Got The Hots For A 54r

You know how it goes, something catches your eye, you look...and look and next thing you know you gotta have one.

I understand there isn't a surplus of Vepr 54r rifles at this time for whatever reason.  I've seen some on GB but not anywhere else for the most part.  I see there are "I Want One" threads in this sub forum.

Are these at an end as far as importation?

Is it a "bite the bullet and pay the price" situation?

Do I just need to get past the "cheap ammo" thing and get a .308?

Enlighten me (if you don't mind).

Oh, and I have a Mosin already.

Edited by Squishy

I have been drooling over the Vepr 54's Atlantic is advertising.

Just can't justify the expense right now.

I have my eye on the ones they spruced up and almost pulled the trigger but an ex-Army sniper instructor I know steered me toward a Remington 700 SPS Tactical which only comes in a right handed model which isn't necessarily a prohibitive factor...I didn't go that way yet either.  I understand a 54r and the Remington are two different things.

I just like the idea of a more potent round than the x39 in semi auto (and cheap ammo doesn't hurt either).

I did the "Notify Me" thing on the Atlantic site for the Vepr "Tactical", more are supposed to be available late this month or early next month.

Im still hung up on the mags...................

How so?

single stack 5 rnd is the same length as the double stack 5 rnder in my tiger. and the 10 rnd mag is rediculous. other than that, the rifle is tits!

• 1 month later...

I went through the process however it was laid out at the time.  I guess anything is possible but I keep a close eye on everything that comes to my spam folder because it has happened that non spam, important mail has come to it.

Moot point anyway, I got a 20.5" square back from you about a week ago.  I just posted it mainly for the benefit of others.