Question

• Answers 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Found him!

I retract all my other statements About Pauly.... you guys will all receive your parts in time. He is going through a lot of health issue's but is getting better. he will be sending parts out here soo

Posted Images

He commented in the last two threads - it definitely didn't do him, or anybody else, any good. He ranted, without providing any real information.

Pauly PM'd me I cost him $600 in work over the last two days due to activities outside of this forum. He says I owe him the money.....what a fricking nut case.

What the hell?

I'd love details if you're willing to share. Posting it here would probably get the thread deleted, a PM would be great.

Yeah, inquiring minds want to know!

Pauly dug this hole for himself.  Where all the egotistical, maniacal social media ranting came from, well that is something else all together.

Anyone who runs a legitimate business, or has the BASIC knowledge on what it takes to run a business would have never offered the bolt polishing service at the price that was offered. UNLESS, you have 2-3 minimum wage guys running the polishing wheels for you.

At best you are making minimum wage because of the time it takes to polish the bolt/carrier to a bright finish.

If you charged the real/actual shop hour cost for the service, you would be charging in the vicinity of $300 -$400 dollars for the polishing/profiling.

As a professional gunsmith, I don't have time to spend polishing carriers and bolts.  It is not cost effective, I can not meet the hourly minimum income required to pay the overhead and the business would fail.

The guy had a whole bunch of money coming at him which is intoxicating, but eventually the reality of the tedious hours of work that it is going to take to get the product back to the customer hits, and it hits hard!!! 

Jack

Pauly simply stated I cost him $600 for two days of work due to activities outside the forums. He also stated he felt I owed him the $600.

His logic is all crypted to me. The mods have copies of the PMs

The guy had a whole bunch of money coming at him which is intoxicating, but eventually the reality of the tedious hours of work that it is going to take to get the product back to the customer hits, and it hits hard!!! 

Jack

Yep.

Jet, maybe he has $600 worth of postage he needs to send back the peoples parts.  BTW, his rants on the since deleted thread is what has cost him business.  Which, if he was pulling in $600/week in polishing jobs, then he wouldn't be in this position.  He is looking to blame anyone but himself.  Time to look in the mirror, Pauly.

Anyone been around long enough to remember Gary Gucciano from Solstice Arms?  Been there, done that.  Had to have a buddy who is with the Kansas Bureau of Investigation pay him a visit to get my parts back.  This is the EXACT same pattern. 

I have heard from him and my parts will be here Monday. Been about ten months since I sent mine in and I am just glad to have them back. He was very apologetic and appears to be trying to move forward. If it was me I would flat stop taking orders until I was completely caught up. At that point I would crank up the price and only do a few a month or whatever I could pull off in my spare time. I did not get all the fancy polishing on everything since it would be counter productive in my line of work to be shiny. I did get a charging handle, FTG work and all the other reliability and performance modifications. In the end no one really knows what is going on in Paul's world and it would be best not to speculate. From what I have seen on here he does do some fantastic work and should he close up shop and move on it would be a loss to the Saiga 12 world. Lets all hope this works it self out and things get moving in the right direction.

Edited by kingjason
  • Like 1

I have heard from him and my parts will be here Monday. Been about ten months since I sent mine in and I am just glad to have them back. He was very apologetic and appears to be trying to move forward. If it was me I would flat stop taking orders until I was completely caught up. At that point I would crank up the price and only do a few a month or whatever I could pull off in my spare time. I did not get all the fancy polishing on everything since it would be counter productive in my line of work to be shiny. I did get a charging handle, FTG work and all the other reliability and performance modifications. In the end no one really knows what is going on in Paul's world and it would be best not to speculate. From what I have seen on here he does do some fantastic work and should he close up shop and move on it would be a loss to the Saiga 12 world. Lets all hope this works it self out and things get moving in the right direction.

10 months is ridiculous. It took me 20 minutes with a fine grinder wheel and a buffer to do y own, of course I was working sober. The guy asked for help and turned nasty to those trying to help him. fuck'em

• Like 1

Yeah, inquiring minds want to know!

Pauly dug this hole for himself.  Where all the egotistical, maniacal social media ranting came from, well that is something else all together.

Anyone who runs a legitimate business, or has the BASIC knowledge on what it takes to run a business would have never offered the bolt polishing service at the price that was offered. UNLESS, you have 2-3 minimum wage guys running the polishing wheels for you.

At best you are making minimum wage because of the time it takes to polish the bolt/carrier to a bright finish.

If you charged the real/actual shop hour cost for the service, you would be charging in the vicinity of $300 -$400 dollars for the polishing/profiling.

As a professional gunsmith, I don't have time to spend polishing carriers and bolts.  It is not cost effective, I can not meet the hourly minimum income required to pay the overhead and the business would fail.

Jack

I haven't read this whole thread yet but this is one of the truest statements I've read in a long time. While there are great things about the internet one thing it does is exactly what you describe. Someone offers a service and are snowballed by the sheer volume of work. If you don't have a solid business background it will drown you.

I can think of a dozen guys in the last year who had great and honest intentions but ended up overwhelmed by what happened.

It's sad how many people don't get how to figure out your actual cost of doing business.

Hope he's OK.

I second that motion. Let wiser heads prevail. He'll come back when he's ready.

Not sure what you mean:

Second what motion?

-To " Shit-can any speculation and let the facts present themselves?" Which facts? Like a bunch or people are upset because they are not sure that they will get their parts back before the messiah arrives? (And after the messiah arrives we won't be allowed to shoot our weapons!). Yeah, stupid people - don't express dissatisfaction. Who do you think you are anyway?

- to let "Wiser heads prevail? Who are these wiser heads and what do they advocate prevailing? To pay your money and shut-up? Gosh, I thought we all stand for freedom of expression in these here United States.

-"That he'll come back when he's ready." Well, I guess you can't argue with that...

I just wonder if the last two posters are waiting on your parts for a year or so and are starting to wonder if you will get you parts at all? Most of us don't moan or groan too much about the situation because:

-There's not a damn thing we can do about it.

-And we don't want to piss anyone off who may have the parts lest they delay even longer, doing what was promised.

Generally, we've been very supportive of him and I think we are all to be commended.

Just like all of this has burned itself out on his various threads, so too here, I think we've about burned this out.

Now, back to waiting for the messiah...

• Like 1

Skypilot... I was referring to the speculation of drug abuse or whatever.

and "speculation" on if I am waiting on parts.. I am not.

His (eta: Pauly) future here is obviously in question and under review by forum admin.

all better now?020.gif

I dashed into the VA hospital for alcoholism treatment one time and there was no opportunity to call anyone, e-mail anyone or anything else, all outside communication was cut. I realize you guys are pissed and you have every right to be, I would be smokin, but I hope we find out that he in fact has gone for help. I also hope that you all get your parts back too.

2c.gif

• Like 1

Ban him and I bet no one gets anything back at all. Parts, money, nothing. Banning would piss anyone off and does not solve anything.

Just my 2 cents

That doesn't follow. At least one business member has been removed in the past - and Makc still gave him an opportunity to use the forum to clean up some of his mess. As Nailbomb so clearly pointed out - he's not going to be banned on a whim. If you were running a business, you wouldn't give up consistent monthly revenue without a damned good reason.

Ban him and I bet no one gets anything back at all. Parts, money, nothing. Banning would piss anyone off and does not solve anything. Just my 2 cents

You don't have a clue some of the behind the scene problems he has caused for a couple of members. And no, I won't go into details.

Edit: I stated no details.....don't PM me asking for for any.

Edited by Jet
  • Like 1

Cant find the thread. But he said he will fill all orders he has as soon as possible and not taking any new. That he is done as it is no longer a challange. Give him time he will make good. No i dont have any inside info this is from a thread he had.

• Like 1

Cant find the thread. But he said he will fill all orders he has as soon as possible and not taking any new. That he is done as it is no longer a challange. Give him time he will make good. No i dont have any inside info this is from a thread he had.

Two of his threads completey disappeared. One where he mentions shooting his dog, and the other his help for drinking thread.

Skypilot... I was referring to the speculation of drug abuse or whatever.

and "speculation" on if I am waiting on parts.. I am not.

His (eta: Pauly) future here is obviously in question and under review by forum admin.

all better now?:kiss:

All better. :-)

Thanks

Now jes git me them dang gun parts!

how can you say he stopped taking orders? the business section is still there and deserves to be if hes paying the monthly fee, all the prices, shipping info, and who to make the checks out too is there, so anybody can still box up parts, write a check, and mail him the parts, and what is he supposed to do, mail it back on his dime? or cash the check and get to it when he gets to it then mail it back. its a tough situation

how can you say he stopped taking orders? the business section is still there and deserves to be if hes paying the monthly fee, all the prices, shipping info, and who to make the checks out too is there, so anybody can still box up parts, write a check, and mail him the parts, and what is he supposed to do, mail it back on his dime? or cash the check and get to it when he gets to it then mail it back. its a tough situation

easy solution I see to that, is if the owner of this website takes out the "pinned" Payment & shipping methods . or at least take out the address from that, and put in it's place something to the effect;  "until prior customers parts are returned  I have taken out his shipping and payment  address". as well as taking out his "signature" that links to his website, and any links to his website

see how easy that could be?    

just because he is paying this gunboard  for a business membership, does not entitle him to keep collecting money from new customers who are unaware,  when the owner and moderators know for a fact that  there are  customers (members)  who have sent him money and parts and have waited anywhere up to 1 year, and still have not gotten their parts back, and there is no satisfactory explanation as to why.

business membership shouldn't be a license or  shield to hide behind while there are some serious, serious issues about his business practice. it just looks like  this place is a haven for him to fish for new customers, despite the owners and mods  knowing his business practice is flakey, and didn't do nothing about it.  it does not look good for this board or owner's  reputation

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 2

I feel that allowing someone to continue to advertise business on this site, while it is well documented at this point that there are problems with this company, is not good for the reputation of the other businesses or the forum itself.

Just my opinion - for what it is worth...

• Like 2