Do NOT do business with GunDealerOnline

So I read good and bad reviews about GunDealerOnline. I chose to do business with them anyway (big mistake!). 

So here's what happened:

I ordered 5 FAL mags from them. They showed In Stock so I placed an order. I immediately received a confirmation email. Well some time goes by and my order never made it out of the Processing phase (they were never sent). I called a few times for a couple days, and never actually reached anyone. I finally just left a message and by the end of the day I left a message, I received a phone call from Jeff there. He told me that they were very busy and mags would be sent out the next Tuesday. The reason they were busy? He said the recent Obama executive orders were causing much more business than usual. I was a little puzzled when he said that. The only recent E.O.s concerning guns at the time were the ones concerning the M1 Garand importation. I accepted the excuse anyways.

Well, I got on the internet afterward and sure enough, the only E.O.s passed were dealing with the M1 Garand, which they don't do any business with. That, with the lack of anyone answering the phones got me on edge. Well I waited until the following Tuesday, checked my order status and... nothing. It didn't change from processing. So I waited until Wednesday and called them. Same shit, no answer. Well I continued to call, and left some more messages for a few days, nothing. I event sent emails.... no response.

By the end of the week I had written a couple emails to a few different people there and called many times to no avail. I finally had to give them an ultimatum the following week, respond to my email and send me the magazines, or I could possibly be making a claim with my credit card company ... guess what? Nothing. So I sent one last email asking them to cancel my order because I do not wish to do business with them. At this point I finally got a damn response from them. Jeff emailed me saying the order was canceled and the money will be refunded in 5-7 business days. I guess he forgot which excuse he told me last time because this time in the email he told me that its hunting season so that is the reason for the lack of responses over the past few weeks and the inability to respond to my email for weeks as well. So much for the E.O.s excuse..

It doesn't end there however. 10 business days went by, no refund. So I called my credit card company, and they showed no refund either. So the next day, 11 business days later and well over a month after the initial purchase, I filed a claim to get a refund. My CC company told me to let them know if the refund comes through and to notify them, as it would take another 10 business days before the claim is processed (so that's a total of 21 business days they had from when they said they would refund me before they were even notified of the claim). 

It did end well enough though. My credit card company did refund me my money, but at the expense of my credit score (it dropped a few points because of this bullshit). 

Moral of the story: do NOT do business with GunDealerOnline! I did not heed the warning from others and had to go through some major bullshit to get my money back

Sorry for the terrible grammar/spelling, I've been up for a long time!

Thanks for the warning.....

Dont understand what would affect your credit score?

I use my Citibank. Someone in another state purchased a $700 laptop (somehow with my card info).

I filed a complaint. It was instantly removed from my credit card and the card company did the work to collect thier loss.

Bought defective dining room set on my Citibank. Store was refusing to take the furniture back or refund any money. Citi bank instantly removed the funds off my card and the store had no other option but to take it back

Like my Citibank.....

this doesn't sound right at all.

first off if you paid by a real  CC, not a debt card, or some hokey on-line credit thingy , then they wouldn't ask you about receiving a refund from a company.  CC companies do charge backs, taking the money from the vendor account and credit the money back to you.  those do not and have never affected your credit score.

I did a couple of charge backs on some asswipe companies that didn't send me the merchandise I bought using a VISA CC. they tried to be cute, but  I didn't want to play their silly games,   so  I just called my CC and they were more then happy to take back their money, my next billing statement that money was credited back. remember boys and girls, when you use a REAL CC, it's the CC company's  money which is at stake not yours,  and they will be more then  happy to take  back their money, and also charge a high charge back fee to the vendor for being a asshole.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

Yeah it was a real CC. You guys raise good points, I'll be calling my CC company to see wtf is going on exactly. I still got my money back so I still have a sense of victory about the whole situation!

Edited by socom688