Question

• Answers 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Found him!

I retract all my other statements About Pauly.... you guys will all receive your parts in time. He is going through a lot of health issue's but is getting better. he will be sending parts out here soo

Posted Images

Can any of the mods get ahold of him and please ask him if we can get our parts back?

It seems they have become as rare as Pauly...
Misplaced anger, dude.

They DID continue to accept his money, and let him continue to advertise on this forum long after the problems began to surface...

If MODS collect the money around here, I wish someone would have clued me in on it...

Folks always need someone else to blame...

Look like ya had me squarely in your bullseye..

In the meantime, I guess I'll delete spam and move threads vs involve myself for the greater good...

Gets REAL old to be constantly be dragged into drama that ya got nothin' to do with...

There are also people who will prosecute for libel....Just sayin'...

Sorry if it seemed as if I was blaming you. You and the other Moderators are the underdogs that are in the first line when the shit hits the fan, and sadly become the whipping boys for frustrated and pissed off people. As Shandlanos pointed out, all you (and the other mods) can do is to report and or give your opinion to the owner of this forum, who should be protecting the integrity of this forum, and protecting his source of revenue by taking action.

Trust me - as a 17 year veteran of a small, volunteer fire department. I am WELL aware of how people take for granted the time you donate, and are not compensated for! The praise for the work you do may not always be there, but it is most certainly appreciated by many.

If MODS collect the money around here, I wish someone would have clued me in on it...

Folks always need someone else to blame...

Maybe this should be addressed in the policies (or maybe it already has) for advertisers on this forum. If there are a certain  number of complaints, they should be placed on some sort of "probation", and not allowed to continue to advertise. I am not pointing the finger of blame at anyone in particular, but the complaints seemed to be pouring in well before Pauly was shut down here....

Moving forward - I hope everyone has learned something from this, it never happens again to the extent it has, the poor individuals get their parts back,  and Pauly gets his life straightened out.!

Hmmm.. DO I see TWO unfounded attacks from you on people who have NOTHING to do with the situation..

I wonder if you blame the TV for running ads for products that make claims that cant deliver...

the forum is an advertising medium, no more, no less...

I'm attempting to contact Pauly on y'all's behalf in my free motherfuckin' time....

It becomes a hell of a lot less important to me when folks try and drag my good name through the dirt....

Best of luck with yer bullshit... I'm out...!

Thanks for whatever efforts you were making. Sorry, we weren't aware you were trying to help.

I spoke with him last night on FB.. so he is alive...

Any chance you asked him if anyone will get their parts back?

With all the moving and drama, IF they are still in his possession, they are probably all thrown together in a box somewhere and hopelessly mixed up. In the recent post to me, he said he is selling his milling machine because he needs the money.

I've not had any contact with Pauly in months.  But for those who have...if you could find out what model machine he's selling, and how much he's asking for it.  It's a long shot, but if the price is affordable, I'd be willing to drive out there and pay him for it.  Assuming he's still got the parts (especially mine).  I would just ask for any donations for fuel (I'm an hour east of Chicago & it's gonna be a hell of a round trip.

It's not perfect, but it might be a solution:

1. Pauly gets money for some bills and gets this monkey off his back and can focus on getting help.

2. I get the parts that would be mailed back to the rightful owners (owner pays priority shipping with tracking and insurance)

3. I get a milling machine that I can resell.

I have seen zero evidence that Paul is selling a machine. Someone posted that and then several guys ran with it. I believe from talking with Pauly that as long as he is breathing he would not sell or lose your parts. I mean really wtf would he do with them? It is not like a S12 bolt is a hot commodity. The guys that are just fucking ranting and raving with out a clue are the ones that are going to push him over the edge. I actually sent him a 100.00 for my shipping, the next guy in line and maybe the next after me. I then told him to keep the rest and go have a nice dinner or something. He refunded all but my shipping and told me he would feel he was stealing to keep the money. I believe the guy just got himself in a hole and will eventually dig himself out. Threats on the internet are laughable. All you do is piss off the guy with your parts and risk maybe pushing him over the edge, assuming he is on the edge. The best bet is sending a guy by there to retrieve parts for whomever wants them or just waiting patiently. As long as he is slowly returning parts there is not a damn thing you can do to him legally.

• Like 2

With all the moving and drama, IF they are still in his possession, they are probably all thrown together in a box somewhere and hopelessly mixed up. In the recent post to me, he said he is selling his milling machine because he needs the money.

I've not had any contact with Pauly in months.  But for those who have...if you could find out what model machine he's selling, and how much he's asking for it.  It's a long shot, but if the price is affordable, I'd be willing to drive out there and pay him for it.  Assuming he's still got the parts (especially mine).  I would just ask for any donations for fuel (I'm an hour east of Chicago & it's gonna be a hell of a round trip.

1. Pauly gets money for some bills and gets this monkey off his back and can focus on getting help.

2. I get the parts that would be mailed back to the rightful owners (owner pays priority shipping with tracking and insurance)

I have seen zero evidence that Paul is selling a machine. Someone posted that and then several guys ran with it. I believe from talking with Pauly that as long as he is breathing he would not sell or lose your parts. I mean really wtf would he do with them? It is not like a S12 bolt is a hot commodity. The guys that are just fucking ranting and raving with out a clue are the ones that are going to push him over the edge. I actually sent him a 100.00 for my shipping, the next guy in line and maybe the next after me. I then told him to keep the rest and go have a nice dinner or something. He refunded all but my shipping and told me he would feel he was stealing to keep the money. I believe the guy just got himself in a hole and will eventually dig himself out. Threats on the internet are laughable. All you do is piss off the guy with your parts and risk maybe pushing him over the edge, assuming he is on the edge. The best bet is sending a guy by there to retrieve parts for whomever wants them or just waiting patiently. As long as he is slowly returning parts there is not a damn thing you can do to him legally.

Not looking for litigation...once attorneys get involved, everyone loses. (no offense to any lawyers here) I have a few in the family and the story's always the same.  When did you send him the money? And did you get the parts back (sorry if I missed the post somewhere)?  (Maknwar posted while I was typing this).  And according to skypilot...he heard directly from Pauly that he's selling his milling machine.  So I'm not sure why that would be fabricated (no pun intended).

Edited by Sneak

Someone mentioned earlier that there was a PDX Craig'slist ad for a Milling machine and thought it could be from Paul -- here is a link to the add:   http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/tls/4255371609.html

Not to put a damper on anyone's enthusiasm but do you really think that Paul would relinquish control of the parts you sent him to a stranger that just shows up and says: "I'm here to help."  I sure wouldn't...

Someone mentioned earlier that there was a PDX Craig'slist ad for a Milling machine and thought it could be from Paul -- here is a link to the add:   http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/tls/4255371609.html

Not to put a damper on anyone's enthusiasm but do you really think that Paul would relinquish control of the parts you sent him to a stranger that just shows up and says: "I'm here to help."  I sure wouldn't...

That's not his. The add is for a hurco. Paul has a Bridgeport.

When did you send him the $100? And as far as I know, no one has reported getting their parts back since he has been MIA.

Just before he went MIA. I got mine back and that was it I think Maybe one guy after me.

I went back and read Skypilots about the machine. Well that sucks but if he sells it I would bet everyone gets their stuff back. He just doesn't come off to me as that guy that's going to stick it to everyone.

Edited by kingjason

I am the someone that posted the info and it was a direct email quote. I didn't say he would sell it, only that he wrote that he would. I agree that too much negativity is counterproductive and that a friendly visit, if he could be found, would produce the best results.

I live like 5 hours a way and frequently travel by him and have asked several times for local pick up and he either says I'm trying to threatening him and ignores the request or some times even says he will look into to but lately no repsonse at all.

Paranoia can definitely accompany alcoholism. With all the legal threats being tossed around, he's probably afraid somebody's going to show up on his doorstep with a bunch of cops.

i just want my fucken bolt and carrier back, i dont care if its been worked on or not, we all know we cant get replacement parts for it, or at least cheaply! i need to sell my saiga 12 for cash

I think you perfectly reflect the feelings we all have, just stated a little more directly...

I have $1200 invested in my Saiga along with numerous magazines of all kinds. I think we're all just peeing into the wind with this Forum. It makes us feel good to post here until, one by one, we give up and walk away. We maintain hope that there will be a miraculous cure and that we will all get our parts back. Who knows, lesser miracles have happened...

Sorry to be so cheery.

Happy freakin' New Year

i have about 1800 into mine which was stupid of me, not including the 90 bucks i mailed off for nothing but, is there seriosly no gun smith on this fourm who can not produce a replica bolt and carrier and sell them to people like us? i mean i know a guy down my street in arizona who builts AK47s from scratch in his garage, and isnt the bolt and carrier for that pretty much same thing on a smaller scale? i mean from what i have seen we have some pretty talented people on here, shouldent at least one person be able to do it?

he working on making a bolt early next year, I just orderd the carrier so I'm half way there

non notched bolt Saiga $700

Mine still without a notched bolt

Saiga $700

Pauly's storage/keepers fee $90

Billet Carrier $280 + shipping

Bolt will be $$$???? if I can get one

Plus other not relavent mods

This is Sad, I never would have thought Pauly would hold our parts hostage, still don't think he's a bad guy, I completely understand down falls of life, but at some point you need to pick yourself back up and change this downward spiral. I'm #1 on the list, you've had my parts going on 13 months now. I've done business with you a few times in the last 3-4 years now You've always came through spite the lack of communication.

Paul, I ask you to come forward and tell us whats going on, and give every one the option to email you a paid label for the return of there parts, At this point its the right and moral thing to do.

You still have my S12 RSB/gas tube. I was nice enough to let you borrow Vepr folding trunnion so you can clone parts from it.

I need them back, please email me at jeluvsk@yahoo.com and I will forward you a shipping label for the return of my parts.

• Like 1

Wow! After reading this thread I hope Paul has a better 2014 and I pray all you guys get your parts back completed. From talking to him almost a year ago, I got the impression that he is very passionate about everything he does and will stand up for what he believes.

Paul I'm sure you want to be remembered for the awesome work you've done on customers bolts, even if it's taking a year to do it just get it done bro!

Happy New Year everyone, I hope 2014 brings all your parts back!

What good is the bolt without the carrier? We appreciate your work, but one without the other still leaves the gun inoperable. Plus, some of us gave him the trigger group assembly...

Any chance of also doing the carrier? You may have a captive group here so you would be assured a nice minimum order.

Whatcha think?

He didn't make those he just linked you to them and they made the carrier all ready just waiting on the bolt. Of course everyone is going to say to expensive then either not have one or pay to play.I do find it total bs pauly won't even post an update or anything when he knows how many ppl are upset, not like he doesn't have plenty of shill accounts, and like he really hasn't been on here at all? He's pulling a Mike Davidson except he's making sure to piss off everyone while disappearing.

Edited by beefcakeb0
  • Like 2

I do find it total bs pauly won't even post an update or anything when he knows how many ppl are upset, not like he doesn't have plenty of shill accounts, and like he really hasn't been on here at all? He's pulling a Mike Davidson except he's making sure to piss off everyone while disappearing.

The typical downward spiral of the average alcoholic is characterized by the loss of employment, family, friends, possessions, housing, self-respect, and very possibly their life. I say this after almost 20 years of working with desperate alcoholics, sad to say most don't make it, they stumble along to a miserable lonely death. Every person that comes into contact with an alcoholic of this description is adversely affected in one way or another. Everybody awaits the day that this person will grab himself up by his bootstraps and straightens his life out, happiness prevails. My opinion, based on personal experience is, that if someone doesn't get hold of those parts soon, all will be lost, I have watched this happen over and over. Many of these types become indignant and very antisocial, extreme caution should taken when approaching them, they are usually like Jekyll and Hyde, you never know what to expect.

I've supported Pauly and responded many times when things were getting tense. I see a classic alcoholic power trip. Pauly's got the parts and Pauly's got control, literally and figuratively. I sent him an email in December offering continued support and yet I still read how he keeps shitting on everyone who's parts he has. I detailed my own problems here and will no longer encourage him to seek help. He did ask for help from all of us, yet he refuses to help himself or the others he's screwing. I was a few weeks away from being one of the ones without the bolts for my S12s. There's too many of you guys that have offered what he doesn't deserve. You shouldn't have to pay twice. Granted, his services were outrageously cheap, but he set the price structure and it is time to grow up and take responsibility for his actions. I check this thread daily, hoping the right thing will be done. Pauly's got to be doing the same as well. The difference is I would be selling blood and collecting aluminum to make things right and that's what being sober is to me. I don't need a liquid sleeping pill to knock me out. I used to think guys like this needed their asses beat and handed to them, but now I realize it's not a beating they deserve, but a good old fashioned spanking. You guys aren't dealing with a man, but a child. I am so grateful this forum taught me how to take care of my own bolts. Thanks Pauly

• Like 1

Pauly,

You did great work on my S12 a few years ago!

If you're still in Portland, message me and let's see if we can get something/anything done.

I live on Atlantic Ave just off Lombard. I will keep all comms. confidential.

Be well,

Will

• Like 1

This is Sad, I never would have thought Pauly would hold our parts hostage, still don't think he's a bad guy, I completely understand down falls of life, but at some point you need to pick yourself back up and change this downward spiral. I'm #1 on the list, you've had my parts going on 13 months now. I've done business with you a few times in the last 3-4 years now You've always came through spite the lack of communication.

Paul, I ask you to come forward and tell us whats going on, and give every one the option to email you a paid label for the return of there parts, At this point its the right and moral thing to do.

You still have my S12 RSB/gas tube. I was nice enough to let you borrow Vepr folding trunnion so you can clone parts from it.

I need them back, please email me at jeluvsk@yahoo.com and I will forward you a shipping label for the return of my parts.

I've also offered to email him a prepaid label.  It would be very simple.  Print it, slap it on the free USPS priority box from the Post Office, and ship it out.  Done & done.  I'd get my parts (in whatever condition) and he wouldn't be accepting any more money - if that's still an issue with him.  Let me know how much success you have with that.  He still needs to get his mind healthy though.

At some point in the end of October, most of the posts surfacing regarding this problem were locked and or deleted on this forum, and comments and complaints were directed to be discussed on this thread. By the mid to end of November, people started realizing the full scope of the problem, and that contrary to what Pauly had posted, little if anything was being done. 

I don't think there are, or have ever been, any significant complaints or problems with the quality of his work - just problems in his personal life preventing him from following good business practices.

I just talked to pauly and he said he had a bunch of orders ready to ship. It was well worth the wait is all I have to say. Took my saiga to the gun show. I couldn't check out a table without people asking me about it. And forget trying to get deals because as soon as they saw the saiga. They all thought I was rollin in cash. Lol

• Like 2

If he has a bunch or orders to ship, then he should come in here and ask for prepaid labels from those who want them shipped. Many of us have offered and I know I would for sure be one of them. At this point no one really cares about free shipping, I am 100% positive EVERYONE would pay for return shipping, and if theres someone who cant afford it u can bet your ass someone would be kind enough to take care of it for them.  He could have all those shipped out in a day if he wanted and it would really bring some positive light to this whole situation.