Question

• Answers 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Found him!

I retract all my other statements About Pauly.... you guys will all receive your parts in time. He is going through a lot of health issue's but is getting better. he will be sending parts out here soo

Posted Images

Thats some theory...he was sending them then supposed quit. Haven't heard of anyone getting his or her parts back in a bit. He really needs to be communicating, he has enough shills which makes it bullshit. If he has another job then he surely has made enough money by now to ship everything, and surely he doesn't work 100 hour weeks at a mental facility, maybe he was admitted at "work". Thats my theory.

• Like 1

the last time i emailed pauly was when mac said to resend your info so he can make sure he has right bolts with right name and shipping info and he replied, i told him id just send him a check for 10 bucks or something to pay for my parts to be sent back, and he told me not to because he said he promised free shipping on returns and would do his best to stick to it, which i can appreciate, but id still send an extra 10 bucks just to get the back sooner lol, i cant complain to much, 89 dollars isnt much for polish and my parts have only been out 4 months, not a year like some guys

...It is entirely possible that Paul is for some reason unable to respond to any of you guys. I'm saying he may not just be ignoring your calls and emails. Hoping for the best for everyone involved, you are all in my prayers including him.

Interesting point. Surely someone on this list or a moderator must know him well enough to see if Paul is at

least alive and well. Our negative comments are out of our frustrations and I like to think we would wish him well - and able to get back to work.

none of you all are pains in the ass customers. its a figure of speech LOL

actually, most all folks i have met or dealt with from here (this forum) are upstanding folks.

Id go knock on his door or track his ass down myself, if i were closer.

Edited by Ben Vampatella
  • Like 3

What I have thought about doing is contacting him and offering to help take the load off by getting him to just ship me the unfinished parts he hasn't got time for. I could do just as good a job on them and it would work out best for everyone involved. Racegal and I know everything about keeping records straight and being organized, and offer exactly the same services right down to the left side charging handles. I even have a few in house now for custom skull charging handles (different than the Inner Demons skulls) With us being mostly caught up here and work having been seriously light since all this began (I think it has made everyone less inclined to ship their parts off anywhere...), there is no one else out there with better means to make such an offer. A couple of others are just as qualified, but they have lots of other things in their business where with us, these particular modifications are about 90% of what we do. Contacting him has been impossible though for everyone including me. Makc seems like the only one who has been able to get any direct contact. If I lived closer you can bet I would have already been to his house in person.

• Like 1

Cobra that would really be awesome and quite nice of you. I am one of them people who could not afford that now, I would be happy to just get my parts back at this point. I WILL vouch for Cobra however, I used his service a while back and it was timely and professional.

If someone pays him a visit, please get my stuff back, I have pics to prove its mine. I will pay for return postage.

Bolt #170

• Like 3

What I have thought about doing is contacting him and offering to help take the load off by getting him to just ship me the unfinished parts he hasn't got time for. I could do just as good a job on them and it would work out best for everyone involved. Racegal and I know everything about keeping records straight and being organized, and offer exactly the same services right down to the left side charging handles. I even have a few in house now for custom skull charging handles (different than the Inner Demons skulls) With us being mostly caught up here and work having been seriously light since all this began (I think it has made everyone less inclined to ship their parts off anywhere...), there is no one else out there with better means to make such an offer. A couple of others are just as qualified, but they have lots of other things in their business where with us, these particular modifications are about 90% of what we do. Contacting him has been impossible though for everyone including me. Makc seems like the only one who has been able to get any direct contact. If I lived closer you can bet I would have already been to his house in person.

You know the fucker has too much pride to take you up on that. His work IS the best in the business, hands down... Sending anything to you to finish would be an admission that you offer an equally outstanding product, and an admission that he has failed. Awesome as it is of you to offer, he'll never go for it.

Where did all of this substance abuse speculation come from? Ridiculous.

The reason for this implosion is simple, and some of you have seen it unfold here before, more than once. Jack's post hit the nail on the head, and I've been talking about this for years on this forum: There's one thing you must never do when performing custom work.

NEVER TAKE ALL THE MONEY UP FRONT.

Its so easy to get upside-down this way; the money comes in with the parts, the parts go in the queue, the money goes in the bank. You're spending the money you got last week while you're doing the work you got last month- and that money's already been spent.  the work you're doing day-to-day has already been paid for in full, so the motivation to finish it is negligible. 

I shouldn't need to explain to anyone how bills and expenses somehow grow to usurp available funds.

Soon, the bank account is low, overdrafts coming in, no money for supplies or even postage and you can see the torches and pitchforks coming over the hill. And anyone that's ever been in debt knows that eventually you withdraw from communicating; after all, its never good news.  it sounds like he's lashed out at a few members, and that's too bad.  But drop the alcohol talk- this looks like a bad business model to me, plain and simple.

Good luck to everyone involved.  Especially you, Pauly.  Only you can turn this around now.

• Like 5

The reason for this implosion is simple, and some of you have seen it unfold here before, more than once. Jack's post hit the nail on the head, and I've been talking about this for years on this forum: There's one thing you must never do when performing custom work.

Its so easy to get upside-down this way; the money comes in with the parts, the parts go in the queue, the money goes in the bank. You're spending the money you got last week while you're doing the work you got last month- and that money's already been spent.  the work you're doing day-to-day has already been paid for in full, so the motivation to finish it is negligible. 

I shouldn't need to explain to anyone how bills and expenses somehow grow to usurp available funds.

Soon, the bank account is low, overdrafts coming in, no money for supplies or even postage and you can see the torches and pitchforks coming over the hill. And anyone that's ever been in debt knows that eventually you withdraw from communicating; after all, its never good news.  it sounds like he's lashed out at a few members, and that's too bad.  But drop the alcohol talk- this looks like a bad business model to me, plain and simple.

Good luck to everyone involved.  Especially you, Pauly.  Only you can turn this around now.

The alcoholism CRAP came from HIM. HE is the one that used it as an excuse to fuck over everyone involved. HE is the one who reached out for help then slapped some people who tried to help.Those of us whom have been down the road of active alcoholism know the signs, symptoms, and effects of it.

Contractors who "float" jobs with other customers money commit a felony where I live, they put your ass in jail for it.

Bob - I respect the point you're making, and believe that you're absolutely right about the business model and why it's a terrible idea. However, the substance abuse allegations are not speculative - he has not only stated that he is an alcoholic, but has used it as an excuse for his behavior. He put that card on the table.

• Like 2

The alcoholism CRAP came from HIM. HE is the one that used it as an excuse to fuck over everyone involved. HE is the one who reached out for help then slapped some people who tried to help.Those of us whom have been down the road of active alcoholism know the signs, symptoms, and effects of it.

Contractors who "float" jobs with other customers money commit a felony where I live, they put your ass in jail for it.

This is exactly what happened. Actually, he was alluding to some suicidal feelings in his posts, too. You don't have to like it, but that's the facts.

Ive been following this thread for a while now. I live a little less then 2 hours north of portland. Id love to help out and try to contact paul in person. Id have no problem taking the parts and all paperwork relating to the parts and get them shipped back to the rightful owners. Paul has no property of mine, i just feel the need to help out....

So far I have 2 physical addresses I plan on checking out after the holiday season blows by.  I live about a 20 minute hop from the dude.  I don't plan on asking to pick up anything, just going to check in and see what's what and relay it...

2 days ago I received a reply from him. He mentioned that he is very broke, unemployed, and that my part is finished. Period. I offered Forum help and money for shipping. No other response.

I wouldn't mind paying for shipping or adding another $50 if I could get my stuff back completed.

I say use caution but if you got some spare time;

Take over a six pack of soda, and see how he is doing? I'd love to just go bs for a bit but I do live several hours away! Shoot I'd love to take my bolt and carrier over and learn how to polish bolts myself and in trade help him catch up on a few things!

Will

Walk over and find out what's what, TODAY -- that is a no brainer.  Do you really think you need someone to PM you to indicate that that would be a "help"???   Have you read this thread!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Sheesh

Geepers Odd Man!  Keep your panties on! 032.gif

I'll pop over there this afternoon. Keep you posted.

Be well,

Will

• Like 3