrels switchable; meaning, do they unscrew such as in an AR 15? Or are they permanently welded in?

Secondly, I live in New York State, and I am not certain if that detachable stock is legal. I am an attorney, however, I am not yet fully up on enough gun laws to offer my services to you guys and to the public in general as a gun right and Second Amendment constitutional attorney as my specialty was entertainment law, and still is. Is a detachable stock such as this legal in New York State? I won't even engage them in conversation if it is not legal in New York State.

Third, I did see the shotgun would stock and rail you spoke of on that site. All they also readily and easily attachable to Saiga rifles such as the one I shall be picking up which will be a 7.62×39? I am not handy, and cannot do any type of mechanical work whatsoever.

Fourth, I see at the bottom of the page that these, non-laminated. I don't even know how to do that. I understand that is not a very difficult process, however, I have never done in my life, and just honestly I don't want to start now. Particularly not with a rifle that I will be using is my primary weapon. I cannot tell; does the shotgun stock and rail, come already finished?

Swapping barrels is possible but it requires work. It's not an easy process like an Ar15. You mention not being able to do mechanical work, then swapping a barrel assembly is not for you.

Changing furniture is a simple matter of removing screws and then reinstalling them in the new furniture. You might need to drill two pilot holes into the buttstock.

Edited by Mullet Man

That stock (for the S12) will mount directly to any other Saiga AK rifle\shotgun

Ironwood does offer "finished" stocks as a service

This guy does a very nice series of videos........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6z0VEDhEMQ

Okay, if I may ask please: first, to be clear what you are saying, as some of the terminology I'm not aware of, are you 100% certain that that companies stock and rail will fit on a regular Saiga rifle?

Second, if that be the case, that the wood stock and rail they offer it will fit any Saiga rifle, the problem still is that that stock and rail looks to be a typical AK-47 mold wherein without a pistol grip ergonomically it's going to be awkward to hold the butt stock with the hand and reach the trigger. The photograph I attached shows that the rifle I just returned had a butt stock that was more in the Monte Carlo type of style were in the stock dipped down where the hand goes on it inasmuch the hand then beautifully lined up to the trigger so that one could hold the butt stock and have the hand on the trigger comfortably. Thoughts on this please?

This

Right, but is this going to work well without a pistol grip?

I found this on eBay. Will this stock and rail fit onto any Saiga rifle? I emailed the guy and he said no. He of course could be wrong.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=161134714332&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Edited by AShotInTheDark

That furniture saiga power put the pic of(post #5), is a Monte Carlo stock designed for use without a PG, just the oe plastic junk.

The YouTube video is of a butt stock for use with a PG.

Your eBay link, the butt stock will work but the handguard will not. Saiga 12's use a different mount for the handguards then the rifles do. 

Edited by Mullet Man

That furniture saiga power put the pic of(post #5), is a Monte Carlo stock designed for use without a PG, just the oe plastic junk.

The YouTube video is of a butt stock for use with a PG.

Your eBay link, the butt stock will work but the handguard will not. Saiga 12's use a different mount for the handguards then the rifles do. 

What is a PG please?

What do you mean that it's designed for use without a PG, just the plastic oh oe junk?

What is oe?

As far the you tube video; can you please clarify what you are saying?

Thanks

Are you serious?....think about it for a second, come on man, use some depth of context from the conversation. You won't get far if everyone has to hold your hand and paint you the world 

Friend, just did not understand what you were saying and was asking for clarification.

I googled PG and did not find what it was. So I asked.

I googled oe and got no results so asked.

Was not sure at all what you were saying about the you tube clip so asked.

I DID try to avoid asking if I could fine on my own!

Dong the best I can!

I understand if you do not wish to answer; not a problem.

Edited by AShotInTheDark

Not impossible to find, just difficult. Snagged a set off eBay this morning.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/111199757526

Thank you BUT just being honest I am now frustrated insofar that I have searching so hard and did not see that.

They are very hard to find and you have been very lucky.

Not sure that will happen again.

May be impossible.

You were fast and caught it somehow.

But good for you!

Edited by AShotInTheDark

Just buy a damn poly one so at least you have a gun. Worry about the wood stock later. Jesus.

I am doing that Mopar

And already own a Saiga 223 and a Saiga 308, and a shotgun, and a 22, and a pistol on the way

The 7.62 is my primary and I do wish it in wood stock and rail; focused on fining a set is all

I am getting a 50 cal to when I get the $$$ up

Edited by AShotInTheDark

I think I have a spare plastic monte carlo style original stock set if you need one. If you are really wanting wood, you could just have the plastic set hydro dipped, where they coat it with a wood like finish overlay. My gunsmith does it, and it looks really good, and realistic. If interested, message me. Just pay shipping and handling, and it's yours.

Just buy a damn poly one so at least you have a gun. Worry about the wood stock later. Jesus.

I am doing that Mopar

And already own a Saiga 223 and a Saiga 308, and a shotgun, and a 22, and a pistol on the way

The 7.62 is my primary and I do wish it in wood stock and rail; focused on fining a set is all

Which 50? It would have to be bolt action. Semi is not allowed. Even if you found one without a pistol grip it needs a muzzle brake and that's not allowed.

I am doing that Mopar

Which 50? It would have to be bolt action. Semi is not allowed. Even if you found one without a pistol grip it needs a muzzle brake and that's not allowed.

HMMMMMM

From what I can tell 50's are allowed.

I hear what you say thought; good points.

So what 50's would be legal in NY?

I think I have a spare plastic monte carlo style original stock set if you need one. If you are really wanting wood, you could just have the plastic set hydro dipped, where they coat it with a wood like finish overlay. My gunsmith does it, and it looks really good, and realistic. If interested, message me. Just pay shipping and handling, and it's yours.

PM sent

• 3 weeks later...

In my opinion the problems of NYS and many other opressive localities are traceable back to revolutionary and civil war times.

During the Revolution NYC was a Tory stronghold and the people liked a strong central government that will make decisions for people. Still does today. Many regions of the South like Tennessee have always had an independent streak and reflected in the far more lax gun restrictions. NY was never friendly to full auto or supressors or DDs.

Actually don't think .50 BMGs are legal, nor the ammo. Come 01/15/14 you won't be able to order any anyway.

• 4 weeks later...