Magazines for saiga-12

I have a an agp magazine and a sgm magazine. After filing a little underneath the notch of both of them so the mag release will catch it still locks real tight. The mag release completely locks under the notch but a good push is needed on the mag release to release the magazine. I'm afraid if I file too much more imma cause the mags to be loose. But afraid if I don't ill mess the mag release up somehow?

Thank you I guess it's better for them to have a really tight lock then loose, right? there are also mixed opinions on how to fit agp magazines. Some say file the little notch right above the first rib on the side of the mag. And some say to file down the mag release notch (mag). I chose to file the mag release notch before I researched it. Hope it wasn't a wrong move...

Nope. Just don't overdo it like everyone has said. They will wear in. I bought my first S12 in 2011 and was hesitant at first after reading about how much could be done with the platform. I asked for recommendations on mags and all I got was good info on what worked for them. I went with the AGP too. Filing eight mags to fit was more than I wanted, but I wanted reliability above all else so it was done. Slowly and with each mag fitted I saw myself anxiously waiting for that trip to the river to try them out. Man did it pay off. I had to adjust the plug a couple off times on the first mag, but after it got dialed in, every AGP ran like a charm. Not one FTE and a couple times I actually found myself (and my buddy as well) checking the chamber to make sure. I ended up after the cleaning, polishing the bolt and smoothing it out like I learned here. The second S12 came a year later and same thing only my current mags went right in as though it was made in America where things fit right most of the time. One thing you will find is that the Russians know a good design, but quality control is not in their language. Welcome to the club and search the posts if you're not sure on something, then ask. Lots of good, knowledgeable, and helpful people here.

• Like 1