Do you fellows know if this rifle with this particular detachable butt stock is legal in New York State?

http://legionusainc.com/izsl-m-saiga-wood-7.62x39.html

Or is it illegal because being detachable it is considered a military aspect beyond the detachable magazine?

To me, it seems legal, but I don't know the particulars of detachable stocks. In a sense, all stocks are basically removable, particularly Saiga rifle stocks, and such. They're very easy to remove, as you guys know. This one does not seem more difficult to remove. But the law may see it differently.

Any help appreciated

Take downs are NY legal as long as it can't be fired without the stock on it. 

What kind of lawyer are you, anyway?

Most of my legal career I have been practicing entertainment law, but, I am studying up on arms related issues to be able to offer the community very reasonably priced and even free when necessary legal support when agree just intrusions upon their rights occur.

Entertainment law is sort of glorified contractual law, meaning we help negotiate deals, and create contracts that are binding to both parties in case of legalities. It's mostly boring paperwork. And actually it's not my forte, nor focus any longer, as I have wandered into other areas, though I still do maintain my legal status and practice somewhat. Insofar as the bit of law I do practice, I am much more passionate now about defending gun rights of good citizens against egregious tyranny in the profound restrictions being put upon the clear constitutional stated rights to bear arms. I am just not up to speed enough yet to competently represent people and such situation; over time.

Edited by AShotInTheDark

I am much more passionate now about defending gun rights of good citizens against egregious tyranny in the profound restrictions being put upon the clear constitutional stated rights to bear arms. 

Amen to that!

Edited by Yeoldetool