Input on choke tube adapter length wanted.

I'm getting ready to run a new batch of choke tube adapters and I want to make them long enough so that you can use the Saiga 12 barrel shrouds. Is 4 inches overall length going to do it?

Using your existing adapter with stock length forend limits shroud selection only to 1 (a 6" produced by 1 vendor) so having a longer length adapter would allow the most shrouds available (like the 8-9" +)

Edited by turbobuick
  • 2 months later...

I have looked at your adaptors on your website, but cannot figure out what choke they are? Can I assume it is just cylinder bore?

For me, personally, I would like the adaptor to be as short as needed. Having just enough threads on the outside of the barrel to screw into the shroud. I assume that would be somewhere between 1/2"-3/4".

They make a slightly shorter shroud for the Saigas that use an adjustable gas plug. I assume this shroud would fit perfectly.

I plan/want to order your adaptor, but curious about what the current length would be, and also what the choke is.

Thanks!

Edited by JWH223

JWH:  Not sure if this helps, but I have the Tom Cole adapter.  It is cylinder bore.  Protrudes just about 3/4" from end of barrel. 

ColeAdapter_LengthOutOfBarrel_zpse4edc3b

I use an Alumalite S-12 shroud on my gun and the back end of the shroud (toward buttstock) is almost exactly 8-1/2" from the end of the barrel (not the end of the adapter).  This is 10-1/4" from the front edge of the upper.  Obviously other shrouds will give you a different measurement.  With the T&N shorty forearm, it works perfectly on the MKA.  These measurements may help someone decide how long a different length adapter might need to be.

MKA_Side_1_zps65b72d29.jpg

Edited by yamadog35