There is a close up pic showing clearly that its an AR15 pattern rifle, with a railed gas block. In that pic it looks like a mini-14, but in the blown up pic its clear. Looks kinda like a DPMS sportical, but with a higher gas block and standard stock. HOWEVER, that MAY have been the rifle that he took from the TSA agent. We wont know what he actually brought until we get a news report, and I doubt that we can even trust that at this point. I wont believe anything until I see what they pull from a FOIA request. There are rumors of a shotgun, or pistol-caliber carbine, and the silence leads me to believe that may actually be the truth.

Ya all very good points guys. It seems like it was probably the Mini 14, but then again who knows. What the media is doing by blasting their faces and stories all over for their own anti-gun agendas is just feeding this shit show. They give these psychos the coverage they crave and keep perpetuating these attacks. They have to know this, that they perpetuate more killing but they don't care if it pushes the agenda and narrative.

Seriously, 800 rounds per second? If my antique math skills still exist, that's 48000 rds per minute. Not meaning to be insensitive, but who comes up with this crap and where the hell is the editor. Let's not get started on the 300 rd mag. I know this is kind of what the media is presenting, but surely even a fool with half a brain (read, liberal) must realize how outrageous claims like these will be. There are none so blind as he who will not see. By the way, if one of these 800 rd AR14 isn't classified as a fully automatic weapon, even though I can legally own one in Kansas, now, I wouldn't mind having one for future needs. Oh yeah Wally world has .223 at decent prices for a change. Going to start doing my finger exercises to get in shape.

• Like 1

Interestingly the guy with a pump 870 did 12x more damage..

Your more likely to survive being shot at by an AR then a shotgun at that range.

I fear the day when the crazies actually put a little time into their attacks.

• Like 1

48,000 rounds per minute! I didn't need to do the math to see that 800 rounds "per second" was wrong. Now I'm wondering what else could be wrong in the article. Wait. Maybe the article is right. Yes! That explains the ammo shortage! If all you 800 round per second, 48,000 round per minute shooters would just lighten up a bit, maybe to just 1,000 or 2,000 rounds per minute, the rest of us could find ammo to buy!

Seriously, 800 rounds per second? If my antique math skills still exist, that's 48000 rds per minute. Not meaning to be insensitive, but who comes up with this crap and where the hell is the editor. Let's not get started on the 300 rd mag. I know this is kind of what the media is presenting, but surely even a fool with half a brain (read, liberal) must realize how outrageous claims like these will be. There are none so blind as he who will not see. By the way, if one of these 800 rd AR14 isn't classified as a fully automatic weapon, even though I can legally own one in Kansas, now, I wouldn't mind having one for future needs. Oh yeah Wally world has .223 at decent prices for a change. Going to start doing my finger exercises to get in shape.

You couldn't tell that the linked article was satire?

You couldn't tell that the linked article was satire?

Very good.  You caught the spoof too.  wink.png

Well, I'd think that at a crime scene, you'd drop the mag and clear the chamber, thus making the weapon safe.

Place the mag and round next to the weapon.

Disturb the crime scene as little as possible.

• Like 2

This is from an AP report:

U.S. Attorney Andre Birotte Jr. spelled out a chilling chain of events at LAX that began when Ciancia strode into Terminal 3, pulled a Smith & Wesson .223-caliber assault rifle from his duffel bag and fired repeatedly at point-blank range at a TSA officer. The officer was checking IDs and boarding passes at the base of an escalator leading to the main screening area.

DLT- Just an FYI, I'm only 5'10", but I have a 36" sleeve. (Yeah, I'm a knuckle-dragger!) I have the adjustable stocks on my rifle and S-12 just 1 notch short of fully-extended too.  beer.gif

The main reasons to have a stock set short are: short arms, ease of storage, or wearing heavy clothes/vest. Did I miss any?  ;)

I have no problem believing one wacko went into the airport and shot some people while trying to kill TSA agents.  I doubt it is a "false flag".  That said, it does appear the S&W .556/.223 was staged on the floor for a photograph.

The media will continue to bring every case to the forefront in support of the liberal cause of banning evil black rifles.  We will have to remain vigilant in the fight for freedom to retain our right to own such arms or we will lose the battle.  There is no room for apathy.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20131104/US-LAX-Shooting/

Not exactly sure what he has there but it certainly IS NOT LEGAL IN CALIFORNIA OR A GUN FREE ZONE! :)

Maybe we could find out what kind of rifle it is by checking Holder and Obama's Fast and Furious serial numbers. Those weapons keep showing up in the stragest places.

Fortunately for the TSA and the rest of the crowd there, the shooter decided to or was issued a round that more often wounds than kills. I hate the 5.56 nato. If he would have had a 30-30 lever action rifle, he would have done a hell of a lot more damage.

Fair enough. What about the buis?

Not a pipe hitter. A mall ninja.

Probably got folded back up in his bag and when he pulled it out at the airport it stayed down. Could have been at the functions check after the shooting.

Shitty guy, shitty weapon, shitty mission.

Yeah cant argue with any of that.

If you read many valid historical accounts (non-romanticized / non-governmental) of societies in rapid decline a common thread is that the less stable pull the trigger first.

Call'em what we will this is not a civilization breeding rationality currently, indeed much the opposite.

PS

In case some may not have noticed the last two "news blitz" domestic attacks have been on government personnel instead of Moms in malls..

Edited by Rhodes1968

Yeah cant argue with any of that.

If you read many valid historical accounts (non-romanticized / non-governmental) of societies in rapid decline a common thread is that the less stable pull the trigger first.

Call'em what we will this is not a civilization breeding rationality currently, indeed much the opposite.

PS

In case some may not have noticed the last two "news blitz" domestic attacks have been on government personnel instead of Moms in malls..

Dead on accurate here.  No doubt about it in my mind.  People have been trained to be terrorized by our government, and now the economic breakdown and we are looking at people going over the edge left and right.  Plus, they have to worry that Holder is arming the criminals while Mao tries to disarm us of any method of defense.  It'd put a lot of people on the edge, and those already there are gonna fall over.