Greetings,

I recently performed a CSS conversion on my stock Saiga 12 utilizing the TAPCO trigger group, CSS modified bolt hold open and spring, upgraded hmmer spring, and the "universal" axis retaining plate.

Post conversion the BHO spring randomly slips off the notch by just cycling the action, firing, or resting in the gun case. Sometimes it never happens at all, even when firing. Then it will randomly pop off while the gun is just being manipulated.

Any tips?

That seems to have fixed the problem for now. Why don't you just manufacture it that way?

A little background info: This was a fully functioning un-converted S12 that functioned very well prior to conversion. I put about 50 rounds through it before the conversion with no FTE even on low brass.

New problems after putting 25 rounds through the gun post-conversion:

1. The axis retaining plate is very sloppy. It does not stay fully in place or "locked down" on the rear (trigger) pin.
  2. The JTE spring I purchased and installed is not striking the firing pin hard enough to fire the primer. (rounds not firing off but there is a small dent in the primer) There is a lot of play between the aft portion of the bolt and the hammer as if the firing pin spring is pushing back against the hammer.

Any input?

Also, I am having major issues with the Chaos rail I purchased on this thread: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/91333-sighting-in-chaos-titan/

Edited by Russian CFI

Put a bend in the JTE spring where it wraps around the hammer. This will increase the tension on the hammer  JTE has pictures of where it needs to be bent, in his sub forum. It's common issue and has been covered in multiple other threads on this forum, no big deal.

Lots of topics available too, covering potential issues with the use of a quad rail.

The retaining plate could be out of spec, or there could be another issue involved, that's a tough one to diagnose without trying a different plate or comparing it to another.

Edited by Mullet Man
  • Like 1