Need fast answers please

Guys,

In another thread there are a lot of issues going on that may possibly muddle two questions that came up.

-One is about an item on eBay right now that I require an answer for fast because the bidding is going and shall end relatively soon.

I contacted this fellow on eBay and he said that he did not think this wood butt stock and rail would not fit on a Saiga 7.62×39 rifle. I do not know for sure, but I think he is wrong.

Can you guys please look and tell me if you think it will fit or not. I do not want to buy it if it's not 100% certain because it's not returnable.

Assuming it does fit: And for what you can see in the photographs, is this a quality would set? What do you think of it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161134714332?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

-Second, also because of the muddling of so many issues in the other thread, so I can get a direct answer on this question, I am also putting this in this new thread, so I can get clear on this fast.

Many people pointed to this site I am listing below, but I'm not clear, will the sporter wood stock and grip that states it is made for the Saiga shotgun on this site and page below fit on a Saiga 7.62×39 rifle? Definitely? It's $300 or so and obviously I don't want to make a mistake. Does it fit with no modification needed on the rifle or the butt stock or rail? Are we talking simple screw on and screw off to put them on? I am completely mechanically inept and I cannot do anything beyond simple screw on and screw off type stuff. What do you guys think of the quality of this butt stock and rail?

I know it's expensive, but, this is going to be my primary self-defense weapon, and I want it done correctly. I live in New York State and we are limited tremendously legally such as not being able to convert or have more than one "evil" feature.

And I don't really like the black plastic polymer butt stock and hand rail. I want to go with wood. The thing is putting an AK style would butt stock that is not sporter style will not be ergonomically comfortable for the hand to wrap around and then also reach the trigger as I cannot convert in New York State.

Is this design for a Saiga shotgun butt stock and hand rail definitely a sporter style, a Monte Carlo style, wherein the hand will ergonomically feel comfortable holding the butt stock and fit comfortably in so far as reaching the trigger?

http://ironwooddesigns.com/IWDNEWSaiga_2.html

I am attaching a photograph of the defective rifle, a Saiga 7.62×39,  I just returned. I want a similar sporter style would stock and matching rail, in one way or the other I will find it.

Thank you

Edited by AShotInTheDark

Hi,

the handguard on the ebay site will not work. the s12 forearm attaches differently on a s12 than on the rifles. also looking at the pictures and in the description it lists the stock and forearm as 'airbrushed'. not sure (working off of my phone), but sort of looks like someone might have just done a very nice job of painting an OEM plastic stock. looks like wrong recoil pad on buttstock and different grip area on forearm. apologies if i'm mistaken.

On the EBay site...Buttstock should fit fine. As mentioned above the forearm will not fit a Saiga Rifle. The product is not wood, rather the OEM polymer painted to look like wood.

The iron wood buttstock will fit, but the hand guard will not.

Edited by Spacehog

OK Ebay set out then

How about this set mentioned below?

-Second, also because of the muddling of so many issues in the other thread, so I can get a direct answer on this question, I am also putting this in this new thread, so I can get clear on this fast.

Many people pointed to this site I am listing below, but I'm not clear, will the sporter wood stock and grip that states it is made for the Saiga shotgun on this site and page below fit on a Saiga 7.62×39 rifle? Definitely? It's $300 or so and obviously I don't want to make a mistake. Does it fit with no modification needed on the rifle or the butt stock or rail? Are we talking simple screw on and screw off to put them on? I am completely mechanically inept and I cannot do anything beyond simple screw on and screw off type stuff. What do you guys think of the quality of this butt stock and rail?

I know it's expensive, but, this is going to be my primary self-defense weapon, and I want it done correctly. I live in New York State and we are limited tremendously legally such as not being able to convert or have more than one "evil" feature.

And I don't really like the black plastic polymer butt stock and hand rail. I want to go with wood. The thing is putting an AK style would butt stock that is not sporter style will not be ergonomically comfortable for the hand to wrap around and then also reach the trigger as I cannot convert in New York State.

Is this design for a Saiga shotgun butt stock and hand rail definitely a sporter style, a Monte Carlo style, wherein the hand will ergonomically feel comfortable holding the butt stock and fit comfortably in so far as reaching the trigger?

http://ironwooddesig...NEWSaiga_2.html

I am attaching a photograph of the defective rifle, a Saiga 7.62×39,  I just returned. I want a similar sporter style would stock and matching rail, in one way or the other I will find it.

Thank you!

Come on guy really!? You're a lawyer, so I get that some things might take a bit of figuring out, nature of the beast.

I really hope you can figure this out because its not that confusing.

ANY AK butt stock made for ANY stamped receiver AK (Saiga 12 included), will work on all Saiga models (sans a couple odd ball models which you do not own). Since you live in NY, and cannot move the trigger group to install a pistol grip, then a Monte Carlo type butt stock is what you want. The ones without a curve (Monte Carlo style) grip, will be an ergonomic headache to use. The factory plastic butt stock is a Monte Carlo design. If that is comfortable for you, than that's the style you want. Your options are severely limited anyway because of NY law. 

As I said in you other thread, a Saiga 12 uses a different hand guard than the rifles. Since you mentioned in your other thread and this one, that you have no mechanical ability, you need to be looking for hand guards specifically designed to work on Saiga rifles. Traditional AK hand guards of the two piece variety will not directly bolt onto a Saiga rifle.

If it doesn't say that its for a Saiga rifle specifically than it will not work on a Saiga rifle.  

In a nutshell, if the ad says butt stock and hand guard for a Saiga shotgun, than the only part that will work on the Saiga rifle is the butt stock. 

Okay?

Edited by Mullet Man

Come on guy really!? You're a lawyer, so I get that some things might take a bit of figuring out, nature of the beast.

I really hope you can figure this out because its not that confusing.

ANY AK butt stock made for ANY stamped receiver AK (Saiga 12 included), will work on all Saiga models (sans a couple odd ball models which you do not own). Since you live in NY, and cannot move the trigger group to install a pistol grip, then a Monte Carlo type butt stock is what you want. The ones without a curve (Monte Carlo style) grip, will be an ergonomic headache to use. The factory plastic butt stock is a Monte Carlo design. If that is comfortable for you, than that's the style you want. Your options are severely limited anyway because of NY law. 

As I said in you other thread, a Saiga 12 uses a different hand guard than the rifles. Since you mentioned in your other thread and this one, that you have no mechanical ability, you need to be looking for hand guards specifically designed to work on Saiga rifles. Traditional AK hand guards of the two piece variety will not directly bolt onto a Saiga rifle.

If it doesn't say that its for a Saiga rifle specifically than it will not work on a Saiga rifle.  

In a nutshell, if the ad says butt stock and hand guard for a Saiga shotgun, than the only part that will work on the Saiga rifle is the butt stock. 

Okay?

OKAY!