Fair price for saiga 12 today 10/27/13???

I found a saiga 12 for sale at a local gun show. I am thinking to go back this afternoon and try to haggle.

What so you think a fair price is today?

I am aware prices are only going to rise, but what do you think?

A few weeks ago at a show in Des Moines, Iowa, the going price for a stock IZ-109 was between $600.00 - $675.00. I was trying to sell mine, but there were only a couple of people (dealers) who asked about it, and they threw out typical lowball offers (about 1/2 of the value).

This is what I was offering for $1250.00...

Saiga IZ-109

4 - 5 round magazines (1 factory, and 3 aftermarket)

2 - 10 round AGP magazines

1 - 20 round MD Arms drum magazine

US made FCG

UltiMAK M11L picatinny rail optic mount

MD Arms V-Plug (5 position gas regulator)

K-Var RPK style handguard

right side folding stock (CSS internal receiver block, DPH hinge block, DPH solid billet skeleton stock, ACE 1" pad)

DPH US made copy of Russian 10 slot flash hider (not shown in picture)

6rv9.jpg

9uof.jpg

Checking the local gun shops a couple of weeks ago, one shop was at $799. Second shop had started at $799, marked it down to $725. I happened into the second store while they were running a $100 off sale on any centerfire rifle or shotgun (new store getting started). Ended up out the door for $670 for a new 109 19 inch barrel with one five round mag and the cleaning kit etc.

The problem is going to be availability. That is what artificially pumped up the market and is currently holding it there. Folks are generally asking fair prices but you will see a variance in the price due to availability uncertainty. I can tell you right now that dealer cost on an unconverted Saiga shotgun (if available) is in the mid $600 range. Where last year they were in the upper $300 to lower $400 and I thought that was high! :)

The one thing the POTUS can do is stop imports immediately. Due to that, American importers are reluctant to send large sums of cash to Russian companies and gamble on their product being able to come into the country in a month or two. Depending on who is president next, prices could drop back into the $400 range or stay up where they are if not higher.

Okay, i tried but couldnt get them down enough. Hope the market does somehow improve.

You've heard my sermon before about pricing, so I'll give you this simple analogy:

Hope in one hand, shit in the other....

The dealer with the gun got my money and I now own an S12.

Wait long enough and it will be banned from importation or be deemed a DD.

In short, you know you want it, just go buy it. Is $100 either direction going to break you?

• Like 1

New member here... I just bought a s12 NIB $725 with factory 5 Rd and a SGM 12 Rd mag, here in Cincinnati. I have seen them here as high as $1100.00 within the last few months

Where in Cincinnati did you buy, just curious...?  I'm in Cincinnati also.

I lucked out on my S12 I got about 2 months ago - traded a guy a WASR-10/63 for it that I pretty much bought for $250-300 months ago...plus 600 Tula 7.62 rounds though.  Still a great deal!

Just bought an Arsenal SGL 12-07 from Atlantic for $879 

Unless you love "rock n Lock" magazines, or have to be able to use a drum, I think the extra $120 spent on a fixed stock VEPR 12 is well worth the money...

Edited by 7.62m43