Just got home from Tulsa. This year was really a dud. I didn't pick up anything. It looked like about half as many people. Say very few sales being made. I think the weapons ban scare and unpaid credit cards along with crummy economy were pretty evident. Ammo wasn't even moving at pre ban volume, and prices were relatively decent on that. I know a number dealers and all of them said it was the worst Tulsa show for sales they can remember.

From being a surplus dealer at gun shows, I can tell you that there are good days and bad.  Some days, you buy more than you sell! 

One of the really bad ones turned out to be a lot of fun!  A class 3 friend bought a motorized UZI water pistol and started messing around with it.  Next day I brought the sawed off water shotgun, and we had a little war between the tables with the aisle as "no man's land".  (Can you tell we were bored stiff?)

That same show also had an ATF entrapment sting going down.  Some dude with a PPSH and no papers, and his car was parked between two vans with mirrored windows.  One dealer saw that, walked away, and informed the rest of us.  Although, a few were asking if anyone had a hacksaw they could borrow.

• Like 1

Just got home from Tulsa. This year was really a dud. I didn't pick up anything. It looked like about half as many people. Say very few sales being made. I think the weapons ban scare and unpaid credit cards along with crummy economy were pretty evident. Ammo wasn't even moving at pre ban volume, and prices were relatively decent on that. I know a number dealers and all of them said it was the worst Tulsa show for sales they can remember.

prob is they gotta figure out a way to unpiss off folks from the high prices from before...

and i dont think these used car salesman are in it to be a service. they in it for themselves. yes, money is nice, but its a side effect of providing a service to the population.. refocus on that andthey wont be hurtin anymore

Houston show was dead this weekend, on the plus side AR prices were extremely low.

The AR price thing is encouraging.  I'd like to see that happen across the board.  Now about. 22 lr ammo and some other calibers.